The Study of Jeremiah Chapters 10 and 11

The Study of Jeremiah Chapters 10 and 11

Posted in the Moore Forum

Bishop Caractor

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2013
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

I greet you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is my sincere prayer that you are being Blessed even as you read this email.

Today, we will continue the study of the Book of Jeremiah Chapters 10 and 11.

10:1-16. Considering the impotence of the false gods and the emptiness of false religion, men surely ought to worship the omnipotent Lord and King of the nations. God's name, which is great, reveals His character and reputation. The term name became title for God (cf. Dan. 9:18, 19; Amos 9:12) and was applied in the New Testament to Christ (Acts 4:12; 5:41; 3 John 7).

10:21. The pastors were Judah's false civil and religious leaders (cf. the note on 3:15).

10:24, 25. Jeremiah surrenders to God's program of judgement but asks that the necessary chastisement not be carried out severely (cf. 46:28; Hab. 3:2).

11:1. Jeremiah's messages in chapters 11-13 will reveal Judah's false loyalties. They have been unfaithful to the covenant of the Lord (11:1-17) and, accordingly, must suffer the course of their infidelity (11:18-12:17). Judah's corruption (13:1-11) had led them to an inordinate pride that will suffer humiliation (13:12-27).

11:11. God's deafness to Judah's cry was ample evidence of their sin. Not only had Judah broken God's covenant (vv. 2-8), but they had gone off into a corrupt paganism (vv. 9, 10). Therefore, their fellowship with God was broken so that He would not hear their requests (cf. Ps. 66:18; John 9:31; James 4:3). Where there is godliness living (Is. 56:11, 12), lack of concern for others in their need (Is. 58:6-9), and carelessness with regard to the clear instructions of the Word of God (35:17), God cannot honor the one who prays; rather, such a one stands in danger of divine judgement (Zech. 7:8-14). However, where intimacy of communion exists, God answers the call of His own. See Job 13:22; 14:14, 15; Psalms 22:24, 25; 91:15; 102:1, 2; Isaiah 58:9; 65:24.

11:18-23. Here the reader is allowed a glimpse of the recruiting hostility that Jeremiah faced. His very life was at stake. The servant of God must be prepared for the possibility of suffering for the Lord's sake (Matt. 10:36; John 15:18-21; 2 Tim. 3:12; 1 John 3:13). However, he must so live as to be certain that his persecution is for Christ's sake, not his own doing (cf. 1 Pet. 2:19, 20; 3:17), and leave the judgement with God (cf. 1 Pet. 4:12-19).

Yours in Jesus Christ,

Bishop William B. Caractor
Liz

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 23, 2013
Oh thank you so much. What a loving God.
Get real

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Oct 1, 2013
Liz wrote:
Oh thank you so much. What a loving God.
The pastors in todays church think that they are annointed and appointed and deserve so much financial compensation for doing "God's "work. Over paid and underworked, and thats why I dont give at church and never will. I give to God to someone or an entity that really needs not some prima dona.
Liz

Dallas, TX

#5 Oct 3, 2013
"The Bishop"
sounds like a Monty Python skit.
but not funny.

Sosthenes

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Oct 3, 2013
Liz wrote:
"The Bishop"
sounds like a Monty Python skit.
but not funny.
I think a bishop and a pastor are actually the very same thing in the NT.

thegospelofchrist.com
Liz

Dallas, TX

#7 Oct 4, 2013
Since you've adopted the name of an ancient Greek (whose personal beliefs and habits would horrify you) tell us a little about the Greek Orthodox Church. Do you watch them on TV?

Sosthenes

Location hidden

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Liz wrote:
Since you've adopted the name of an ancient Greek (whose personal beliefs and habits would horrify you) tell us a little about the Greek Orthodox Church. Do you watch them on TV?
No, I am not neither a part of the Greek Orthodox Church nor do I watch it on TV.

Gospel Broadcasting Network

gbntv.org

Free DVDs
No asking the public for money.
We're interested in your soul not your money.

Sosthenes

Location hidden

#9 Oct 4, 2013
Get real wrote:
<quoted text> The pastors in todays church think that they are annointed and appointed and deserve so much financial compensation for doing "God's "work. Over paid and underworked, and thats why I dont give at church and never will. I give to God to someone or an entity that really needs not some prima dona.
You are correct GR the so called pastors of the denominational world are continually thinking of financial gain. That is the reason we see all these husband and wife preaching teams. They get double pay if you think about it.

All the time the bible says -

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.(1Tim.2:11)

Mr. "Get Real" - If you ever want to get to heaven you must support the true church financially and attend it as well.(Heb.10:24-31)(1Cor.16:1, 2)

*1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

*24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Gospel Broadcasting Network

gbntv.org

Free DVDs
No asking the public for money.
We're interested in your soul not your money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Zombie' event staged at Oklahoma Capitol to su... 1 hr trickeor 1
Playhouse club 16 hr Business918 3
News Police searching for two missing people (Oct '10) 19 hr Kayla Park 85
hack services Fri Vox Populi 2
News Fire Crews Find Man Dead Inside MWC Mobile Home Thu Susan H 1
Embrace the Trumpet (Apr '16) Thu Pray to the Wool 27
News OKC, Tulsa Competing To Be Amazon's Second Head... Oct 19 qualityokie 5

Moore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance