Flat tax pros and cons

Since: Apr 10

Moorcroft, WY

#1 Apr 20, 2010
Flat tax pros and cons. I'll stat with the pros feel free to enlighten me.
Pro-20% flat tax on all goods purchased no income tax sound like a winning situation everyone who makes a purchase (including illegals) are paying their fair share

Since: Sep 07

Englewood, CO

#2 Jun 19, 2010
Pros - efficiency of the tax system i.e. simple, understandable, easier to enforce compliance.
Elimnates or reduces need for accountants, tax prepartion & legal service professionals. Based on consumption i.e. use tax or European VAT tax. Incourages stock market & capital investment. Broadens tax base. Eliminates tax on production & capital distribution.
Cons - Dscourages purchasing & real good consumption, Dpresses real estate values. Further concenates wealth. Reduces incentive to save, European VAT tax system, removes incentave to give to charity, Shifts tax burden to wage earners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moorcroft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Debate simmers over name of Devils Tower monume... Oct '16 southern at heart 43
any update od Miira? (Feb '16) Feb '16 Gypsy_rose2 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Upton, WY (Jan '12) Nov '15 tewcab 2
Looking to rent a home (Jun '13) Jun '13 Mark Kurtz 1
Tupac and Obama and CHANGE! (Sep '12) Mar '13 AllArnerican1 3
Poll Who will you vote for to fill Wyoming Governors... (Apr '10) Jul '10 Mathew 10
Promoting Moorcroft (Apr '10) Apr '10 Early Thiry 1

Moorcroft Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moorcroft Mortgages