Greenville officials assist in search...

Greenville officials assist in search for missing 2-year-old boy

There are 12 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 18, 2009, titled Greenville officials assist in search for missing 2-year-old boy. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

MOORE, SC Officials and volunteers are looking for a 2-year-old South Carolina boy who wandered out of his family's yard near Spartanburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

SISTERSEVEN

Candler, NC

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Was this yard fenced in?? If not, why wasn't the Mother out side the WHOLE time watching a 2 year old? I truely hope they find this baby....
WNC

Murphy, NC

#2 Mar 18, 2009
sending out prayers for the baby to be found...
Concerned

Asheville, NC

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Citizen-times is a little behind on the news. If you go to WYFF.com , they found this little boy's body in the river at 11:30 am. A tragic end. Thoughts and prayers to the family and all those who searched.

Since: May 08

Maxton, NC

#4 Mar 18, 2009
SISTERSEVEN wrote:
Was this yard fenced in?? If not, why wasn't the Mother out side the WHOLE time watching a 2 year old? I truely hope they find this baby....
It was fenced in but apparently one of the gates was opened and he wandered out.

Poor baby. How sad. My heart goes out to his family.

You would think though that since they knew that property had water on it, that would've been the first place they looked!
SISTERSEVEN

Candler, NC

#5 Mar 18, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Citizen-times is a little behind on the news. If you go to WYFF.com , they found this little boy's body in the river at 11:30 am. A tragic end. Thoughts and prayers to the family and all those who searched.
OMG!!!!!!!!!! When I posted the 1st time, I was going to ask if there was any water near his house.... DAMN'T!!!!! Why did she leave a 2 year old outside without supervision?????????? I say this because obviously that is what happened... People, watch your children, especially toddlers!!!!!!!!!!
SISTERSEVEN

Candler, NC

#6 Mar 18, 2009
Rah_239 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was fenced in but apparently one of the gates was opened and he wandered out.
Poor baby. How sad. My heart goes out to his family.
You would think though that since they knew that property had water on it, that would've been the first place they looked!
I posted the last post before i seen yours saying there was a fence.. I don't care though. People need to go outside and play with their children not just send them out on their own!!! May this little Baby Rest in Peace!!!
SISTERSEVEN

Candler, NC

#7 Mar 18, 2009
I had to come back on here and post again... I just can not get this out of my head.. I pray this family WILL find peace,and that this little baby did not suffer!!!!!
Donna

Tallulah, LA

#8 Mar 18, 2009
For Pete's sake....don't you people have anything else to do besides blame this poor mother??? It could happen to any of us with small children....I've raised 4 and I know you can't watch them every second of every day!!! Please just pray for these grieving people!!! This little angel is with God in heaven and it's a much better place than this earth!!!
In His Love

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 18, 2009
God bless this baby. My thoughts and prayers are with family.

Maxton, NC

#10 Mar 19, 2009
SISTERSEVEN wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the last post before i seen yours saying there was a fence.. I don't care though. People need to go outside and play with their children not just send them out on their own!!! May this little Baby Rest in Peace!!!
The news said his sister was watching him, but it never said how old the sister was. Apparently she wasn't old enough or responsible enough. But, the saddest part is that he was autistic which would make one think that one would be THAT much MORE cautious when dealing with a two year old! A two year old with NO handicapps should be closely watched. AND it had been an hour since she had seen him?

Maxton, NC

#11 Mar 19, 2009
Donna wrote:
For Pete's sake....don't you people have anything else to do besides blame this poor mother??? It could happen to any of us with small children....I've raised 4 and I know you can't watch them every second of every day!!! Please just pray for these grieving people!!! This little angel is with God in heaven and it's a much better place than this earth!!!
In His Love
Okay, Donna, first of all no one is BLAMING the mother, but you don't leave a two year old with autism to be "watched" by a sister when playing outside! It is a tragedy and my heart goes out to her, however, she was definitely negligent. The facts are the facts! Would you say the same if she had been driving drunk and had an accident and it killed the little boy?
mjklockhart

Lumberton, NC

#12 Mar 19, 2009
SISTERSEVEN wrote:
How pathetically uncompassionate you are yet you are probably one of those who loves to say "judge not that ye be not judged". Maybe you can push for having the rest her other child removed from the home to live with somone as wise as you. Have some sympathy and realize how longsuffering God has been to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam Newton Jul 26 gopats 1
Considering relocating to Spartanburg NEED OPIN... (Jun '11) Jul 21 pearladams35 6
Bootleg Bill Canny. Jul '17 Bootleg Bill fan 1
News Details about suspect emerge after captive woma... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Bill 4
News Search begins where woman was found chained up ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Mike 1
News Discussion to remove Rebels mascot from Byrnes ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Rebel Fighter 2
News Murder trial set to begin Monday in Pickens (Apr '08) Feb '15 Response to staci 6

Moore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moore Mortgages