Immigration: The underground economy

Immigration: The underground economy

There are 1 comment on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Mar 24, 2008, titled Immigration: The underground economy. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

By Aliana Ramos and Robert Morris - [email protected] and [email protected] Just after sunrise, 20 job-seeking men crowd Labor Ready's counter and chairs in Myrtle Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

Illegals and Employers

Conway, SC

#1 Jul 13, 2008
As a small employer in the Grand Strand it so sickens me when I hear of (and I do hear of) other small business owners hiring illegals. There a thousands of local LEGALLY employable people just waiting for a chance to work while the irrisponsible business owners are giving jobs away to the illegals. It's time the GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN businesses that cheat the legally employable out of a job. If they shut down the businesses what harm would it really do to the legally employable that are NOT being employed by these businesses anyway. It would really only hurt the CROOKED business owner in their wallet. Let them sit on the other side of the fence for a while and see how they like getting passed by as a skilled laborer for an illegal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Owen*Michael Owen 18 hr Mike Owen Family 1
News Multiple crews respond to roof fire due to burn... Oct 20 solarcitizen 1
News Firefighters: Multiple injuries reported in Spa... Oct 4 pnther 1
News Larceny - Rebecca Nicole Peavy (Feb '09) Sep '16 Cleanandhappy 2
Representative Gowdy. Sep '16 ESV1999 1
Nazareth Church Rd. Aug '16 Keybound 1
News Deputies: Duo stole pickup from McDonald's, dri... Aug '16 privileged one 1

Moore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moore Mortgages