|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think Jesus had it wrong Michael.I think, the problem lies within myself.If I were less a prisoner of my own anger, i'm sure my life would be greatly improved.I can aspire to be as Jesus was, but that is forever beyond me, my road lies in the attempt, the effort, to be a better person..
There may be a time and situation to turn the other cheek, but it is not good to do in all situations.
To claim this is how one should act in all situations is reckless.
I know of no Christians who devoutly practice this, yet it is one of Jesus' most famous lines.
Christians often tell us about how homosexuality is an abomination, yet Jesus never said this, nor did he ever say anything about homosexuality as far as we know by the bible.

Maybe you should turn the other cheek more often, as it does seem you are not good at ever doing it. It is as if you completely ignore the advice of your god.
It amazes me how those who claim to believe in this god refuse to comply with his wishes.

I am for moderation.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>There may be a time and situation to turn the other cheek, but it is not good to do in all situations.
To claim this is how one should act in all situations is reckless.
I know of no Christians who devoutly practice this, yet it is one of Jesus' most famous lines.
Christians often tell us about how homosexuality is an abomination, yet Jesus never said this, nor did he ever say anything about homosexuality as far as we know by the bible.
Maybe you should turn the other cheek more often, as it does seem you are not good at ever doing it. It is as if you completely ignore the advice of your god.
It amazes me how those who claim to believe in this god refuse to comply with his wishes.
I am for moderation.
Your observation is correct Mike, I should turn the other cheek more often, it does seem that I am not good,"at ever doing that", but, be that as it may, I will continue, to attempt that thing, but as they say, we all have our cross to bear, anger is mine.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike, First, your basic premise may be flawed.if a Christian person votes against gay marriage, does it follow that that person"hates"gays? Oddly enough, I know a person, who hates gays...but that person....is gay....self hatred is the purest form of hate?....there are a lot of Christians who don't identify themselves as the"religious right", or even, as republicans.I know several Christians who will vote"FOR"gay marriage...but, and I'm only guessing here, I'd say that genuine members of the"religious right"believe that gay marriage, is wrong according to their religious beliefs.Its dangerous to attempt to categorize people, however.Have I answered your question?
Well, I did not say all who vote against gay marriage is a hater of homosexuals, but I am sure many of them are.
I do not dispute most of your claims here, but it does seem pretty clear, the religious right is against gay marriage and they put themselves in that catigory.
Sadly, even many on the religious left also vote against gay marriage due to their religious beliefs.

The clear trend is, the religious often vote against gay marriage due to their Christian religious beliefs.

This is a clear cause and effect situtation, so why keep acting as if they are not related?

You are for gay marriage, correct? If so, then why do you think so many of your religion think you are on the wrong side of this issue in a religious sense or otherwise?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

So the Pope is resigning. I wonder why? Do I believe it is for the reason he claims? No. I have little trust in the words of this person.

And really, if he is the true prophet of a god, does it make sense the god does not help his health? There has not been a Pope to resign in about a thousand years.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your observation is correct Mike, I should turn the other cheek more often, it does seem that I am not good,"at ever doing that", but, be that as it may, I will continue, to attempt that thing, but as they say, we all have our cross to bear, anger is mine.
Glad to hear you will make an attempt to follow the words of your god for a change.
I only say this to illustrate the point that it is as if those who believe, really do not believe that much, or so it appears.
Now if you could only address all those points I made?
Arjay

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

600 years cumquat,

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I did not say all who vote against gay marriage is a hater of homosexuals, but I am sure many of them are.
I do not dispute most of your claims here, but it does seem pretty clear, the religious right is against gay marriage and they put themselves in that catigory.
Sadly, even many on the religious left also vote against gay marriage due to their religious beliefs.
The clear trend is, the religious often vote against gay marriage due to their Christian religious beliefs.
This is a clear cause and effect situtation, so why keep acting as if they are not related?
You are for gay marriage, correct? If so, then why do you think so many of your religion think you are on the wrong side of this issue in a religious sense or otherwise?
My religion?....I'm the only one...with MY RELIGION...do you understand?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike, First, your basic premise may be flawed.if a Christian person votes against gay marriage, does it follow that that person"hates"gays? Oddly enough, I know a person, who hates gays...but that person....is gay....self hatred is the purest form of hate?....there are a lot of Christians who don't identify themselves as the"religious right", or even, as republicans.I know several Christians who will vote"FOR"gay marriage...but, and I'm only guessing here, I'd say that genuine members of the"religious right"believe that gay marriage, is wrong according to their religious beliefs.Its dangerous to attempt to categorize people, however.Have I answered your question?
The fact that many Christian homosexuals hate themselves for being homosexual is a big problem.
Their religion has convinced them that they are evil. This is absolutely insane. Further evidence the bible is not of gods or no god may even exist.

Often these people try to marry with the opposing sex and this usually leads to a seriously dysfunctional family situation.
Often the spouse feels they should not divorce them due to the commands of the bible, so they live in this dysfunctional situation and live their lives unhappy as a result through no fault of their own.

Many homosexual kids who are told they are evil for being so often commit suicide. This is a serious problem I feel I should not turn the other cheek towards. I am not a homosexual, but I have empathy towards their situation and hope to help fix the situation. One way I feel I can do this is to point out the god they look to is a myth, thus not to be taken as absolute truth, thus they are not evil.

Now can you understand why I oppose religion?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that many Christian homosexuals hate themselves for being homosexual is a big problem.
Their religion has convinced them that they are evil. This is absolutely insane. Further evidence the bible is not of gods or no god may even exist.
Often these people try to marry with the opposing sex and this usually leads to a seriously dysfunctional family situation.
Often the spouse feels they should not divorce them due to the commands of the bible, so they live in this dysfunctional situation and live their lives unhappy as a result through no fault of their own.
Many homosexual kids who are told they are evil for being so often commit suicide. This is a serious problem I feel I should not turn the other cheek towards. I am not a homosexual, but I have empathy towards their situation and hope to help fix the situation. One way I feel I can do this is to point out the god they look to is a myth, thus not to be taken as absolute truth, thus they are not evil.
Now can you understand why I oppose religion?
Your opposition, should be to"organized"religio n.Where religion is a"business".I haven't gone into a church in thirteen years.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
So the Pope is resigning. I wonder why? Do I believe it is for the reason he claims? No. I have little trust in the words of this person.
And really, if he is the true prophet of a god, does it make sense the god does not help his health? There has not been a Pope to resign in about a thousand years.
I'm not a Catholic.I don't think a guy in a funny should be worshiped.Can't recall where it said in the Bible that the only way to the FATHER is through the guy in a funny hat.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Can't speak for the"religious right"Mike, Better ask them..
Hahaha

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like you need counseling

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I don't"support"gay marriage folks.I just don't oppose it.
Hahaha

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I don't support it either
Hahaha

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
I don't"support"gay marriage folks.I just don't oppose it.
You need counseling for your anger or you can step into my office

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Obama at?
Maybe he was in Hollywood playing grab ass with Beyonce......again!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>"On the fast track to"? Oh the paranoia of the right wingers. Go build a bunker.
Not paranoia, it's reality! We're "on the fast track" to follow Greece down the same road to bankruptcy and your answer is to spend more money!
Don't ask to use my bunker when the govt collapses and that gunman returns to collect twenty more dollars!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>"When shit hits the fan?" Go hide in your bunker with Taxpayer. You guys are so damned paranoid it would be laughable if it were not so sad.
The laughable part is shit is already hitting the fan and you're to stupid to realize it and to make matters more laughable, it's your party that's tossing the shit and you're going right along with them.
The Commucrats are an elitist party and I'm sure you don't classify as an elite so when things do collapse, we'll see just how equal your party believes "you" are. Again, don't ask to share my bunker, the answer is no! Maybe the Commucrats will provide you with a community bunker.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Vigen Guroian will be speaking at Lenoir Rhyne if anyone would like to learn more about religion or maybe debate a topic.
http://orthodoxwiki.org/Vigen_Guroian

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your opposition, should be to"organized"religio n.Where religion is a"business".I haven't gone into a church in thirteen years.
You refer to the bible as if you believe it to be true. I consider the bible as religion.
The Christians who vote against gay marriage may not go to any church, yet they believe due to what the bible says, they must vote against gay marriage.
The bible was organized by religion. Thus it is organized religion.
The organized religion you are speaking of is not making up the fight against homosexuality out of thin air. It comes from the bible.

I think if your Jesus could have known the future, he would have addressed homosexuality. Now we cannot know if the organized religion that put the letters together that is now known as the bible omitted and destroyed anything that might have refered to gay marriage by Jesus or not. But that is organized religion for you. Just have blind faith in that organization.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mooresboro Discussions

Search the Mooresboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) Thu Barbara 9
Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Jul 26 Anonymous 17
Concert in Ellensboro (Nov '13) Mar '14 curious 2
Lee thurman (Jan '14) Jan '14 ellenboro member 1
Debate: Marijuana - Forest City, NC (Jun '11) Jan '14 thefuq 17
Dead Beat Tenants-Liars-Steal You Blind (Jun '09) Dec '13 Misfit4Peace 65
Spindale School (Nov '13) Nov '13 FeelYour Pain 3
•••
•••