Lake County teacher won't face charge...

Lake County teacher won't face charges in classroom wrestling s...

There are 8 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 28, 2008, titled Lake County teacher won't face charges in classroom wrestling s.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Prosecutors decided Tuesday not to file criminal charges against a Clermont Middle School science teacher whose classroom body-slam of an eighth-grader became a video sensation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

eaglecoach04

United States

#1 May 28, 2008
"The video attracted national attention from cable-news programs, which ran the raw footage showing Berry and a 14-year-old student wrestling in the middle of a science classroom."

I wonder if they will show this information as a follow up. Talk about being judged by the media.
Bill

Orlando, FL

#2 May 28, 2008
eaglecoach04 wrote:
"The video attracted national attention from cable-news programs, which ran the raw footage showing Berry and a 14-year-old student wrestling in the middle of a science classroom."
I wonder if they will show this information as a follow up. Talk about being judged by the media.
You have got to be kidding! Most of the media does not correct anything or follow-up. Sensationalism sells, the truth more often than not, does not.
Speedy Gonzalez

Wentworth, NH

#3 May 28, 2008
I don't know anything about this case ,, but I bet that this teacher is one of the best educators in the school. He just got a little carried away. So what. I'd like to see a video of the kids when asked what kind of teacher this guy is..
Jack Webb

Osteen, FL

#4 May 28, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding! Most of the media does not correct anything or follow-up. Sensationalism sells, the truth more often than not, does not.
Never any follow-up on
Armando Simon the Clermont teacher
for talking about sex and drugs.
Disappeared.
just saying

United States

#5 May 28, 2008
Just another way of turning from the real issue like GAS and people loosing their houses.This place sucks.
Locke was right

Winter Garden, FL

#6 May 28, 2008
The media does not do any follow-up because most of the population has the attention span of a fruit fly. I'll bet 90% of them who heard this story have already forgotten all about it.
Bill

Orlando, FL

#7 May 28, 2008
I'll take your bet, I Think It Would Be Closer To 99%.

Since: May 08

Leesburg Fl

#8 May 29, 2008
Call me the one percenter... I'm glad the state decided not to pursue charges against Berry. I hope he lets his resignation stand so this can all be put behind him and he gets on with his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montverde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad Neff 5 Star Landscape Maintance LLC 6 hr Jerry 2
Review: El Patio Barber Shop Jul 18 ZIDM 1
News Tavares poised to restrict where sex offenders,... (Dec '07) Jul 11 MerrySM 19
cherise marie vasquez Jun '15 aptmanager 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Clermont, FL (Jan '12) Jun '15 MerrySM 30
Debate: Marijuana - Clermont, FL (Sep '10) May '15 MerrySM 14
Is God real (Jan '07) May '15 MerrySM 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montverde Mortgages