Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31584 Jan 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Learned that from hurricane Floyd and our old beach house in Emerald Isle.
Emerald Isle is a lovely place. Couple months ago while at the beach my dad wanted me to take him for a "ride" and we went there and I was shocked at how much it grown since the last time I was there. Oh goodness hurricane Floyd did make a mess and pretty far inland too.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31585 Jan 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wouldn't if they lived close to the New York Harbor or near the "boardwalk" in New Jersey on the beach. Both are port cities, New York being the largest. I think it would go without saying that if you're close enough to get a storm surge of 14 feet, you need flood coverage or if you have a Port Authority that's close to your business or home, might be wise to purchase flood insurance.
Because nothing like this has ever happened to this area, and no one dreamed that it ever would, so the people there saw no real need for flood insurance, I suppose. No one had the extra money for flood insurance. If we could look into the future to January 2, 2014 and see that our home was still intact, would we buy homeowners insurance? Nobody expects disaster to come their way. That is human nature.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31586 Jan 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to get flood insurance from the government because most private carriers will not insure that in flood prone areas like along the Mississippi River and most coastal areas.
But this is New York City, which I would say was a pretty safe risk for the insurance companies. When was the last time New York City was hit with a flood of this proportion? I am sure flood insurance is offered there, but no one foresaw the need to purchase. No one sees into the future.
Waco 1909

Humble, TX

#31587 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
But this is New York City, which I would say was a pretty safe risk for the insurance companies. When was the last time New York City was hit with a flood of this proportion? I am sure flood insurance is offered there, but no one foresaw the need to purchase. No one sees into the future.
Well, it should gave been cheap, since it floods so"seldom"there....w here i'm at, you can't get a home financed without flood insurance....

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31588 Jan 2, 2013
Alabama.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31589 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that?
Just a few examples where they are eerily similar...

Hitler enforced strict gun control, which made their agenda possible and highlights the necessity of an armed populace.
Obama is for strict gun control...

Hitler praised public education,“ A fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program” controlled by Berlin. Similar to liberals’ cradle to career ideal, Hitler established state administered early childhood development programs; “The comprehension of the concept of the State must be striven for by the school as early as the beginning of understanding."
Obama is for the same beliefs including early childhood development programs...

Hitler idealized public service and smothered private charity with public programs.
Obama is all for public/govt programs while smothering private buisnesses....

Hitler’s election platform included “an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.” Nazi propaganda proclaimed,“No one shall go hungry! No one shall be cold!” Germany had universal healthcare and demanded that “the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood.”
Obama would relish such a “jobs” program while instituting National Healthcare/Obamacare....

Hitler's National Socialist economics were socialist, obviously, imposing top-down economic planning and social engineering.
Obama believes in the same "top down" approach....

And the list goes on and on....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31590 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Because nothing like this has ever happened to this area, and no one dreamed that it ever would, so the people there saw no real need for flood insurance, I suppose. No one had the extra money for flood insurance. If we could look into the future to January 2, 2014 and see that our home was still intact, would we buy homeowners insurance? Nobody expects disaster to come their way. That is human nature.
But yet in the case of Sandy Hook, you claim we must be proactive and protect against what may happen.
Are we flip-flopping?

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31591 Jan 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Just a few examples where they are eerily similar...
Hitler enforced strict gun control, which made their agenda possible and highlights the necessity of an armed populace.
Obama is for strict gun control...
Hitler praised public education,“ A fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program” controlled by Berlin. Similar to liberals’ cradle to career ideal, Hitler established state administered early childhood development programs; “The comprehension of the concept of the State must be striven for by the school as early as the beginning of understanding."
Obama is for the same beliefs including early childhood development programs...
Hitler idealized public service and smothered private charity with public programs.
Obama is all for public/govt programs while smothering private buisnesses....
Hitler’s election platform included “an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.” Nazi propaganda proclaimed,“No one shall go hungry! No one shall be cold!” Germany had universal healthcare and demanded that “the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood.”
Obama would relish such a “jobs” program while instituting National Healthcare/Obamacare....
Hitler's National Socialist economics were socialist, obviously, imposing top-down economic planning and social engineering.
Obama believes in the same "top down" approach....
And the list goes on and on....
Restriction of military clones....is"strict" gun control?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31592 Jan 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> But yet in the case of Sandy Hook, you claim we must be proactive and protect against what may happen.
Are we flip-flopping?
Did I say that New Yorkers and Jersey residents should NOT have purchased flood insurance? No. I just gave reasons why they probably did not. There is no flip-flopping.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31593 Jan 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Just a few examples where they are eerily similar...
Hitler enforced strict gun control, which made their agenda possible and highlights the necessity of an armed populace.
Obama is for strict gun control...
Hitler praised public education,“ A fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program” controlled by Berlin. Similar to liberals’ cradle to career ideal, Hitler established state administered early childhood development programs; “The comprehension of the concept of the State must be striven for by the school as early as the beginning of understanding."
Obama is for the same beliefs including early childhood development programs...
Hitler idealized public service and smothered private charity with public programs.
Obama is all for public/govt programs while smothering private buisnesses....
Hitler’s election platform included “an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.” Nazi propaganda proclaimed,“No one shall go hungry! No one shall be cold!” Germany had universal healthcare and demanded that “the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood.”
Obama would relish such a “jobs” program while instituting National Healthcare/Obamacare....
Hitler's National Socialist economics were socialist, obviously, imposing top-down economic planning and social engineering.
Obama believes in the same "top down" approach....
And the list goes on and on....
So when will "The night of the broken glass" with synogogues (Churches) and business burned be administered, and when will "The Final Solution" be implemented from Obama? No comparison that you have shown between Hitler and Obama. Where did you get this article from?

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31594 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So when will "The night of the broken glass" with synogogues (Churches) and business burned be administered, and when will "The Final Solution" be implemented from Obama? No comparison that you have shown between Hitler and Obama. Where did you get this article from?
The far right has demonized Obama to the point, that they believe their own propaganda....they now have a self-fulfilling prophecy of why they can't win any more elections...."people vote for social programs".....of course, they may be right about that....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31595 Jan 2, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The far right has demonized Obama to the point, that they believe their own propaganda....they now have a self-fulfilling prophecy of why they can't win any more elections...."people vote for social programs".....of course, they may be right about that....
I bet that Chris Christie is no longer a favorite son of The Republican party as conservatives once admired him for his "tell it like it is" persona. Funny how they all wish he would now be Chris "just shut your big mouth" Christie.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31596 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet that Chris Christie is no longer a favorite son of The Republican party as conservatives once admired him for his "tell it like it is" persona. Funny how they all wish he would now be Chris "just shut your big mouth" Christie.
Again, I've never been a fan of Christie the Moderate and again, he's just doing whatever it takes to get re-elected in a liberal state....can't say that I blame him. I do however, like his "tell it like it is" persona. I wish all politicians had his attitude instead of the norm.... sugar coating liars.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31597 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So when will "The night of the broken glass" with synogogues (Churches) and business burned be administered, and when will "The Final Solution" be implemented from Obama? No comparison that you have shown between Hitler and Obama. Where did you get this article from?
"Kristallnacht"....N ovember 9-10.....1938......Terror unleashed.....the beginning of insanity on a scale never seen before....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31598 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So when will "The night of the broken glass" with synogogues (Churches) and business burned be administered, and when will "The Final Solution" be implemented from Obama? No comparison that you have shown between Hitler and Obama. Where did you get this article from?
I thought all of the examples were spot on. I never claimed Obama to be the evil dictator that Hitler was....Mike, just pointing out that they're, including the whole Democrat party for that matter, have more in common with Hitler and the Nazis than some think.
And if you take Hitler's views and substitute "jews" with "capitalist", you would then have alot of Obama's and the liberals views.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31599 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that New Yorkers and Jersey residents should NOT have purchased flood insurance? No. I just gave reasons why they probably did not. There is no flip-flopping.
So since you're now pushing for stiffer gun laws due to the unforeseen tragedy at Sandy Hook, are you also saying that everyone who lives within an X number of miles from the ocean should be required to buy flood insurance due to the unforeseen tragedies that could occur?

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31600 Jan 2, 2013
Silvercoast....you out there boy? Hitler made his war with the Soviets...into a racial war of extermination....The Slavs were, to the Nazis, sub-human....so, for the Russians, everyone who could move...men, women, and children...either pulled a trigger, dug tank traps, or both...the fighting in Moscow and Stalingrad reached levels of ferocity unseen in human history, when RUSSIAN armies were surrounded, instead of surrendering, they fought viciously, slipping away in the night to re-group and counterattack, at Kursk, the largest tank battle in history, Russian T-34 tanks actually rammed the Nazi Panzers and Tiger tanks...my point? Hate begats hate....and energizes your opponents...especially when they know what they will get...if they surrender...there is a list ofCongressional Medal of Honor winners...look at the names....Catholics, Protestants, Jews, blacks, whites, Native Americans, men, women, Mexican-Americans, Latinos, Japanese-Americans....some say, our diversity is our greatest weakness....It may yet be, our greatest strength...

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31601 Jan 2, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> So since you're now pushing for stiffer gun laws due to the unforeseen tragedy at Sandy Hook, are you also saying that everyone who lives within an X number of miles from the ocean should be required to buy flood insurance due to the unforeseen tragedies that could occur?
In Texas, they already make us buy liability insurance....to cover"unforseen"acci dents....don't give them any more bright ideas, Pro...

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31602 Jan 2, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
But this is New York City, which I would say was a pretty safe risk for the insurance companies. When was the last time New York City was hit with a flood of this proportion? I am sure flood insurance is offered there, but no one foresaw the need to purchase. No one sees into the future.
And no one thought 19 asshats would use 4 airliners as weapons of mass destruction on 09/10/2001. No one thought the Japanese would attack Pearl Harbor on 12/06/1941.

Can give you an answer of when the last time New Jersery or New York were affected by a flood. But google is your closest internet friend and I am sure the Federal Emergency Management Agency might have some data or statistics for you to review or links to them.

If you purchase insurance on what you exactly need, then kudos to you. I purchase insurance on what I might need. Like flood, wind, fire, mother nature or random acts of God. Hell, if there was an asteroid deflector gun made by Acme, I am certain Katie would buy that too. Here is a catchy slogan for you, be prepared? And I was never even a boy scout... Sorry, just being snarky.

I learned through 22 long years of working for the fire department that piss poor planning promotes piss poor performance. We used it as a training tool for new officers as the 7p theory. Where you fall into that ideology is solely up to you.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31603 Jan 2, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Silvercoast....you out there boy? Hitler made his war with the Soviets...into a racial war of extermination....The Slavs were, to the Nazis, sub-human....so, for the Russians, everyone who could move...men, women, and children...either pulled a trigger, dug tank traps, or both...the fighting in Moscow and Stalingrad reached levels of ferocity unseen in human history, when RUSSIAN armies were surrounded, instead of surrendering, they fought viciously, slipping away in the night to re-group and counterattack, at Kursk, the largest tank battle in history, Russian T-34 tanks actually rammed the Nazi Panzers and Tiger tanks...my point? Hate begats hate....and energizes your opponents...especially when they know what they will get...if they surrender...there is a list ofCongressional Medal of Honor winners...look at the names....Catholics, Protestants, Jews, blacks, whites, Native Americans, men, women, Mexican-Americans, Latinos, Japanese-Americans....some say, our diversity is our greatest weakness....It may yet be, our greatest strength...
I agree some made great sacrifices in the face of surmountable odds. But I have also read the texts of some who were awarded the CMH's and it is appearent that politics played into that person having that medal conferred. From my eyes, that detracts the very nature of what THAT medal is supposed to stand for. Those kinds of politics take away from the gravity of what THAT medal stands for.

But I am only one man that is no longer in public service. So I no longer hold myself to the same standards of those who are. Like you and Mikey, I did my duty. 22 years of missing birthdays, missing Christmas and Thanksgivings, missing ball games and recitals etc etc etc. but I had a pretty good idea of what I was signing up for when I signed and submitted my application.

As I have said before Waco, without Katie, I would not be where I am at today. Sucessfulness is a relative term to the individual. I am thankful for what I have, where I have been and where I am about to go. I am fortunate enough to have my best friend with me who is equally excited. Yours and my points of view of people and politics is a difference of opinion I can live with. However, I can not and will not live with the direction you and your teammates are taking our country. Being that it is still free for the moment, exercising my rights to agree to disagree and change the channel or country. So forgive me if we do not see eye to eye. If you and Lu are still doing ya'lls thing, which I hope so, then I hope you got your best girl beside you as you ride the roads chasing sunsets. I know I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooresboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Carolina Charter School Updates Religion ... Dec 16 Stupidbitch 3
Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Dec 13 cloredeal 21
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) Dec 1 bigmoneyal 10
trash dump Sep '14 Wordup 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Waco 28
Review: Deb's Mini Mart Aug '14 Lisa Hodge 1
Dead Beat Tenants-Liars-Steal You Blind (Jun '09) Aug '14 Misfit4Peace 67
Mooresboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mooresboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mooresboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mooresboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:41 am PST

ESPN10:41AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
NBC Sports11:09 AM
Falcons boosted by Julio Jones' return to practice - NBC Sports
ESPN 6:10 AM
Panthers assistant saves family's Christmas
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers