Guns' Owner College Teacher

Guns' Owner College Teacher

There are 6 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Oct 19, 2007, titled Guns' Owner College Teacher. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

“I wouldn't trust this guy with chemicals for the lawn”

Timothy L. Jacobs, charged Thursday with illegal possession of three assault weapons after police removed 350 guns from a house and barn on Highland Avenue last week, is an associate professor of sociology at Naugatuck Valley Community College.

He shares the property with his estranged ex-girlfriend and their 5-year-old son. The child's mother, Anne Marie Kelly Jacobs, has full custody of the boy. The couple's relationship broke down a year ago, and Jacobs had been living in the barn, where most of the weapons were found. The mother first called police Oct. 5 after finding six loaded handguns in a dresser drawer inside the house. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

GWB

United States

#1 Oct 19, 2007
Estranged ex-girlfriend, sounds like there may be a civil case involved and she is putting the wood to this gentlemen.
freedomlover

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Oct 23, 2007
Hold on a minute...

Just seeing the phrase "assault weapon" already made this article lose credibility. It's truly pathetic that in the Information Age, so many "journalists" don't bother to get the simplest of technical information correct. It's made even worse when politicians and cops show the same kind of willful ignorance.

But add to it that Jacobs' and his ex-girlfriend have a five year old son and only AFTER their relationship goes bad she finds out he's a gun owner? It's truly sad that a jilted EX can use someone's status as gun owner against them. This story is further proof that restrictive gun laws harm far more innocent people than they supposedly protect.
JO-JO

AOL

#3 Oct 23, 2007
THIS IS CRAZY, THIS GUYS MY TEACHER AND I ALWAYS KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH HIM HE REALLY DIDN'T TEACH MUCH BUT WANTED US TO DO ALOT. I GLAD HE IS IN JAIL I STILL ATTEND THE COLLEGE AND WOULD NOT FEEL SAFE WITH HIM THERE.
he was my professor

Naugatuck, CT

#4 Oct 23, 2007
this man was a nut job in class image him with a gun wow
he was my professor

Naugatuck, CT

#5 Oct 23, 2007
this guy was a nut jon in class imagine him with a gun wow
former student

Avon, CT

#6 Oct 26, 2007
Jacobs was my professor aswell. He was a strange man, but as my sociology teacher I must admit I expected him to be odd. I wouldn't feel safe if he were to return to school though, not after hearing of his illegal gun collection and OVER A DOZEN BOMB MAKING MANUALS. What if he were to bring these things to school! I can also appreciate that yes I find it strange that his ex girlfriend is bringing this up now. I find it VERY hard to believe she was unaware of 350 guns in here home. BULL! So, in conclusion, there are both nuts! He's an odd demeanored gun collecter who researches bomb making while teaching college, and she's a bitter ex trying to seek revenge on Jacobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moodus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
News State Looking Into Complaints About Essex Business (Jun '08) May '16 Consumer Advocate 44
News Shoreline Town Balks At Possible New Amtrak Line Apr '16 Foamer King 6
News Riz' Blog Review: How to Succeed in Business" a... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Ding92 2
lets get vote to tear down swing bridge (May '15) Mar '16 Spicegirl 3
if yur car is repo'd call larry pittman jam rec... (Oct '10) Feb '16 notthistime101 14
News Jury Selection Starts In Retrial Of Man Accused... Feb '16 Citizen44 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moodus Mortgages