Traffic conditions dismal in parts of...

Traffic conditions dismal in parts of state

There are 32 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Apr 24, 2007, titled Traffic conditions dismal in parts of state. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

The slippery conditions combined with the rainy and snowy weather have made for difficult driving throughout the state Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Best Gov

Colorado Springs, CO

#21 Apr 24, 2007
Gov Ritter is the man. I have NEVER seen a Gov walk the streets of Denver like a normal citizen until Ritter. He is doing all the right things thus far for our state.
Do it yourself

Denver, CO

#22 Apr 25, 2007
It's not 9News' responsibility to tell you about road closures or traffic problems. That's not NEWS. Go to the Department of Transportation's website if you want info on that stuff.

www.dot.state.co.us

Sheesh, people - try to find info on your own instead of waiting for it to be spoon-fed to you.
Matt

Hamilton, MT

#23 Apr 25, 2007
The Department of Transportation really dropped the ball on this storm. There MUST be a better way to deal with the road conditions experienced yesterday. Unless you just moved to Colorado, or were born yesterday, this happens every year. The failure to respond and maintain or close roads before hundreds of cars/people were stranded was absolutely crazy.

On the other hand...to all you drivers out there who contributed to the problem: Learn how to drive in winter, or stay off the roads!! There were so many jerks who thought they would go around the traffic and got stuck themselves that it surely amplified the problem and prevented CDOT and towing companies from maintaining the road and rescuing those who were stuck.

My wife, 3 year old daughter and I were stuck on I-25 near Larkspur without moving for 4 hours! It took 5 hours to get from Denver Metro to Colo. Springs! The worst part is that there was no warning. COtrip.com simply stated that Monument hill was icy/snowpacked. If there had been better information available on Radio/TV/internet we (and presumably many others) would have avoided that drive! As a result it would have been much better for those that had no choice!
Tragic

Louisville, CO

#24 Apr 25, 2007
How many people are prepared for this?

Do you have food, water, blankets in your vehicle?

If you live in Colorado and you do not, especially if you're traveling through the mountains, this is something you should seriously consider.
jus sayin

Scottsdale, AZ

#25 Apr 25, 2007
Matt wrote:
The Department of Transportation really dropped the ball on this storm. There MUST be a better (and on and on and on and on!
want a little cheese with that whine......????
jus sayin

Scottsdale, AZ

#26 Apr 25, 2007
If he's in a warm car, and the only inconvenience is the "wait", oh well... it's springtime in the Rockies, sweetie pie.... sheesh, some of you people act like children that can't help themselves - GROW UP!!!!!!
Jeanette wrote:
Is there a major accident or accidents on I-25 Southbound from Denver to CO Springs?
I understand that the chain laws are in effect but would account for traffic to be at a stand still for hours and hours? There have been no reports of anything that would help to explain this (other than trucks having to stop to put on chains).
My husband keeps calling me from having been stuck now for almost 4 hours from the Monument hill area, and I have no news of anything to tell him. He says that the snow is coming so heavily and traffic is at such a stand still that people have to get out of their cars to brush the snow off from time to time.
If anyone has an any additional information, I'd appreciate it.
jus sayin

Scottsdale, AZ

#27 Apr 25, 2007
Jose wrote:
How about conditions on LaVeta Pass. It has been snowing all day and chain law is in effect for commercial vehicles. Or you don't care about us.
You keep whining, I guarantee we won't care..... Damn, you melt in the snow, brother? Grow up and take it like a man!
Brittany

Otis, CO

#28 Apr 25, 2007
I hate it when the power goes out
Brennan Wells

Colorado Springs, CO

#29 Apr 25, 2007
According to the receipt from the Western Convenience store on Wolfensberger Rd, I left Castle rock SB on I-25 at 11:54 AM. I made it to the weigh station in Monument exactly 20 miles away at 4:08 PM. I just feel sorry for the multiple cars I passed that were out of gas. No heat, no radio, no idea how long we'd be stuck.
Brennan Wells

Colorado Springs, CO

#30 Apr 25, 2007
I agree with the others, though. I had water, filled up with gas, coffee, beef jerky, etc atht econvenience store. That's in addition to the coat, space blanket, emergency catalytic heater, MREs, etc that always stay in the car until June or so. All in all, it was a pleasant time to clean out the glove box, clear out he junk under the seats, and catch up on emails via BlackBerry! I love springtime in the Rockies!
finally a solution

Denver, CO

#31 Apr 25, 2007
nanners wrote:
i blame the weather on 9 news. lets start watching channel 4. 9 news is horrible
I agree, if we watch a channel with better forecasts the weather will improve accordingly.
eman

Denver, CO

#32 Apr 25, 2007
Tragic wrote:
How many people are prepared for this?
Do you have food, water, blankets in your vehicle?
The more you read these message boards, the more you realize too many people expect to be taken care of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monument Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bond reduced for drifter linked to Mount Herman... Nov 26 HikerDS 3
roger and tammy byl AD FRAUD (Aug '09) Nov 15 aol 4
News A black student wrote those racist messages tha... Nov 12 Jonjedi 5
"Cross"ed Woodland Park Off Our List (Jun '13) Nov 11 Fact of the Matter 8
News Residents say wolf-hybrid pack may be loose nea... (Apr '08) Nov 11 Fact of the Matter 16
Rental homes? Jul '17 TheFNG 1
News Drug enforcement agents raiding Monument home f... (May '17) May '17 Jason 2

Monument Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monument Mortgages