jehovah

Pottstown, PA

#1 Sep 28, 2007
After reading some of the stories in the news, many say that since all of the illegals have run away that the town is all but dead! They claim the store's are empty, the economy is shot in the town! The down town is a ghost town, where as before when the illegals were there it was the place to be! My question is really simple- what is the local government doing to revive this dying town? The river rail was supposed to bring this and bring that! The only change I saw as a result of the river rail is a bar with a new building-yee ha! Where are all of those developers? The Watchcase, the hospital, the metals factory, the taubel mills,century mills,etc. It has been almost four/five years now that they were promising this and that! Nothing ever changes there, its sad to see a town turn into blight like some neighborhoods in philly! My parents used to talk about the old days and shopping, going to the movies and going down scott st. in riverside. Hopefully they can get something positive going over there, I been riding through there for years(to NY) and the place is just stuck in time. Good Luck to the BOOST drinkers!!!
born-raised in riverside

Athens, TN

#2 Oct 19, 2009
Well I have to say Riverside once was a nice place to live I was born & raised there.All growing up it was a calm relaxing place. I remember when you could go out and not have to lock your doors or anything.But through the years it got bad!When I moved out of riverside in 2004 you couldn`t go into your backyard without locking your doors.Not long before leaving riverside there was a beating take place on my inclosed porch three teenagers against one!They almost killed him.But it was never heard about because the ones doing the beating were kids of a person on the township board!
I thank GOD I got out of there when I did!
Thats one place I will NEVER LIVE AGAIN!
mccbill

Ogden, UT

#3 Oct 19, 2009
Glad to see you go. Its amazing how ones memory changes to justify your own actions. You can still leave doors unlocked. There are no guarantees in life only that you will die and there will always be bigoted people.

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Albion, NY

#4 Oct 19, 2009
mccbill wrote:
Glad to see you go. Its amazing how ones memory changes to justify your own actions. You can still leave doors unlocked. There are no guarantees in life only that you will die and there will always be bigoted people.
You sound like a liberal that want to throw out the race card (bigoted people}every time you can.I went to Riverside High School in the 60's and never had the problems that the town has now.So can you tell me what happened to Riverside?I'm sure you will blame them on everyone else.It could'nt be the influx of illeagles sucking the system dry----- could it? The crime rate has gong thru the roof---the taxes has done the same,but I quess it is the legal people of the town's fault.Our whole country is going to the dogs because of the freaking liberals like you----THANKS
mccbill

Ogden, UT

#5 Oct 21, 2009
First BIGOTRY does NOT necessarily have to do with RACE. The problems in Riverside are the same as the problems all over the country, and YES illegal immigrants may very well be the BIGGEST of the causes. I am NOT a LIBERAL. But you would jump to that conclusion since you jumped to the race card. "born-raised in riverside" is bigoted in relation to his feelings aboout the town of Riverside. And judging by your post the school system in town has improved greatly. If my children wrote/spoke like you I would pull them from Riverside schools and send them to Holy Cross. Everyone makes typos, and an occassional grammatical/spelling error, but your post is shameful.
Hawk22

Milmay, NJ

#6 Oct 22, 2009
Geez people,chill out!! I've been living in Riverside for 7 years now and it's not that bad..You make it sound like Camden or somewhere like that..teenagers are in every town,the kids and this town is no different than any other..
ckm

Honolulu, HI

#7 Mar 28, 2010
I was born and raised in Riverside during the 60's and 70's, two great era's. Things are just different everywhere, kids are different. I've lived in Hawaii since 1985 now, paradise right, well the scenery is beautiful but people are the same everywhere. I just had a murder in the neighborhood where I live. Meth is ruining the country. Its the way kids are raised now, no respect anymore. I was just home in Riverside in Nov. 2009, yea its changed, but its not that bad come on, the pizza is still great and I enjoyed a few glasses of boost. Me personnally, (ex-vet)used to be a right winger, then moved to the left, but now I'm kinda in the middle (independant) Pretty much all politicians are killing this country, don't matter where you live. So enjoy life and teach your children right

maddog2008

Albion, NY

#8 Mar 29, 2010
ckm wrote:
I was born and raised in Riverside during the 60's and 70's, two great era's. Things are just different everywhere, kids are different. I've lived in Hawaii since 1985 now, paradise right, well the scenery is beautiful but people are the same everywhere. I just had a murder in the neighborhood where I live. Meth is ruining the country. Its the way kids are raised now, no respect anymore. I was just home in Riverside in Nov. 2009, yea its changed, but its not that bad come on, the pizza is still great and I enjoyed a few glasses of boost. Me personnally,(ex-vet)used to be a right winger, then moved to the left, but now I'm kinda in the middle (independant) Pretty much all politicians are killing this country, don't matter where you live. So enjoy life and teach your children right
I agree with you 100% about the politicians and parents that don't care.BUT,I was back in Riverside last year and it did change alot since I went to RHS in the late 60's.I have friends that still live there and they complain that the crime rate is way up not to mention the cost of the entitlement programs and the courts.You are right about Boost,I always take a few gallons home to Rochester.Take care and stay safe.

maddog2008

Albion, NY

#9 Mar 29, 2010
mccbill wrote:
First BIGOTRY does NOT necessarily have to do with RACE. The problems in Riverside are the same as the problems all over the country, and YES illegal immigrants may very well be the BIGGEST of the causes. I am NOT a LIBERAL. But you would jump to that conclusion since you jumped to the race card. "born-raised in riverside" is bigoted in relation to his feelings aboout the town of Riverside. And judging by your post the school system in town has improved greatly. If my children wrote/spoke like you I would pull them from Riverside schools and send them to Holy Cross. Everyone makes typos, and an occassional grammatical/spelling error, but your post is shameful.
And you sir made quite of few errors in your last post,did you go to RHS or Holy Cross? Just asking.BTY: I can't say anything bad about RHS,I have 2 (yes 2)masters,started my own company,sold it and retired @ 50.Never said I could spell,that is why I had people like you on my payroll.
Jerseyboy for life

Goshen, IN

#11 Sep 30, 2012
I went to RHS back in the sixties,the town has changed alot,since those days.There was alot more of a down town,scots clothing store,steckers,ricks army and navy store,the palace,pool room,keystone diner,the watch tower was working still.I was there about four years ago and there's not much of anything to do or even go into town for as I saw it.It looks like most towns across America since the Liberals took over back in the sixties with their peace pot and micro dot mentality.And now these hippies run our Government and are destroying our "NATION'.They have destroyed our Country and I think they have choosen this Guy Ocommiebama to finish us.Thats why he must be stopped come November ,and reverse all of his policies that will bury us forever in an unsustainable debt and our enemies will finish us...We want our towns to rebound not crumble like Ocommiebama and the damnedocrats want,its not American to surrender to tyranny...Riverside is dying because we have let her die!,like we are letting America die..........It's your home got a better place to go?.........Get out and Vote this un-American imposture out of office come "NOVEMBER"While we still can!!!!!!.
Freddys Brother

North Greece, NY

#12 Oct 1, 2012
Riverside use to be white trash now it's a bunch of illegals and more white trash and Boost taste the Rancocas creek.
Pop

United States

#13 Jun 30, 2013
Riverside went from illegals to now black
People. Too many black ghetto black
People and this town is going down the crapper. U think crime was up then...u have not seen anything yet. Once they start moving in property will decrease section 8 will go full force and this will be the crappiest place to live. Bring back immigrants cut the light rail and force the darkness out!!
Blind Pig Gin Mill

Sandpoint, ID

#14 Jul 10, 2013
Does Dinko still come down twice a day to the front of Steckers to sell sacks to the junkies? Anthony DeFranco you still running the Pony Mobbers? Levittown dudes uses to love them Riverside girls. Are they still getting rowdy at the roller rink on Sudays when Levittown came to town....
Jerseyboy For Life

Goshen, IN

#15 Jul 27, 2013
Where is all that "HOPE AND CHANGE"this goof in the White House promised?Has anybody seen it?,here boy here boy,we're still waiting for it after five years of his B/S empty promises.He has put more people on welfare,and food stamps then any other President...And he has spent more of OUR tax money and raised the National Debt more then any other President.And npthing show for it either but mor pain at the pump,and the grocery store and everything else,,,It's time for a real change,vote mid term REPUBLICAN and stop the COMMUNISM.....And get all of our cities moving again,before we all look like DETROIT,the largest SLUM in America

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moorestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fbi Cover Up / Mt. Laurel, N.J. Police Witheld ... (Aug '08) Thu Fly on the wall 17
normandy drive flasher Sep 12 wildcat 3
The old Mill Road Inn (Nov '08) Sep 12 wildcat 14
News 5 reasons a move to save former MLK home in Cam... Sep 8 Bonnie 3
Anyone remember House on the Hill? (Sep '11) Sep 1 Dave 14
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Aug '16 latashac 324
Mouse Control (Oct '13) Jul '16 MaureenMassey 4

Moorestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moorestown Mortgages