2boysmom

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Does anyone have a child that attends PAELC? I am looking for some info on the school.
my3sons

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

What would you like to know?
2boysmom

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

General info, pro's con's. Should we enroll? if so, why? if not, why?
Mellisa

Sylacauga, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

2boysmom wrote:
Does anyone have a child that attends PAELC? I am looking for some info on the school.
My child attended there in 2007. I have NOTHING nice to say about this facility. They stored my daughter's food in a staff bathroom, within feet of the actual toilet. It was a horrible experience. The health department was unable to force the center to correct the food storage problem. They supposedly moved after ABC 33/40 became involved and featured them on the news.
Mellisa

Sylacauga, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Oops - last sentence was meant to say they supposedly moved THE BABIES FOOD after ABC 33/40 became involved. I should also add - the pastor threatened to sue me for alerting the local news media about storing the infant's food in the staff bathroom.

They also practiced placing quilts over the side of infant's cribs (where caregivers cannot even see infants) in order to "assist infants in sleeping."

Horrible experience really doesn't even begin to explain my disgust with this facility.
2boysmom

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Thanks I got my answer. I pulled my child from there after two months.
Mellisa

Sylacauga, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Judged:

Wish I had seen this post earlier. It's a shame the "Park Avenue Early Learning Center" is even allowed to remain open.
Lex Luthor

Lagos, Nigeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Attn:Customer
You are welcome to Lexington Loan Services,We offer loan to honest and God ferrying
people.If any one have interest in taking this loan should contact us
VIA Email lexluthormoneylender@gmail.com
BORROWERS INFORMATION
Full name:
Address:
Marital status:
Current Status at place of work:
Sex:
Phone number:
Monthly Income:
Amount Needed:
Propose of Loan:
Loan Duration:
How Urgent do you need the loan:
Regards
MD. mr Lex Luthor
Lexington Loan Services
Email:lexluthormoneylender@gma il.com
Moody Gal

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

2boysmom wrote:
Thanks I got my answer. I pulled my child from there after two months.
Can I ask why you pulled your child after two months of being there?
2boysmom

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

It just wasn't the place for us. You can email me for more specifics. Forevaluv53@yahoo.com.
DHR worker

Wetumpka, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

My children attend PAELC and I LOVE IT! Yes they do store food differently because they do not have a kitchen at the center, but i have never been concerned about my child's food. The parent provides meals for their child/children. I pack it in a lunch bag and ensure that there is an ice pack to keep the food at the right temperature. Other than the center not supplying meals everything else is wonderful.
The director REALLY LOVES these kids and I myself have witnessed her on several occasions crying over her concern for the safety and well-being of children that attend the center.
There is a very low turn over rate of teachers and all of the teachers are EXCEPTIONAL. They love every child like he/she was their own.
They have field trips to the pumpkin patch and childrens theater as well. Also during the summer the ice cream truck comes every Friday for the children. They have 'picnic' lunches every Friday that my kids ABSOLUTELY love! They also have bike days, water days and even show-n-tell.
Me being a worker for DHR i always talk to my kids about their school day and what happened. My kids are always excited to go in the mornings and have never said anything to even give me one hint that my children are mistreated.
The center also has a keypad entry and a camera system so that you can watch your child any time of the day.
All in all I love the place because i know my children are safe and loved there. I think some people are turned off because there are sooo many rules for the center but it is only to ensure that the children get what they deserve.
AND NO I am NOT an employee of the center.
2boysmom

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

I do not feel like my child was ever mistreated there, nor did I have a problem with food storage. It just wasn't a good fit for us. We loved the teacher as well. I don't feel right saying anything negative toward the center on a public forum as there was a lot to like about it. But I would be happy to share my experience with another concerned parent.
Mellisa

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Just because the center does not have a kitchen, is NOT an excuse to store a baby's food in front of a toilet.

One day, I got a call at work asking me to pick up my daughter because she just would not stop crying. I arrived at 3 PM, and was handed all the full bottles I had brought in that morning. My infant had not been fed all day long. That is not care - that is neglect.

Seriously, if you have a child in this center - WATCH THE CAMERAS.
parent of 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

In response to DHR worker, you think sobbing is an appropriate response to a parent's concern? My child's daycare is a fantastic, the director is professional, and has over 25 years of experience. Every time I have come to her with a concern (which have been few) she doesn't cry, she doesn't get overly emotional, she addresses the issue and makes it right. The only safety concern I have had was a loose wire I noticed on the fence surrounding the play ground. It was fixed inside of 10 minutes. That's what I expect as a parent, putting the children first, not a crying director.
Bucketheads dad

Leeds, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Yeah ok listen, there are some rules that my wife and I don't agree with, and there are some things that the director and I don't see eye-eye on, but there is NO WHERE ELSE in this community that I would want my son to go to. I am going to have my second child going there as well. This "Daycare" center is more than daycare, they TEACH the children to help them learn about GOD, ABC's,123's, to read, to spell,to write, ALL by the time they are 4. The director of the center , like I said she and I haven't always gotten along, but if I ever had a problem, or a concern it WAS taken care of. These teachers show the children how to have manners and respect adults and each other, which in this "Politically Correct" where we don't want to tell anybody NO, or hurt their feelings, its nice to see.
So what if they don't have a kitchen, sure its a hassle to get the kids lunch ready in the morning, but at least I know that he will eat what I give him.
If there are any questions that you would like to ask me firetaz9964@yahoo.com
DHR worker

Wetumpka, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

In response to parent of 2- you misunderstood my comment. What i meant was, as a DHR worker, the director has come to me expressing concerns for children that attended the center (NOT for things like faulty wiring or parents concern). I was regarding issues such as 'a child has an unusual bruises, things that i deal with professionally everyday. Now as for the director addressing issues, that she does. Maybe a little bit harsher than i see the need to. On one occasion my child received an injury at school, but i did not receive an incident report. The director addressed the issue, found out who was supervising my child at the time of his injury and made that teacher call me and explain what happened and apologize for not writing up an accident report.
It means more to me to have someone who really cares for the children in their center than about nonsense about a toilet being within 5 feet of a CLOSED lunchbox! I mean REALLY; allowing your child to eat his dinner before washing his hands is disgusting and unsanitary but i bet more than half commenting about the toilets dont insist their children wash their hands before every meal.
I have such great pride when my son just spouts out weekly bible verses, and even corrects me when my behaviors are 'not nice'.

Since: May 10

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

DHR worker, you obviously misunderstood the facts. My infant's food was not stored in a "closed lunchbox" as you posted above. Jars of baby food were stored in an open plastic basket not 2 feet in front of a public toilet. Not 5 feet away as you claimed - less than 2 feet on a shelf directly in front of the staff toilet in the bathroom. The refrigerator, where the infant's formula was located about 5 feet away in the BATHROOM.

Here's a picture: http://www.robandmellisa.com/images/foodinpub...

Hey, if you see no problem with storing infant's food in a public bathroom, then you take great pride in your child attending that nasty facility. Call it nonsense all you want. I call it complete disregard the health and safety of the children under their care.
greatdaycare

Odenville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

My child has attended Park Avenue Early Learning Center for four years and we absolutely love it. I am one of the parents who suggested TIME OUT reports because it is helpful to actually see our childís behavior daily. The director is not money hungry she is an extremely loving caregiver. I donít think money hungry people spend there weekends attending childrenís birthday parties and taking other children if the parents canít or when the center is closed keeping children at her house to help people out. The superintendent of St. Clair County makes the decision regarding the weather and the center follows that decision. That is an elected office you know. I think itís sad people try to destroy Gods work. My child has received a better education than we could have ever asked for or even thought possible. To the person who claimed the time issue was not in the handbook. I looked at my copy it is on page six FYI. I remember the bathroom and food storage issue my child was enrolled at the time and the majority of the families there thought it was completely ridiculous all of our children went through that same room with no problems. That center is the cleanest center I have ever been in. I visited many centers in the area before I enrolled our child and it was by far the cleanest. Also to the person who claims they do not spend money to keep the education and the facility up to date that is just not true. I see all the things that are bought and hear from my child about the new computer games, learning games and etc. The keypad was defective and frustrating but I questioned that and it was explained to me from more than one person that it was the extreme change in temperature and the company had been called out multiple times. I would recommend Park Avenue Early Learning Center as a wonderful place to have your children.
parent of 2

Sylacauga, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

I cannot believe people can defend/condone keeping children's food 2 feet from a used public toilet. I am one of the parents involved in the ABC report several years ago. There is no excuse for that. The health department informed me had they been under the jurisdiction of the health department (as a licensed and accredited center would be), they would have been shut down immediately.
Unfortunately the health department did not have the authority, as the center was religious-exempt after meeting the most minimum DHR standards. The day care center we moved our daughter is fully accredited facility, has a full kitchen to feed the children, and it's rated by the health department. In the time my daughter has been there the rating has never been below 99.
Additionally most of the complaints I brought to the director of PALEC were rarely resolved. Issues such was keeping a blanket of the edge of a child's crib where the caregivers could not even see an infant. They stopped for my child, but kept doing it for others. This action alone would get accreditation pulled. Other complaints were met w/ a response of there were very few day care facilities in Moody. This is not about doing God's work. If PALEC were truly interested in doing God's work, they would strive to be better than the minimum standards, instead of using it as an excuse not to meet minimum standards.
Jeff

Moody, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Mellisa wrote:
Oops - last sentence was meant to say they supposedly moved THE BABIES FOOD after ABC 33/40 became involved. I should also add - the pastor threatened to sue me for alerting the local news media about storing the infant's food in the staff bathroom.
They also practiced placing quilts over the side of infant's cribs (where caregivers cannot even see infants) in order to "assist infants in sleeping."
Horrible experience really doesn't even begin to explain my disgust with this facility.
I believe in the ABC 33/40 interview, they pointed out it was NOT in the bathroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Moody Discussions

Search the Moody Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Loan needed hertfordshire (Jun '13) Jul 20 Danny 6
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 11 freedom 201
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Rep 704
AL Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun '14 ThomasA 416
Man charged with the murder of his girlfriend (Feb '12) May '14 a friend 7
building a bigger butt, advice and help (Jan '13) Apr '14 Shannon 3
this is brandon sipes anyone remember me? (Aug '09) Jan '14 myloveyo 3
•••
•••
•••
Moody Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Moody Jobs

•••