Deputy tells actor to reduce his speed

There are 10 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 31, 2007, titled Deputy tells actor to reduce his speed. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

When a Lake County deputy sheriff stopped a vehicle Friday for slightly speeding, he probably didn't realize the driver was in a rush to save the town from a horrible virus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Kathy

AOL

#1 Mar 31, 2007
Not sure if this is a good idea for this small town. We have enough traffic now on 455 and this will bring in more.
WOMANINRED

Orange City, FL

#2 Mar 31, 2007
Glad that LEO is on the job. Can you believe this CRIMINAL was going a FOUR MILES PER HOUR over the speed limit !! They should have thrown the book at him and tasered him a few times.

I am being sarcastic..........

And LEOs wonder why people don't respect them. Deal with REAL crime and serious dangerous drivers. But I guess it is easier to pull over someone going 4 mph over than to do real work
Mitch

United States

#3 Mar 31, 2007
39 in a 36 zone ? Sounds like Barney Fife was on duty.
Lakester

Maitland, FL

#4 Mar 31, 2007
Ya gotta love Mont Verde and Howey! If you're 4 mph over the speed limit, you're a hardened criminal! If you go at or just below the limit, you're a suspected drug carrier! I've always enjoyed blowing the carbon out of my car just outside their city limits!
montverder

United States

#5 Apr 2, 2007
Get a life officer Fife ..39 in a 35 ? He probably asked Sheriff Andy for his bullet that day. What will he do when the Bella Collina celebrities start going 120 in their Ferraris from Bella Collina around CR 455 ?
Meg

Washington, DC

#6 Apr 2, 2007
Mitch wrote:
39 in a 36 zone ? Sounds like Barney Fife was on duty.
I'm tired of cops TAILGATING me when I am traveling the speed limit!
The Egg Lady

Orlando, FL

#7 Apr 2, 2007
montverder wrote:
Bella Collina celebrities
There are 'celebrities' that are willing to pay top dollar to live on a polluted lake??
SASSY

Altamonte Springs, FL

#8 Apr 2, 2007
Meg wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm tired of cops TAILGATING me when I am traveling the speed limit!
Isn't that the truth.
Coming through Apopka one day, I had a motocycle cop behind me (I was doing the speed limit)people were blowing by me, driving down the suicide lanes etc...but when SHE passed me, she turned and looked at me and shook her head. I mean ... wtf?!!!
Gray

AOL

#9 Apr 8, 2007
What happened to the 5over Rule, what a jerk....
Ashley Sullivan

El Paso, TX

#10 Apr 9, 2007
my friend is an extra in this movie, which is cool, and chad jamian williams is also in it as a featured role, he's an orlando actor that grew up in my town down south. florida talent rocks i cant wait 2 see this flick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montverde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Tropic Sips Fri Dalbritton 1
Let God Sort Them Out May 11 the circus is in ... 1
The guy who shot at GZ May 11 the circus is in ... 1
No Sympathy For GZ from me May 11 the circus is in ... 1
gz May 11 the circus is in ... 1
Mark O Meara Cut GZ Loose............... May 11 the circus is in ... 1
George Zimmerman Drama Continues May 11 the circus is in ... 1
More from around the web

Montverde People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE