VSP Trooper Adam M. Bowen's service i...

VSP Trooper Adam M. Bowen's service is Tuesday

There are 1 comment on the blogs.fredericksburg.com story from Jun 26, 2011, titled VSP Trooper Adam M. Bowen's service is Tuesday. In it, blogs.fredericksburg.com reports that:

Trooper’s service is Tuesday

This announcement of a memorial service for Trooper Adam Maynard Bowen was published in today’s Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Funeral services will be held at Washington & Lee High School, Montross, Va. at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28, 2011. The family will receive friends prior to the services from 10 to 12 noon.

The trooper died Friday night in a crash in King George County while responding to a fellow trooper’s call for help.

Bowen became a Virginia State Police Trooper in 2008. He was also a veteran of the Air National Guard having served in Iraq. Survivors are his father, Glenn R. Bowen; his mother, R. Sue Bowe; his fiancee, Rachel Michelle Michie; his brother, Kevin R. Bowen; and his grandparents, L. Randolph Bowen, Beatrice Bowen; his niece, Kylie M. Bowen. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Maynard Alderman.

The obituary states that Adam will always be his brother’s hero and he will always be the love of his family and fiancee’s heart. It may not have been on paper but Adam and Rachel were husband and wife, he is the love of her life now and forever, and that will never change. .

By Cathy Dyson on June 26th, 2011 8:31 am

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.fredericksburg.com.

Trish Stephens

Colonial Beach, VA

#1 Jun 27, 2011
I am so sorry for the loss of this brave man....Our hearts and prayers are with his family and fiance at this difficult time. Just always remember he is with the Lord now and at peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect caught after wild chase NEW: Authoritie... (Jul '07) Dec '15 wtcsret 2
Tuck park (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ralph 1
News Salmon charged with murder stemming from 2006 s... (May '09) May '15 Chris M Lanning 105
Locksmith Service (Nov '09) May '15 Gerald Vonberger 4
News Colonial Beach raises water rates (Jul '12) Sep '14 Geddes Fan 80
News Three arrested on drug charges (May '12) Jul '14 oops 15
Review: Fat Finch Cafe (Jul '11) May '14 corbin franklin 24

Montross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montross Mortgages