Niagara forges ahead with plans for L...

Niagara forges ahead with plans for Lake water-bottling plant

There are 22 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 21, 2008, titled Niagara forges ahead with plans for Lake water-bottling plant. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A California company may change course to ensure that it opens a bottled-water plant in south Lake County despite huge opposition from local governments and residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
beckster

Ocala, FL

#24 May 26, 2008
Write your Congressmen, write your Governor (c/o McCain, lol), write your Senators. Their e-mail addresses are public information and you can write them anytime of day or night.
Rapid

Norway, ME

#25 Aug 21, 2010
Montverder wrote:
I cant even water my lawn more than 2 days a week legally , but I have to watch it die and will have to replace it in a few years. Yet an outside company can come in , get a permit and remove millions of gallons of water from the LOCAL aquifer depleting local wells dry and its perfectly legal AND make profits off of it. And to boot shipp the water elsewhere. Lets not forget Bella Collina and its golf course who are permitted to suck thousands of gallons a day for the benefit of who ? I dont think I have seen a single golfer on that golf course every time I drive by it for the past year. And lets not forget its not even open to the public -its a private elitist entity consuming a coveted precious local resource. People its time to protect our local water resources and keep them local - benefitting locals. Where will Niagara or Bella Collina be when we need to build or expand our current treatment plants due to increased demand caused partailly by them ? Your bills will go up as a result to fund treatment plant expansion. Will they offer to help defray some of those costs directly related to their consumption ? Say no to Niagara.

the next time your water supply is poluted by e coli you'll beg Niagara for a bottle of clean water

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montverde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
S.A.F.E. Community Self Defense Workshop - Enro... Jan '18 ibrahamahmed 1
Bring Dale Peavey to Justice Dec '17 Justice is Coming 1
Review: Ocoee Observer (Jul '10) Oct '17 Donna Kelly 4
Bi gay clermont minneola florida (May '16) Oct '17 Keith 2
where did chiropractor move to? Sep '17 MrBridges 1
Pest Control In Winter Garden www.orlandopestco... Sep '17 Eded 1
Mature, open minded adults, activities (May '15) Sep '17 MerrySm 3

Montverde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance