Next Last
Eastseminole

Orlando, FL

#1 Oct 25, 2012
High class politics, eh?
Jerseyboy for life

Goshen, IN

#2 Oct 26, 2012
We'll give that one to Ocommiebama,I believe he holds that title all by himself or atleast acquired from the Clitons..Who he seeks sound lying techniques from time to time,a real good example on how to fool the American people.After all lying got his sorry a$$ in office a second time...I didn't have sex with that woman...Yea right,,,maybe Hillary did?.....

Eastseminole

Orlando, FL

#3 Oct 29, 2012
Lying has become a way of life for the left--

Lying, and promising the looters in our society something for nothing, are the only tools the left has left
Andy

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Oct 31, 2012
If the shoe fits!

Since: Apr 12

Glassboro, NJ

#5 Oct 31, 2012
Right... such language is so uncharacteristic of the American people. I for one am happy that a politician FINALLY stepped down a peg and spoke unprofessionally in public... and to Rolling Stone! If there was ever any magazine interview to let loose on, Rolling Stone would be it. Actually I expected the slip of tongue from Biden before Obama could manage it. I wish more politicians would slip up like that once in a while.
Jerseyboy for life

Goshen, IN

#6 Oct 31, 2012
Haruko57 wrote:
Right... such language is so uncharacteristic of the American people. I for one am happy that a politician FINALLY stepped down a peg and spoke unprofessionally in public... and to Rolling Stone! If there was ever any magazine interview to let loose on, Rolling Stone would be it. Actually I expected the slip of tongue from Biden before Obama could manage it. I wish more politicians would slip up like that once in a while.
I'm sure Ocommiebama has a very good diction using the "M'FER DIALECT"after all he was a city disorganizer in Chicago.So he could have resorted to a more comfortable language then B/Ser he settled with....Besides if he had of, who in the media would have reported it,Ocommiebama is God like to the mainstream news.So next time Obama let it flow, like Biden did when your Commmie Healthcare bill was passed.....

Glassboro, NJ

#7 Oct 31, 2012
Jerseyboy for life wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure Ocommiebama has a very good diction using the "M'FER DIALECT"after all he was a city disorganizer in Chicago.So he could have resorted to a more comfortable language then B/Ser he settled with....Besides if he had of, who in the media would have reported it,Ocommiebama is God like to the mainstream news.So next time Obama let it flow, like Biden did when your Commmie Healthcare bill was passed.....
Goodness... it's as if the average American doesn't curse between 80-90 times in one day of an average of 15,000 or so words. I mean really... get over it. Even I, who is ever so willing to throw about the words "asshole" and "dumbass", don't curse NEARLY as often as most of my friends, because lets face it most of our youth curse every other word in a sentence and I can sometimes be bothered by the overuse, but I've long accepted that this is a part of our society. The only area where caution needs to be presented is when concerning young children, and if a parent is letting their young impressionable child read The Rolling Stone, then there are some clear issues within that household that need to be addressed.

In other words... Grow up! As detestable as you may find it, people curse, and having one official man curse once in public is not going to end the world. Don't get your panties all tied up in a not over such stupid crap as that. Snarky comments about the class, or professionalism of the words used is just worthless banter. If you want to complain about it, complain about how it's almost like a pot calling a kettle black, or how the content of the Rolling Stone has become less entertaining, or enjoyable because this POP CULTURE magazine which usually just focused on celebs and trends in entertainment and mainstream activities within the youth, suddenly felt the need to interview the President for a story. But too complain over hearing, or rather reading, one man curse ONCE after nearly 4 years of speeches, interviews, etc, is completely asinine.

Glassboro, NJ

#8 Oct 31, 2012
Now... if he decides to make a habit out of it and curse in situations less acceptable than in a freakin Rolling Stone interview... then there may be an issue of professionalism to be concerned with... Let him curse as often as the rest of us, and we can draw a line and get upset.... but once?... ONCE?! I know if I had to deal with even half the crap he's dealt with I would have LONG before now, gone on a live conference, whipped out both middle fingers and yelled "FU** ALL OF YOU!!" and resigned before then leaving the country to stay with either family in Canada, or Jamaica, or friends in Japan. And since you all don't know me I'll be clear... the use of middle fingers and the word "fu**" are very much outside of my character. So him being unhappy enough to curse once... not a shocking thing to me.
Steve

Sicklerville, NJ

#9 Oct 31, 2012
Jereyboy is a BUllshyter, there I said too.
Eastseminole

Orlando, FL

#10 Nov 1, 2012
Haruko57 wrote:
So- you excuse a crude one like Obama?
THAt is the reason politics is so slimy-low lifes like Obama

Candidates for President should be raising the bar, not lowering it
Eastseminole

Orlando, FL

#11 Nov 1, 2012
Haruko57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness... it's as if the average American doesn't curse between 80-90 times in one day of an average of 15,000 or so words. I mean really... get over it. Even I, who is ever so willing to throw about the words "asshole" and "dumbass", don't curse NEARLY as often as most of my friends, because lets face it most of our youth curse every other word in a sentence and I can sometimes be bothered by the overuse, but I've long accepted that this is a part of our society. The only area where caution needs to be presented is when concerning young children, and if a parent is letting their young impressionable child read The Rolling Stone, then there are some clear issues within that household that need to be addressed.
In other words... Grow up! As detestable as you may find it, people curse, and having one official man curse once in public is not going to end the world. Don't get your panties all tied up in a not over such stupid crap as that. Snarky comments about the class, or professionalism of the words used is just worthless banter. If you want to complain about it, complain about how it's almost like a pot calling a kettle black, or how the content of the Rolling Stone has become less entertaining, or enjoyable because this POP CULTURE magazine which usually just focused on celebs and trends in entertainment and mainstream activities within the youth, suddenly felt the need to interview the President for a story. But too complain over hearing, or rather reading, one man curse ONCE after nearly 4 years of speeches, interviews, etc, is completely asinine.
? what kind of people do you hang with?

I guess having a foul mouth is not as celebrated in this part of the country

Glassboro, NJ

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Eastseminole wrote:
<quoted text>
? what kind of people do you hang with?
I guess having a foul mouth is not as celebrated in this part of the country
Awesome people who can be very reasonable, love to question everything, and have high hopes for this country, despite their foul mouths. I'm not condoning the use of such language, because it is, in fact, unprofessional. Even with as much as my friends curse, they generally know better than to do so in a professional, suit-and-tie setting... However, is an interview with the freakin ROLLING STONE actually a fully professional setting? I wouldn't think so... but that's because I have very little respect for Rolling Stone in that sense...

At the same time though, I can't condemn cursing since it's CLEARLY a part of our culture and society to curse, especially amongst the youth of our country, and especially when people are angry... and Dude... I DO hope you realized that "cursing every other word" comment is an obvious exaggeration, meaning that they just curse a LOT more than I do, especially when angry. lol. And it's not supposed to be a celebrated thing. It's not anything special. It's just something I've come to accept as a part of this world. It's gotten to the point where, unless used in excess, I don't even notice when people curse anymore. It's no big deal... unless around small children of course. One should always be careful of such things around small children. Angry parents are huge pains... But i digress... Cursing is not something to get all huffy over, especially when in a situation where, for anyone aside from a politician, no, for anyone aside from a high-ranking, office-holding politician, it would likely be acceptable.

As for you're whole "raising the bar" thing, get off your high horse already... They're still just people and should be perfectly allowed to slip up with things in the right situations. It makes politicians seem more human to me... not to mention it reminds me that most of them are just as mediocre as the rest of us anyway. Now I know you're gonna accuses of saying this, so I'll clarify: I'm NOT saying that EVERY mistake should be forgiven... but something THIS trivial. Isn't it better to just laugh and move on?

Although I guess I should be happy that this crap didn't get blown horribly out of proportion like that grammatical error he made in that one speech about businesses. Or even more recently that "binders full of women" thing that Romney was getting some flak over.In fact he still gets bashed for it online... Most of my friends were upset at first too, though they tried not to get bothered until they knew the whole story. I explained the full story and setting and they agreed that it was a stupid thing to get upset over.(though they still got upset over several fact checkers confirming that the story it was from was mostly false anyway. XD) People are so quick to jump to the stupidest of conclusions before seeing the full picture of things.

Oh and don't get me wrong... I can see where you're likely coming from... One of those righteous and old-fashioned types who likely didn't even hear your first curse word until late adolescence and never took to it since it's not the most appealing thing... and I'd agree.. for the most part cursing doesn't do anything but make you feel angrier than when you started. XD But sometimes a curse just does so well to match your feelings as you express them, especially when your on a roll. lol
Eastseminole

Orlando, FL

#13 Nov 2, 2012
LOL
Righteous and old-fashioned types-

LOL
When, then, I guess it is ok for me to call you an "insensative and crude type" because you think it is ok to be crude as long as you are just "expressing yourself"

Well- us old fogies just look at crude language as a manisfestation of the lack of civility and dumbing down of society that is occurring today.

If you do not see anything particularly distressing about it, then I have made my point

And, PS, the comment about people not building their own business was straight forward, and reflected exactly how he thinks. He believes things "just appear" or are begun by government.

I pity this poor country if the clown is reelected
Jerseyboy for life

Goshen, IN

#14 Nov 2, 2012
Haruko57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really not compaining,I'm just saying Ocommiebama has a more direct profound grip of gutter talk ,that he resorted to that pronoun,when a man of his distain,could have resorted to the "M'FER"more plausible language he is accustom toooooooo,when attacking his enemies on the right.I guess you can say that I'm disappointed in him.....I'm sure after those debates with Mitt,Ocommiebama had to be wisked off to a sound room to let it goooooooooo!.Byond the ear's and eye's of "F O X N E W S" or any other whistle blowers that might hear him let loose.........And be the real Obama......

Glassboro, NJ

#15 Nov 3, 2012
Eastseminole wrote:
LOL
Righteous and old-fashioned types-
LOL
When, then, I guess it is ok for me to call you an "insensative and crude type" because you think it is ok to be crude as long as you are just "expressing yourself"
Well- us old fogies just look at crude language as a manisfestation of the lack of civility and dumbing down of society that is occurring today.
If you do not see anything particularly distressing about it, then I have made my point
And, PS, the comment about people not building their own business was straight forward, and reflected exactly how he thinks. He believes things "just appear" or are begun by government.
I pity this poor country if the clown is reelected
Don't get me wrong. I like Old-fashioned types. Aside form the fact that I use the one curse word occasionally, I personally take a similar approach... not really my thing. And it is better not to curse... but to be bothered by a single word in these times is just childish to me.

Glassboro, NJ

#16 Nov 3, 2012
Lol then again, I'm very childish myself lol so look who's the pot calling the kettle black now. XD
Eastseminole

Orlando, FL

#17 Nov 5, 2012
Haruko57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong. I like Old-fashioned types. Aside form the fact that I use the one curse word occasionally, I personally take a similar approach... not really my thing. And it is better not to curse... but to be bothered by a single word in these times is just childish to me.
Sometimes single words are the mirror of the soul
Eastseminole

Orlando, FL

#18 Nov 5, 2012
Haruko57 wrote:
Lol then again, I'm very childish myself lol so look who's the pot calling the kettle black now. XD
Crudeness is crudeness- it is even sorrier when used by the President

Glassboro, NJ

#19 Nov 5, 2012
Eastseminole wrote:
<quoted text>
Crudeness is crudeness- it is even sorrier when used by the President
Hmm... I don't remember ever arguing against that notion... but it's also very pathetic, in my opinion, to get all up in such a huff over a single crude word during an interview with a rather crude magazine.

Glassboro, NJ

#20 Nov 5, 2012
Eastseminole wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes single words are the mirror of the soul
VERY rarely are people that honest with their words, or even that perceptive of their own feelings to have a single word have such power... but I suppose that is possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moorestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paterson bust finds pot, cocaine, cash in apart... Jul 22 Johnny rivera 1
News Camden family to be featured on 'Extreme Makeov... (Aug '07) Jul 15 Klarisa 115
looking for kathleen york (Apr '09) Jul 11 Anonymous 3
News Maulaine Noel-Jeune, 37, Roselle (Jul '07) Jun '17 Christine 10
News Police seek help in search for missing Mount La... (Jan '15) Jun '17 FireyFellow44 8
Steve Keeley (Fox 29 News) Needs To Stop Tanning! (Jun '11) Jun '17 John Jons 32
News 5 reasons a move to save former MLK home in Cam... (Sep '16) Apr '17 Al from Gaetanos 5

Moorestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moorestown Mortgages