Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#36880 Feb 22, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>We forced them here? Another outlandish claim! Where is your evidence?
So the slaves came voluntarily?
I am pretty sure this is a black and white case, if there ever was one. The slaves were forced here.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#36881 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Bacon you a betting person? I got five bucks, says"Allen"won't sign in.Because, Allen is actually the person responsible for these vile posts.If Allen signed in, Allen could receive Topix email from other signed in posters.That's the last thing Allen wants.Also, if a person is signed in and posts obscene material, they are banned from Topix.Can't be responsible for posts like that, you know.Five bucks, You on?
Well you just lost a bet. And no you (RFP), I am not the one responsible for those vile post. Remember when I said that I was not computer savvy? Well okay then. I did register with topix. I actually welcome posts from other signed in posters, I can block them if I choose, but on my profile settings when I try to make my recent posts private it does not allow it. Why? And yes I have read all the blah, blah crap. Lol.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36882 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
And yet, "political discussion" plays a major part in everyone's lives, at work and play. So why discuss it? Sugar Hollow Club at Sugar Mt. Ski resort at one time paid me a "salary" to "slop beer".
Ok as nothing is black and white.
Is slopping beer all you did there? Were you a manager also?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36883 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Really? Thought he was talking about his wife and kids.You see things that aren't there.
Silver was all over the place on that post. He was claiming the rich are victims by us mean liberals.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36884 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Ok as nothing is black and white.
Is slopping beer all you did there? Were you a manager also?
Yep, didn't even have to change kegs, 400.00 a week plus tips. No running food, cleaning tables, reservations, nada. Bartend wipe the bar and restock, go home. Oh the life of "resort" work. Got to ski free as well. That was a great winter.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#36885 Feb 22, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you just lost a bet. And no you (RFP), I am not the one responsible for those vile post. Remember when I said that I was not computer savvy? Well okay then. I did register with topix. I actually welcome posts from other signed in posters, I can block them if I choose, but on my profile settings when I try to make my recent posts private it does not allow it. Why? And yes I have read all the blah, blah crap. Lol.
Let me be the first to say, I didn't know a THING about computers, so allow me to say congratulations on joining the Topix community! Just one more thing-as Bruce Willis said to Ving Rhames in"Pulp Fiction",are we cool?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36886 Feb 22, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, you're not signed in properly because you would have like the green box thing, unless you're logged in another name and avatar. Sorry, it might take a day or two for them to get you signed it. I wasn't computer savvy and neither was AZ when we both tried to sign in, but we finally figured it out together. On the private posts it should say enable or disable, if you don't want anyone to read your information just hit the disable.

Location hidden

#36887 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So the slaves came voluntarily?
I am pretty sure this is a black and white case, if there ever was one. The slaves were forced here.
Into Africa: The Epic Adventures of Stanley and Livingstone, some insight on tribes selling to the slave trade as far back as the seventh century. Lots of research went into it.

Location hidden

#36888 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, didn't even have to change kegs, 400.00 a week plus tips. No running food, cleaning tables, reservations, nada. Bartend wipe the bar and restock, go home. Oh the life of "resort" work. Got to ski free as well. That was a great winter.
Sounds pretty good to me for seasonal work and the free skiing to boot.:) Bet the tips were good since you were working a resort!! We're still packing Lu and I have a ski bib I found and I just laughed out loud. I thought how far removed I'd be from snow skiiing. Don't think you'll need yours' either...

“Vote”

Houston

#36889 Feb 22, 2013
My Topix email is enabled.Took awhile for me to get signed in.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36890 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, didn't even have to change kegs, 400.00 a week plus tips. No running food, cleaning tables, reservations, nada. Bartend wipe the bar and restock, go home. Oh the life of "resort" work. Got to ski free as well. That was a great winter.
I think you may have stumbled upon the greatest bartending gig ever.

“Vote”

Houston

#36891 Feb 22, 2013
Emlu my Topix email had not been working, probably because of my little"accident".I think it's up now baby.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36892 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Into Africa: The Epic Adventures of Stanley and Livingstone, some insight on tribes selling to the slave trade as far back as the seventh century. Lots of research went into it.
If a tribe is selling off slaves, does that mean the slaves chose to come here? No.
I am fully aware of how the slave trade worked. No one who made the people, slaves were innocent. And no matter how many were involved, it does not make any of them moral for doing what they did. Two wrongs do not make right.
I keep hearing this argument from your side as if it changes anything. It is an irrelevant claim. Unless you wish to tell us how it is relevant?

Robbins, NC

#36893 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, you're not signed in properly because you would have like the green box thing, unless you're logged in another name and avatar. Sorry, it might take a day or two for them to get you signed it. I wasn't computer savvy and neither was AZ when we both tried to sign in, but we finally figured it out together. On the private posts it should say enable or disable, if you don't want anyone to read your information just hit the disable.
Okay, Bacon here goes this is my register. It would not allow me to use just Allen because it said that user name was taken. While in my profile settings I have clicked on disable and make private and it does not. If you look at my profile you will see that I made a test post.

“Vote”

Houston

#36894 Feb 22, 2013
Allen Mike will help you with your signing in.

Location hidden

#36895 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Bacon here goes this is my register. It would not allow me to use just Allen because it said that user name was taken. While in my profile settings I have clicked on disable and make private and it does not. If you look at my profile you will see that I made a test post.
Ok Allen, look at the top of where your posts are showing and hit disable from public view. It says you've made 6 posts but only 2 are showing, so maybe now you have disabled your posts for public view.

“Vote”

Houston

#36896 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text> If a tribe is selling off slaves, does that mean the slaves chose to come here? No.
I am fully aware of how the slave trade worked. No one who made the people, slaves were innocent. And no matter how many were involved, it does not make any of them moral for doing what they did. Two wrongs do not make right.
I keep hearing this argument from your side as if it changes anything. It is an irrelevant claim. Unless you wish to tell us how it is relevant?
How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?

Location hidden

#36897 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think you may have stumbled upon the greatest bartending gig ever.
Only lasted for the winter.

“Vote”

Houston

#36898 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?
Wasn't supposed to be a question mark there.

Robbins, NC

#36899 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Allen, look at the top of where your posts are showing and hit disable from public view. It says you've made 6 posts but only 2 are showing, so maybe now you have disabled your posts for public view.
No I have only made the 2. Not sure why it says 6, nevertheless Waco owes you. Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) May '16 R Hester 14
Flea market or Farmers market Apr '16 SunStarGirl 2
Jinxypie Mar '16 homeboy 1
Did Anyone Get Kilt in Your Tornado (Jan '12) Dec '15 Redneck 2
Wilbert Plastics (Mar '15) Nov '15 Reen 9
Tri Cities Mall (Jun '15) Nov '15 caruthers 3
News Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Oct '15 Lisa Romero 26

Mooresboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance