Who courted whom? New accusations in ...

Who courted whom? New accusations in battle over bottler

There are 48 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 24, 2008, titled Who courted whom? New accusations in battle over bottler. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Miffed that the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission lured Niagara Bottling to a site near Groveland, County Commissioner Jennifer Hill wants to cut Lake's contribution to the agency and use the money ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Larson

Sanford, FL

#42 Aug 25, 2008
Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite sure of this. I did read in the Sentinel that county staff reported that there is no record of how many private wells exist in Lake. Staff wanted to hire more staff to prepare 'water conservation literature'and other activities to mail(?)to county residents.
Its just that staff said there was no money to fund this.
But, private wells in Lake are unregulated and if regulated the owners could be charged a fee which would pay for their program!
It was noted that Lake County does not have a water department; which begs the question why not let the public utilities do this.
I don't see the difference in Niagra using aquifer water in Lake County or Budweiser using aquifer water in Tampa or Pepsi using aquifer water in Jacksonville. It's the same aquifer and the same water....also the same water these Lake County morons use to water their lawns. It is okay to use aquifer water from another county or state for beer or cola but not okay for bottled water in their county.
Seems an oxymoron but I'm sure these whiners are too ill educated to understand it.
Town of Montverde 34756

Tavares, FL

#43 Aug 25, 2008
Larson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the difference in Niagra using aquifer water in Lake County or Budweiser using aquifer water in Tampa or Pepsi using aquifer water in Jacksonville. It's the same aquifer and the same water....also the same water these Lake County morons use to water their lawns. It is okay to use aquifer water from another county or state for beer or cola but not okay for bottled water in their county.
Seems an oxymoron but I'm sure these whiners are too ill educated to understand it.
Have you seen the water in Lake Apopka? Heard anything about it's (nonexistent) water quality? A newspaper article from Winter Garden in the late 1930's decried the pollution in Lake Apopka and questioned how long would it take until it was clean. The answer? Eighty years isn't nearly enough.

Interesting that nobody posts about the Tower Chemical issue. Am I wrong, is it really a nonissue?

Does nobody care that people are paying good money for bottles of water that come out of the ground a mile and a half from where the groundwater was routinely polluted for MORE THAN THIRTY YEARS?
Town of Montverde 34756

Tavares, FL

#44 Aug 25, 2008
If someone was offering you water pulled 1.5 miles from The Love Canal at a dollar a liter, would you buy that and drink it, too?
Go Figure

Ocala, FL

#45 Aug 25, 2008
Town of Montverde 34756 wrote:
If someone was offering you water pulled 1.5 miles from The Love Canal at a dollar a liter, would you buy that and drink it, too?
RELAX, I seen the report. Lets see.... I am sure they have the USDA and others checking their product. I sure they have some kind of wicked filtration that will take any poisons out of the water. You don't just open the tap and bottle it without filtration from specialized filters. Can you imagine them pouring that kind of money into pushing bad water? Can you imagine that some environmental wacko organization testing their water to only find poisons in it? I am sure they cover this kind of issue. I am sure reverse osmosis takes care of this kind of crap. Town of Montverde....Get Real and Relax, TOWER sure is awful close to what you and your family source of water... Maybe you would be safer drinking Niagara Products....Second thought if they are some wicked evil Corporation, buy stock!!!
Aloof

Jacksonville, FL

#46 Aug 25, 2008
Miller is a schill wrote:
Miller is a lapdog for developers...bark bark. He's Catherine Hanson with pants.
Right. The alternative to Hill is not an option. What we need is a good democrat to run up on these crooks.
Still Dont Care

Frisco, TX

#47 Aug 25, 2008
If a politician is involved, you can bet there is something wrong.

You idiots who think Republicans or Democrats make difference are crazy! They are all politicians! My God, you can't vote them out. There is always another one. Honest people don't become politicians. Not until they don't pay them anyway.
HIll Thrill

Ocala, FL

#48 Aug 25, 2008
stinks to high heaven...Liar...Do anything to keep 'her' job... too muchy pandering to the minority... AT least his pants has b@lls...Still wondering about the Cad...

www.truthfromproof.com
Harry

Sanford, FL

#49 Aug 25, 2008
Town of Montverde 34756 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the water in Lake Apopka? Heard anything about it's (nonexistent) water quality? A newspaper article from Winter Garden in the late 1930's decried the pollution in Lake Apopka and questioned how long would it take until it was clean. The answer? Eighty years isn't nearly enough.
Interesting that nobody posts about the Tower Chemical issue. Am I wrong, is it really a nonissue?
Does nobody care that people are paying good money for bottles of water that come out of the ground a mile and a half from where the groundwater was routinely polluted for MORE THAN THIRTY YEARS?
OH GOD! THE SKY IS FALLING! OUR WATER! OUR WATER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montverde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
S.A.F.E. Community Self Defense Workshop - Enro... Jan 16 ibrahamahmed 1
Bring Dale Peavey to Justice Dec 30 Justice is Coming 1
Review: Ocoee Observer (Jul '10) Oct '17 Donna Kelly 4
Bi gay clermont minneola florida (May '16) Oct '17 Keith 2
where did chiropractor move to? Sep '17 MrBridges 1
Pest Control In Winter Garden www.orlandopestco... Sep '17 Eded 1
Mature, open minded adults, activities (May '15) Sep '17 MerrySm 3

Montverde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance