Company trying to scam me off - sent ...

Company trying to scam me off - sent collections on me!?

Posted in the Montross Forum

karynganim972

New York, NY

#1 Nov 13, 2013
Company trying to scam me off - sent collections on me!?I signed up for a free trial service for a company called ProStores in March. I signed up using my legit name and address and used a Visa Debit Card that was purchased from a non-bank related store with no information then attached to it. I cancelled the free trial via phone, but the company now claims they don't have my cancellation on record and have sent it to a collections agency which has now contacted me and is asking for $74.95. I tried contacting ProStores and was on the phone with them for over an hour. They led me nowhere and say the only way to strip it is to pay the 74.95 for services I never received and has cancelled for. Something isn't right about the whole thing and i'm not going to open my pockets to a cheating bunch of scum.

I am 16 years old - no signature was given and it was never co-signed by an parent. I used MY legit name and address. The card has no connection to me and i'd like to know how to take this further. This can't affect my credit rating, right?
lottiepod705

New York, NY

#2 Nov 13, 2013
karynganim972 wrote:
Company trying to scam me off - sent collections on me!?I signed up for a free trial service for a company called ProStores in March. I signed up using my legit name and address and used a Visa Debit Card that was purchased from a non-bank related store with no information then attached to it. I cancelled the free trial via phone, but the company now claims they don't have my cancellation on record and have sent it to a collections agency which has now contacted me and is asking for $74.95. I tried contacting ProStores and was on the phone with them for over an hour. They led me nowhere and say the only way to strip it is to pay the 74.95 for services I never received and has cancelled for. Something isn't right about the whole thing and i'm not going to open my pockets to a cheating bunch of scum.

I am 16 years old - no signature was given and it was never co-signed by an parent. I used MY legit name and address. The card has no connection to me and i'd like to know how to take this further. This can't affect my credit rating, right?.
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect caught after wild chase NEW: Authoritie... (Jul '07) Dec '15 wtcsret 2
Tuck park (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ralph 1
News Salmon charged with murder stemming from 2006 s... (May '09) May '15 Chris M Lanning 105
Locksmith Service (Nov '09) May '15 Gerald Vonberger 4
News Colonial Beach raises water rates (Jul '12) Sep '14 Geddes Fan 80
News Three arrested on drug charges (May '12) Jul '14 oops 15
Review: Fat Finch Cafe (Jul '11) May '14 corbin franklin 24

Montross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montross Mortgages