Trista Winterton

Trista Winterton, 23, of Richmond, died Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2007. She was born March 19, 1984, in Riverdale, Ga., to Susan Winterton and lived in this area most of her life. Full Story
Mike Kearney

San Clemente, CA

#1 Oct 10, 2007
Susan Winterton while living in Salt Lake City UT,in june 1984 gave my sister Mary Kearney,Trista to raise. Susan was involved in various relationships and traveling alot, couldn't be bothered. Trista was a beautiful and loving girl. Everyone just loved her. She was an accomplished equestrian rider and avid skier. At one time, she was a ball-girl for the Utah Jazz. She has a basketball with all the players signatures. At fourteen she left SLC to meet her birth mother..rest is history!
Mary Bishop

Draper, UT

#2 Oct 13, 2007
This is a sad day for Richmond and Hagarstown, IN.
You have lost girls due to drug addiction. A sweep of 39 people in these towns due to drugs and their stealing to support their drug habit. They were sent to prison, released with no drug rehab program. And they were off to more of the same as they now had a prison record. Their choice of drugs became heroin. Everyone knew. What responsiblilty does your communities have to save these children? Who is selling them the drugs? No they are just drugies. They do not matter. Except they are someones daughters, someone's Mother, someone's sister. They are loved. There was no reasonable help available. And now they are gone. And we mourne their loss.
Nicole Hackworth

Greensboro, NC

#3 Feb 11, 2009
Trista was my very best friend in the whole world. I grew up with her mother, her, and brother. She had family but noone she could turn to for help. I had just spoken to her a week before the tragic incident and she'd told me all that was going on in her life and that her mother had "washed her hands of her". I told Trista to come to MO to live w/ me and I even bought her a bus ticket. She never made it and I'll not see her again until my time to. I mourne her every day. I also dispise anyone who COULD have helped her and DIDN'T! Sincerely;
Nicole
Sue

Goshen, IN

#4 Apr 25, 2009
Her 'real' family accepted her for who she was and loved her deeply all of her life.
And I am saddened by this ugly attempt to 'change the facts' to suit you and your guilty conscience.
You should be ashamed of yourself Mike.
Jeanine

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 7, 2009
If you really loved her Susan, you wouldn't have left her with us for the first 14 years of her life. I'm the one who potty trained her, I'm the one who sat with her when she had the chicken pox. Then when she went to Indiana to confront you, you lied to her. You made us look like we were keeping her from you. You made only feeble attempt to keep in contact with her. You would call her ask her what she wanted for her birthday and then wouldn't send the gift. You are the one responsible for damaging her emotionally. Where were you? It is you who should be ashamed of yourself.
amber

Levittown, NY

#6 Aug 18, 2009
i was with trista the day that she died...it was the most horrible day of my life...she was an amazing woman and just made bad decisions in her life, just like many of us have. she felt she had no other way to turn....she was loved by so many people and i miss her dearly...my daughter and her were very close..
Mumzy Hagerstown IN

AOL

#7 Nov 8, 2009
Can anyone tell me how Trista died? Now that the Hagerstown area has lost more young people to heroin, we should revisit what we didn't do for Trista. We must learn from the deaths of Trista, Josh and Danielle and many others.
ADW HTOWN

Saint Joseph, MI

#8 Apr 7, 2010
Mumzy Hagerstown IN wrote:
Can anyone tell me how Trista died? Now that the Hagerstown area has lost more young people to heroin, we should revisit what we didn't do for Trista. We must learn from the deaths of Trista, Josh and Danielle and many others.
yes what happened was tragic..she had felt there was nothing left for her and she took her own life.leaving others here feeling even more helpless for her than we were already
ADW HTOWN

Saint Joseph, MI

#9 Apr 7, 2010
yes what happened was tragic..she felt there was nothing left for her so she took her own life.leaving alot of us who felt helpless to her addiction more helpless...
ADW HTOWN

Saint Joseph, MI

#11 Apr 7, 2010
Mike Mike Mike...now dont you think that what you did to her as a child could have had a little to do with her emotional wrecklessness?! oh course she had it made there in Utah but what she wanted was her "real" family. cannot blame sue for anything if you were the ones to raise her than its an obvious where her pain came from..she let your little secret out before she became attached to drugs...hope you can forgive yourself for the mistakes you made..she held alot of anger for you inside..your pleasure caused her eternal pain..sicko
Nic

Columbia, MO

#12 May 4, 2010
amber wrote:
i was with trista the day that she died...it was the most horrible day of my life...she was an amazing woman and just made bad decisions in her life, just like many of us have. she felt she had no other way to turn....she was loved by so many people and i miss her dearly...my daughter and her were very close..
Was your daughter the 5 yr. old in the vehicle? Were u in the vehicle too? I am so sorry for your position! I hope your little girl is ok!
amber

United States

#13 May 18, 2010
Nic wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your daughter the 5 yr. old in the vehicle? Were u in the vehicle too? I am so sorry for your position! I hope your little girl is ok!
yes, my daughter was in the car with us that day, she is getting better she asks questions all the time about trista, my daughter loved her and they were very close, i know i still think about it so i can only imagine what goes through her little mind, she went through some couseling and so did i we all saw a lot that day, candace, me, trista and my daughter were a posse...we had so many good times together and she is missed tremendously...my life candaces life and my daughters lives all changed that day....i wish she would have made a different decision but she had already given up on life way before this all happened, we all watched her take her own life and there was nothing we could do to stop it...thats what i live with everyday wondering what if i would have done something different but things get better with time....i miss her very much and so does sky, but i hope she is finally happy and not living with all the emotional distress that she lived with everyday of her life...she is in my heart forever and always and hopefully she finally found the peace that she needed
Corey Ward

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 11, 2013
amber wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, my daughter was in the car with us that day, she is getting better she asks questions all the time about trista, my daughter loved her and they were very close, i know i still think about it so i can only imagine what goes through her little mind, she went through some couseling and so did i we all saw a lot that day, candace, me, trista and my daughter were a posse...we had so many good times together and she is missed tremendously...my life candaces life and my daughters lives all changed that day....i wish she would have made a different decision but she had already given up on life way before this all happened, we all watched her take her own life and there was nothing we could do to stop it...thats what i live with everyday wondering what if i would have done something different but things get better with time....i miss her very much and so does sky, but i hope she is finally happy and not living with all the emotional distress that she lived with everyday of her life...she is in my heart forever and always and hopefully she finally found the peace that she needed
Amber, do you by any chance have a picture of Trista and me? She missed deeply still and will be in our hearts forever. corey74j@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mooreland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
male gold diggers Nov 20 Find 3
Sarah Justice Nov 12 GotMeToTheLeft 1
local trailer park Nov 11 curious 1
nick lakes??? (Jan '11) Nov 2 Itsliansugar89 5
Justice/Nugent Nov 1 lonesome dove 1
Hagerstown thrift store (Apr '14) Oct '14 Agreed 6
what kind of car work does Gary Smith do? is he... Oct '14 Democracy1783 1
Mooreland Dating
Find my Match

Mooreland People Search