another shooting in the county

Posted in the Montross Forum

Bubba

United States

#1 Oct 28, 2008
Man sought in tavern shooting
October 28, 2008 12:00 am
BY FRANK DELANO
Westmoreland County police are seeking a 27-year-old Mount Holly man on charges stemming from a shooting at the Coles Point Tavern that left three people wounded.
According to Sheriff’s Maj. John L. Hoover III, Bernard Lee of Hague, Sinobia Clarke of Essex County and Lamont Turner of Hague were struck by pistol bullets in the attack that occurred shortly before 1:28 a.m. Saturday in the tavern’s parking lot.
The victims were taken to hospitals by ambulance and helicopters, Hoover said. Turner and Clarke have been discharged. All three victims are expected to recover from their wounds, he said.
Authorities have charged Dawan T. Ball with the shootings.“He may have left the jurisdiction,” said Hoover, who asked persons with knowledge of Ball or the incident to call the sheriff’s office The Coles Point Tavern sits on a pier in the Maryland waters of the Potomac. According to Hoover, about 100 people had attended a party in the tavern before the shooting occurred in the parking lot on the Westmoreland County shore.
The Virginia State Police and deputies from Westmoreland, Northumberland and Richmond Counties “helped minimize additional problems with the large crowd at the scene,” Hoover said.
Martina Thompson

Franklin, MI

#2 Nov 11, 2013
This was one of the most scariest days of my life besides giving birth. That the day I thought I was never going to see my sister again. I was helpless to the situation. The ambulance took what seemed like hours to come and they took my sister and would not even let me follow the ambulance. GOD is AWSOME

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Replace DOC Leadership Aug '17 Replace DOC Leade... 1
Prison Officers Alone Aug '17 Prison Officers A... 1
Does my one vote count? (Aug '16) Aug '16 Daniel Boone 1
News Suspect caught after wild chase NEW: Authoritie... (Jul '07) Dec '15 wtcsret 2
Tuck park (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ralph 1
News Salmon charged with murder stemming from 2006 s... (May '09) May '15 Chris M Lanning 105
Locksmith Service (Nov '09) May '15 Gerald Vonberger 4

Montross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montross Mortgages