I heard Toby Keith is Jerk in when th...

I heard Toby Keith is Jerk in when the camera is off,true?

Posted in the Moore Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Toby Fan

Clarksville, TN

#1 Jul 31, 2009
My nephew said Toby and a friend of his tried to hunt his property and didn't ask. Said Toby went to the truck,was a real azz. I was looking forward to meeting him sometime,but would be scared to approach him. I hope this was just isolated,he must get tired of being so loved.
Toby Fan

Clarksville, TN

#2 Jul 31, 2009
MEANT TO READ: I heard Toby is a jerk when the camera is off,true?
r g stone

Independence, KS

#3 Aug 1, 2009
Why shouldn't be? He's a jerk when the camera is on.
Toby Fan

United States

#4 Aug 1, 2009
r g stone wrote:
Why shouldn't be? He's a jerk when the camera is on.
Has he always been like that,even before fame? I'm sad to hear this.
I was told by family there he owns most of Norman.
Any thoughts?
tksbabygirl

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2009
I happen to know for a fact this is not rue.

Toby is very loyal and true to his fans. He is one of the most reachable and sincere stars there is of all todays stars.
He treats everone with respect and takes time to listen when thye talk to him.
Why also if he owns most of Norman would he have to sneak onto someone else's property to hunt ?
Toby has plenty of money and can go most anywhere he wants to go.
I don't see him having to SNEAK to do anything .
I would check my sources before I believed half of what I heard.
Toby Fan

United States

#6 Aug 1, 2009
tksbabygirl wrote:
I happen to know for a fact this is not rue.
Toby is very loyal and true to his fans. He is one of the most reachable and sincere stars there is of all todays stars.
He treats everone with respect and takes time to listen when thye talk to him.
Why also if he owns most of Norman would he have to sneak onto someone else's property to hunt ?
Toby has plenty of money and can go most anywhere he wants to go.
I don't see him having to SNEAK to do anything .
I would check my sources before I believed half of what I heard.
Thanks so much for the comment. I don't know that he was sneaking to hunt,just came upon my nephew's property line. Some people are very territorial when it comes to their property. He is one of my favorites,even got my husband into country music because he liked him so much. I am glad he is doing well. I try to promote him every chance I get. Just shocked me to hear the relative(husbands side :) say this. I wanted to hear it from a reliable source. I can sleep easy now. No harm intended here,just didn't like what I heard. I know he is loved by many. Again,thanks.
Toby Fan

Clarksville, TN

#7 Aug 2, 2009
As I think about it more,maybe Mr. Keith has to be very careful. Maybe the nephew took it the wrong way when he went to the truck. Especially if he (nephew) was at a defensive stance. My husband is supposed to visit and hunt there in Oct. He lived in that area growing up. Maybe we will run in to Toby!
Toby Fan

Richmond, KY

#8 Aug 31, 2009
tksbabygirl wrote:
I happen to know for a fact this is not rue.
Toby is very loyal and true to his fans. He is one of the most reachable and sincere stars there is of all todays stars.
He treats everone with respect and takes time to listen when thye talk to him.
Why also if he owns most of Norman would he have to sneak onto someone else's property to hunt ?
Toby has plenty of money and can go most anywhere he wants to go.
I don't see him having to SNEAK to do anything .
I would check my sources before I believed half of what I heard.
If you are really TK's baby girl,I am sure he treats you very well. You should be proud of your dad. I was most likely wrong in my assumption. Apologies.
Mike

Norman, OK

#9 Sep 9, 2009
I heard the opposite. He helped a guy I know change his tire one day. Said he was a really nice guy. When the camera's on, he's kind of a sell out, but hell I guess I'd write corny music too if I could live as well as he's living..

at some point, when I had enough money, I would lose the corny stuff and start trying to create some real art though.
Toby Fan

Clarksville, TN

#10 Sep 12, 2009
I heard the opposite. He helped a guy I know change his tire one day. Said he was a really nice guy. When the camera's on, he's kind of a sell out, but hell I guess I'd write corny music too if I could live as well as he's living..
at some point, when I had enough money, I would lose the corny stuff and start trying to create some real art though.
U R probably right. I guess they live in a different world than we do. Do ya' think they get bored sometimes and just throw out goofy stuff? Nice to hear Toby did a random act of kindness. Way to go TK.
Tobys biggest fan

Hazard, KY

#11 Oct 14, 2009
I was able to meet toby a few years ago.... I was greeted with a handshake and a smile... and got a hug too... he is an awsome man!
Toby Fan

United States

#12 Oct 15, 2009
Toby Fan wrote:
I heard the opposite. He helped a guy I know change his tire one day. Said he was a really nice guy. When the camera's on, he's kind of a sell out, but hell I guess I'd write corny music too if I could live as well as he's living..
at some point, when I had enough money, I would lose the corny stuff and start trying to create some real art though.
U R probably right. I guess they live in a different world than we do. Do ya' think they get bored sometimes and just throw out goofy stuff? Nice to hear Toby did a random act of kindness. Way to go TK.
I did not write this. Get your own Post name. So we can tell the difference.
Toby Fan

United States

#13 Oct 15, 2009
I think I know what happened. Sorry Mike,my apologies. Swine Flu has gotten to me....for real!
I am crazy about Toby. Just love to get a rise out of ya'll sometimes. LOL.
L Kay

Norman, OK

#14 Oct 23, 2009
When my little brother was playing baseball against TK's son's baseball team, a few boys went over to him after the game and asked for his autograph. He took one of them by the head and pushing him away. He told the kids to get away. I know he probably gets this all around norman, but he's not that bad. In fact, whenever the two teams would play, my father would go stand on the field with him and chat. Sure, his daughter was a little snotty from (personal experiences & stories), but he's just a normal, scruffy-looking guy who drives a H2 and who happens to live in a huge house on beautiful land.
Toby Fan

United States

#15 Oct 25, 2009
I like scruffy. Unfortunate for the kids he acted that way. Maybe he just wants normalcy in his life but how do you get that at his stature now? We have a celebrity in my area Eddie Montgomery ,he is super nice and seems to not take his celebrity all that serious. I have talked to him out and about. Guess there is a price to pay for drivin' a "humma".
NotaFan

Gilbert, AZ

#16 Nov 26, 2011
This guy is a jerk. He does not need fans. He is his own #1 fan. He does not represent the country folks I know. He is arrogant, and should just keep his mouth shut when not singing. Too much swill pours out otherwise. I am a God loving country boy and this guy does not represent what I feel country is truly about.
Cynthia Stuart

Bossier City, LA

#17 Feb 10, 2012
I used to have the impression that Toby was a cocky, arrogant jerk. A couple of years ago I came across an article on Toby's visits overseas performing for the troops. My husband is retired military, so this peeked my I interest. I began to research Toby (the man & the entertainer) and came to realize that I had formed an opinion without all of the facts. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but please consider this:
- Toby and his wife have been married over 25 years. Their life stays out of the gossip columns. I feel this attest to the fact that he and his wife put their family and children first. This family seems close and grounded. I would love to meet his wife, she has to be an amazing woman
- He never intended to record the patriotic songs he wrote after 9/11, they were songs he performed for the troops. He was encouraged by a high ranking military official to record the songs, being told that he had a duty to do so
- Toby almost always uses the term "we" when referring to accomplishments or accolades he receives. My interpretation is that, to him,'Toby Keith' is the machine. It includes each person it takes to make it a success, not just himself
Taking these things into consideration, I came to realize that Toby is a business man. One who loves to write, to tell a story that makes a listener feel and see that story in just a few lines. As I stated before, I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All I am asking is that you dig a little deeper and take a second look.
r g stone

Independence, KS

#18 Feb 19, 2012
Cynthia Stuart wrote:
I used to have the impression that Toby was a cocky, arrogant jerk. A couple of years ago I came across an article on Toby's visits overseas performing for the troops. My husband is retired military, so this peeked my I interest. I began to research Toby (the man & the entertainer) and came to realize that I had formed an opinion without all of the facts. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but please consider this:
- Toby and his wife have been married over 25 years. Their life stays out of the gossip columns. I feel this attest to the fact that he and his wife put their family and children first. This family seems close and grounded. I would love to meet his wife, she has to be an amazing woman
- He never intended to record the patriotic songs he wrote after 9/11, they were songs he performed for the troops. He was encouraged by a high ranking military official to record the songs, being told that he had a duty to do so
- Toby almost always uses the term "we" when referring to accomplishments or accolades he receives. My interpretation is that, to him,'Toby Keith' is the machine. It includes each person it takes to make it a success, not just himself
Taking these things into consideration, I came to realize that Toby is a business man. One who loves to write, to tell a story that makes a listener feel and see that story in just a few lines. As I stated before, I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All I am asking is that you dig a little deeper and take a second look.
Your first impression of Toby Keith was correct.
TKsLady

Charleston, WV

#19 Apr 13, 2012
Toby is the sweetest and nicest person you could ever hope to meet. It's a shame that there are so many jealous people in this world. Maybe if you guys had a life that was meaningful and important, you wouldn't have the time to judge someone that you have never met!
Tricia

Molalla, OR

#20 May 29, 2012
That's interesting that you say that, because my husband and I went to his concert a couple years ago for our birthdays, and after the concert, TK announced that he was going to be at a local club signing autographs and tickets. We went and waited to get our tickets signed. It was hours later and he got up (I thought he was leaving) so I walked up to him and his bodyguards, and asked him if he could please sign our tickets. He looked down at me and said "I'm going to take a piss. I'll be right back." Then he ignored us when he came back. So we left. I wouldn't want his autograph anyway after that. I've never heard of someone speaking to a woman like that. We weren't being obnoxious or rude. We were very patient. I just thought it was really rude. And weird.
tksbabygirl wrote:
I happen to know for a fact this is not rue.
Toby is very loyal and true to his fans. He is one of the most reachable and sincere stars there is of all todays stars.
He treats everone with respect and takes time to listen when thye talk to him.
Why also if he owns most of Norman would he have to sneak onto someone else's property to hunt ?
Toby has plenty of money and can go most anywhere he wants to go.
I don't see him having to SNEAK to do anything .
I would check my sources before I believed half of what I heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To "ur lobotomy", aka usmc wife, aka ok lady, a... 4 hr Major Mac 8
OK City, take your troll back from Eminence, Mt... 4 hr Not Surprised 18
Review: Alexander L Bednar PC (Jun '10) 6 hr Rick Vergaman 3
News Oklahoma Struggles To Pay For Schools After Sla... 12 hr Guest 2
Will thunder have chance in playoffs??? 15 hr anonymous 14
News Oklahoma organization launches #TheMuslimNextDo... Thu campaignterror 1
Laing Morey Ho Ho Ho Thu Guest 12

Moore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moore Mortgages