Monument, Colorado couple wins suit a...

Monument, Colorado couple wins suit against Hyundai over daughter's...

There are 7 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from May 6, 2010, titled Monument, Colorado couple wins suit against Hyundai over daughter's.... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Three years ago, Lisa and Stu Goodner lost their 19-year old daughter, Sarah, in a tragic traffic accident when their Hyundai Tuscon rolled over three times and ejected the teen, even tho she was wearing her shoulder/lap seat belt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

Ryan

Denver, CO

#1 May 6, 2010
You have go to be kidding me! These two kids fall asleep at the wheel, wreck their car and their parents have the nerve to sue the car company. What is wrong with america now a days? Does suing this car company bring your daughter back? Nope, but it buys you a nice new house and a BMW. I hope you are reading this because you are a disgrace for doing this, stupid parents.
Wow

Denver, CO

#2 May 6, 2010
I have to agree with you Ryan. Of course seat belts won't work when the seat is reclined, you are over 12 inches away from the belt..driving while sleepy is just as dangerous as driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Was my understanding that a 16 year old was driving? Not enough experience in that car. Sorry for the loss, but where were the parents on such a long road trip.
Basque1

Denver, CO

#3 May 6, 2010
What a terrible tragedy! A parent's worst fears....an inexperienced driver and all that entails.
I have no idea how these folks never heard about the dangers of reclining seats and seat belts - it's been commmon knowledge among the folks I know. I've never allowed my kids to recline in the seat to sleep if the car was in motion: it's just too dangerous.
I hope that more people will hear about this and will not just blame Hyundai but ACT by refusing to allow their kids or anyone they know to recline in the car when it's in motion.
Again, I am so very sorry for these folks and for Rebekah. A horrible, horrible loss.
strunk

United States

#4 May 6, 2010
It's a "Tucson", not a "Tuscon". You're a news organization, can you at least get that right?
Ryan

Denver, CO

#5 May 6, 2010
strunk wrote:
It's a "Tucson", not a "Tuscon". You're a news organization, can you at least get that right?
Who cares?! That's all you have to say about that article?
americana

Denver, CO

#6 May 7, 2010
Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?! That's all you have to say about that article?
I care. I'm sick of the state of our grammar and punctuation and usage, and the misspelling and misuse of words makes me cringe.
Especially when it is hideously misused my people who have college degrees and write for news organizations.
Stinko_Da_Mayo

United States

#7 May 7, 2010
Maybe the parents feel better that it can blame the car company for their daughters death, instead of blaming their own sleepy little "princess". Have fun with the money, it won't bring you any happiness, certainly won't bring your daughter back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monument Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smoker friendly Mar 24 Bob515 1
What was the name of the nice restaurant just n... Mar '17 Eli 1
Daniel Etcheison Nov '16 Chicky 1
News Manchin to nominate 40 students for US service ... Nov '16 Ben 1
New Businesses in Monument Area (Jul '16) Jul '16 agaddy 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Amy Stephens as State Represe... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Gail Lovelace 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Doug Lamborn as Representative? (Nov '15) Nov '15 Gail Lovelace 1

Monument Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monument Mortgages