Local builders keeping busy, looking ...

Local builders keeping busy, looking ahead

There are 2 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 21, 2007, titled Local builders keeping busy, looking ahead. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In 2004, Lake County issued more than 3,000 permits to build single-family homes in the unincorporated area plus Clermont, Montverde and Umatilla, for which the county handles permitting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

billard88

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Sep 21, 2007
Thank you Lauren for such an excellent article. I would say that I hope Magruder reads this article but I know it would make no difference to him. He is only concerned with construction of mass numbers of houses that lead to large purchases of lumber. It doesn't matter to him that those jobs are temporary and attract a transient work force. We need more Phillipses and Carusos and many, many less Magruders!!!
Off subject but still important.....He has even slammed the poor, working people he claims to support and represent in his recent quote in the sour orange. He said "It amazes me that those who pay the least in taxes demand the most voice in how the government spends our money." Way to go Mr. Magruder.
JAS Clermont

United States

#3 Sep 23, 2007
It's good to know that there are some builders "out there" who are still interested in quality rather than quantity. It's no secret that, when large numbers are involved, caring and quality fall by the wayside, and are replaced with only dollar signs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montverde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida Travel Ball (Jun '10) Wed Todd 18
Gov. Scott Stop Illegal Gang Stalking and Crook... (Mar '17) Apr '18 Brian 4
Martha Marie and Randall Honaker Apr '18 SusanT021687 1
Is God real (Jan '07) Mar '18 Feelings and Stuff 7
Celebrities in Bella Collina... (Aug '07) Mar '18 Montverde Real Es... 5
Meritage Homes Builds A New Master Community Wa... (Aug '14) Mar '18 Montverde Real Es... 9
John Beaver is a Drunk Legend (Jul '16) Jul '16 Sharin Peter 1

Montverde Jobs

Personal Finance

Montverde Mortgages