Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Mooresboro Forum

Comments (Page 2,190)

Showing posts 43,781 - 43,800 of54,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not talking about "undocumented illegal aliens." You misunderstood. I am talking about American citizens "undocumented" because their death goes unnoticed and is uneventful. They are the people that because of their insignificance are in the "throwaway group". Being "undocumented" means that there are no significant way of following how many. This is not pie in the sky. Just straight common sense. 44 million people without health insurance. You know that some of them and thier children have suffered and died from lack of coverage.
No, I didn't misunderstand. "Undocumented" is a term used for people in our country illegally. You should have made your statement more clear about impoverished "throwaway groups" whose deaths you consider insignificant.

You still give no hard facts other than your own about 44 million people being without health insurance and this leading to their deaths. Steve Jobs died not too long ago and I bet he had the best health care money could buy. Having health insurance does not promise a long, disease free life.

In the U.S. there is enough Medicaid to insure children and the parents with children 18 and under residing in a home together have health insurance. If parents don't sign up for this service, there's not a thing in the world you and I can do about it. As far as the death of anyone other than homicide, who doesn't report the death of a relative, friend, neighbor, etc to law enforcement, the ME or someone? Reporting a death is a matter of common sense. You act as though they put them in a pine box in the backyard.

If you're trying to make the case about people that have no health insurance or fall through the cracks because they make too much to be in one program and can't pay the premiums for another, then just say so. This is a sad/no win situation for these people and again, there's nothing you or I can do about it. Obamacare is still too expensive for some of these people and they're still in a no win situation. For the sake of knowing about Obamacare or the Affordable Healthcare Act, go on line and register and put in a low salary, and see what comes back for choices to pick from and then tell me if anyone other than Steve Jobs or Bill Gates can pay the deductibles on even the less than desirable plans. I did it to see what all the fuss was about. My husband and I were shocked that they expect people of a meager income to pay the deductibles they had posted.

Best case scenario I could see is for people to find their own insurance independently and forget having the government help pay. Remember, you get what you pay for.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

I have been astounded in a few cases to discover that getting medical treatment without insurance is actually less expensive than the copay using my insurance. This was before Obamacare was even enacted. What that tells me is that the hospitals are overcharging when one has insurance.
I favor the single payer plan over the Obamacare plan. I see no other way to bring the price gouging by doctors and hospitals under control.
Cyber Ghost

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Bipartisan Budget Breakthrough.....to prevent govt.shutdown....to reduce spending over ten years, without raising taxes...how'd that happen?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

TSF your much-maligned Congress just arrived at a budget deal (bipartisan!) to end any possibility of a govt.shutdown, at least according to another poster here, and they are just announcing it on CNN. WHO spiked the kool-ade?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

That one was for you State.Just to let you know, we're all in this together! Spot it?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

I could use some Kool-Aid myself, preferably spiked.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Volunteer fire depts.(they work for free) that have more than fifty fire fighters, will be required to pay for health care.This means many small communities will simply no longer have fire depts.Thanks Obamacare!
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

The senate and house still have to vote on that deal. Hopefully it will pass. It was supposed to have been done years ago. The republican house has voted 39 times to end Obamacare and we still have it. Now after years, they finally get down to their most basic function, passing a budget. Notice that with all the cuts, there have been NO cuts to federal employees . Coincidentally, congressmen are considered federal employees.
waco1909 wrote:
TSF your much-maligned Congress just arrived at a budget deal (bipartisan!) to end any possibility of a govt.shutdown, at least according to another poster here, and they are just announcing it on CNN. WHO spiked the kool-ade?
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Expel volunteers until they are down to 49. Fire dept. saved. Community is safe. Menace of Obamacare avoided. Start campaign to get congress to change or amend the law. Problem solved.
waco1909 wrote:
Volunteer fire depts.(they work for free) that have more than fifty fire fighters, will be required to pay for health care.This means many small communities will simply no longer have fire depts.Thanks Obamacare!
Taxpayer

Hertford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

TSF wrote:
That's real strange since Obamacare doesn't even take effect until Jan 1 2014. Do you make this shit up or just hear something and repeat it? I know you could think better than this when you were young. You should see a doctor and have your blood oxygen content checked.
<quoted text>
The truth hurts, doesn't it? You put a loser in the White House. Now the country is paying for it.
Taxpayer

Hertford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

TSF wrote:
I do not think we should provide insurance coverage for illegals at all. I do not think we should provide welfare to the rich either. The goals of Obamacare are commendable but the planning and implementation of it stinks. With cooperation and expertise in our congress, it could have been a smooth transition without all the collateral damage. Republikans want an underclass of persons who cannot have medical attention, therefore all the obstruction and refusal to offer alternate plans or even improvements. Their only goal has been the destruction of Obamacare and they have come close to that achievement. That is why our present congress has achieved nothing. It is the worst congress in the history of the USA in terms of achievement and in terms of petty vindictiveness. I blame republikans as much for our insurance problems as I blame Obamacare.
<quoted text>
I blame communist minded people like you for dragging this country into the dirt. People who hate freedom. Freeloaders looking to ride on the backs of working Americans.
Taxpayer

Hertford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Cyber Ghost wrote:
Bipartisan Budget Breakthrough.....to prevent govt.shutdown....to reduce spending over ten years, without raising taxes...how'd that happen?
How easy is it to fool people. Blanket and beads and they can steal the food off your families plate and people will thank them for it.
They have not come to any breakthrough only away to con ignorant people.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

"Michelle Obama, Barack Switch Seats After Mandela Funeral 'Selfie'" "Obama creates international incident with 'selfie' at Mandela service" " RedState.com 's Erick Erickson tweeted: "Thank you Mrs. Obama for knowing how to behave at a funeral." "The first lady's reaction -- not just to the "selfie" but to her husband's chatting and joking with the young Danish prime minister -- was priceless. In one picture, Michelle Obama could be seen glaring over at him while he put his hand on Ms. Thorning-Schmidt's shoulder.

In another, it appeared the first lady and the president switched seats, putting Michelle squarely between him and the PM." "The "selfie" incident was the second unexpected controversy stirred up by the president in South Africa. Earlier, Cuban-American lawmakers publicly objected after Obama -- on his way to deliver his tribute to Mandela -- shook the hand of Raul Castro." What an outstanding diplomat. Image is everything these days right?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/mandela-me... Not as "peaceful" as western media presented.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

The truth? You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the posterior.
You are caught flat footed spreading lies and want to talk about the truth? Give me a break.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth hurts, doesn't it? You put a loser in the White House. Now the country is paying for it.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Commies could not possibly have the horrible detrimental effect that republican stupidity has brought.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame communist minded people like you for dragging this country into the dirt. People who hate freedom. Freeloaders looking to ride on the backs of working Americans.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Art Pope sent Dan Souchek to propaganda school training in preparation for sending him out to try to mitigate the damage republikans have done to their image in NC with their attack on pubic education. It isn't working. Last night in Deep Gap, Mr. Soucek got roasted Soucek gave the crowd even more reason to be angry by breaking the open meeting law by banning pictures and video recordings. Soucek, the one breaking the law, had people ejected from the meeting by Watauga deputies because they refused to accept his line of BS . People have every right to be angry . Slash and burning our children's education in order to give tax breaks to the rich is not a plan for future prosperity. There is just no way to put a good face on that despicable act.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Expel volunteers until they are down to 49. Fire dept. saved. Community is safe. Menace of Obamacare avoided. Start campaign to get congress to change or amend the law. Problem solved.
<quoted text>
So,, if they have a dept of 88, drop it to 49! The day is saved!(unless there's a fire!).
Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

TSF wrote:
Art Pope sent Dan Souchek to propaganda school training in preparation for sending him out to try to mitigate the damage republikans have done to their image in NC with their attack on pubic education. It isn't working. Last night in Deep Gap, Mr. Soucek got roasted Soucek gave the crowd even more reason to be angry by breaking the open meeting law by banning pictures and video recordings. Soucek, the one breaking the law, had people ejected from the meeting by Watauga deputies because they refused to accept his line of BS . People have every right to be angry . Slash and burning our children's education in order to give tax breaks to the rich is not a plan for future prosperity. There is just no way to put a good face on that despicable act.
What happened to Obamacare?? Everybody just kinda swept it outta sight. Figures.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Break it into two depts.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> So,, if they have a dept of 88, drop it to 49! The day is saved!(unless there's a fire!).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,781 - 43,800 of54,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mooresboro Discussions

Search the Mooresboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) Jul 4 amanda 8
Concert in Ellensboro (Nov '13) Mar '14 curious 2
Lee thurman Jan '14 ellenboro member 1
Debate: Marijuana - Forest City, NC (Jun '11) Jan '14 thefuq 17
Dead Beat Tenants-Liars-Steal You Blind (Jun '09) Dec '13 Misfit4Peace 65
Spindale School (Nov '13) Nov '13 FeelYour Pain 3
looking for home builder (Oct '10) Dec '12 BobEngland 2
•••
•••