Traffic conditions dismal in parts of state

There are 32 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Apr 24, 2007, titled Traffic conditions dismal in parts of state. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

The slippery conditions combined with the rainy and snowy weather have made for difficult driving throughout the state Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cheryl

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 24, 2007
Here we are almost May with treacherous, snowy travel again for our work week commutes. However, now we pay nearly $3 a gallon for the priviledge of tackling these painful roads. Will we ever get a repreive from all this?
John

Denver, CO

#2 Apr 24, 2007
[QUOTE who="Cheryl "However, now we pay nearly $3 a gallon for the priviledge of tackling these painful roads. Will we ever get a repreive from all this?[/QUOTE]

The gas tax for roads is a flat tax per gallon (I believe around $.20 per gal), so it wouldn't matter if we paid 8.00 per gallon the same amount of money still goes to fund roads.
Jeanette

Englewood, CO

#3 Apr 24, 2007
Is there a major accident or accidents on I-25 Southbound from Denver to CO Springs?

I understand that the chain laws are in effect but would account for traffic to be at a stand still for hours and hours? There have been no reports of anything that would help to explain this (other than trucks having to stop to put on chains).

My husband keeps calling me from having been stuck now for almost 4 hours from the Monument hill area, and I have no news of anything to tell him. He says that the snow is coming so heavily and traffic is at such a stand still that people have to get out of their cars to brush the snow off from time to time.

If anyone has an any additional information, I'd appreciate it.
ah no

Denver, CO

#4 Apr 24, 2007
ah duh - don't you mean Las Animals county - there is no 125 in or near the town of Las Animas.
kathleen

United States

#5 Apr 24, 2007
Cheryl: This really is not that unusual for Denver in April. Heck, I've seen snow in Denver every month of the year, except July. As far as the "painful roads", I really think crews are doing the best they can given the equipment and budgets that they have to work with.
Jose

Pagosa Springs, CO

#6 Apr 24, 2007
How about conditions on LaVeta Pass. It has been snowing all day and chain law is in effect for commercial vehicles. Or you don't care about us.
Jose

Pagosa Springs, CO

#7 Apr 24, 2007
We are still part of Colorado believe it or not
Jose

Pagosa Springs, CO

#8 Apr 24, 2007
You mean San Luis, Co. not Cullen, LA.
Threads of Life

Englewood, CO

#9 Apr 24, 2007
Cheryl wrote:
Here we are almost May with treacherous, snowy travel again for our work week commutes. However, now we pay nearly $3 a gallon for the priviledge of tackling these painful roads. Will we ever get a repreive from all this?
No. You live in CO so deal with it.
Ken

Parker, CO

#10 Apr 24, 2007
Move back from where you came from if you can't handle it!
common sense

Orange Park, FL

#11 Apr 24, 2007
Springtime in the Rockies.........
TV Station Producer

United States

#12 Apr 24, 2007
I-25 southbound has been closed for the past hour from Lincoln to Colorado Springs. Why does it always take so long to update on this website?
Melvin

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 24, 2007
check out the cherry creek walkway/bicycle track along speer, it has overflooded completely if you are still downtown. Amazing to look at.
Christina

Aurora, CO

#14 Apr 24, 2007
I hope this does not interrupt my BINGO night...

Since: Apr 07

Castle Rock, CO

#15 Apr 24, 2007
TV Station Producer wrote:
I-25 southbound has been closed for the past hour from Lincoln to Colorado Springs. Why does it always take so long to update on this website?
STILL nothing about this. With the population that lives in Castle Rock you'd think this would be something that would be pretty important!! Luckily my wife heard about it being closed from another news source so we know to find another way home instead of sitting on 25 for 4 hours to get from County Line to Lincoln like we did when they closed it in December!!!

Since: Apr 07

Fontana, CA

#16 Apr 24, 2007
BigDaveZJ wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL nothing about this. With the population that lives in Castle Rock you'd think this would be something that would be pretty important!! Luckily my wife heard about it being closed from another news source so we know to find another way home instead of sitting on 25 for 4 hours to get from County Line to Lincoln like we did when they closed it in December!!!
if you look closely at the end of this piece, there is a 'clickable' link for traffic updates.
nanners

Memphis, TN

#17 Apr 24, 2007
i blame the weather on 9 news. lets start watching channel 4. 9 news is horrible
Lynda

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Apr 24, 2007
The website you should be checking is www.cotrip.org - it is maintained by the state rather than the news organizations, it is updated every few minutes, and it has cameras as well as the state's assessment of the road conditions. Very useful!
Lynda

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Apr 24, 2007
BigDaveZJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this information was available on the website - this article - before 4:00.
Jimmy

Boulder, CO

#20 Apr 24, 2007
BigDaveZJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop you're whining. Check out cotrip.org , http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/traffic/traff... , or kmgh\9 news\fox.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monument Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
poker and sports betting (Nov '13) May 21 Lisa 3
News Storm leaves slick roads in Woodland Park May 10 Concernedinwy 1
News ADHD Stigma Mar '15 Vaccines Cause ADHD 3
News Trudy Rubin: Time to confront Putina s lies Mar '15 RUSSKI GO HOME 56
Christmas Shoppers:-O Dec '14 Margaret 3
News Coloradan makes the top 12 of "America's Got Ta... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Geri Colson 1
News Colorado Springs teacher goes public with reaso... (Apr '14) May '14 Local 5
More from around the web

Monument People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]