Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,284)

Showing posts 125,661 - 125,680 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
And your religious beliefs are irrelevant. Our Constitution DOES NOT CARE what religion you are. EQUAL PROTECTION OF THE LAW. It doesn't say "only for fundamentalist christians.
Our Constitution is being trampled by our current President, does that bother you too?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Wow, touched a nerve.
If a man could marry another man or a woman, and a woman could marry another woman or a man, then gender doesn't matter. The argument, do we want our government to do that act? What if, the only way to stop it is a Constitutional Amendment?
Yes, because it is already taking place.....again....YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT OR AGREE WITH IT......but it is going to happen!!

A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT IS SIMPLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because it is already taking place.....again....YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT OR AGREE WITH IT......but it is going to happen!!
A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT IS SIMPLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!
What is taking place is that in just a brew short years we went from one state banning SSM to 31 states with another couple of elections upcoming.....

The gay community also said that a majority of states would never ban SSM but yet it did happen....

The rally against SSM is large and growing and the people are as convinced that they are doing what is right as you are convinced that what you are doing is right,,,,,,,

The big difference u=is that we have about 90% of the population on our side and you have 10%

Even very liberal southern black churches are saying they will not vote for oslama over this.....

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/05/13/same...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

We're going to make it happen, starting with Noveember, a President who's pledged a Constitutional Amendment, and a congress willing to pass it with a two-thirds supermajority in both houses. We've got our work cut out for us.

We're not going to stop until we put an end to nondemocratic judicial activist attacks on husband/wife marriage.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Our Constitution is being trampled by our current President, does that bother you too?
Really? In what way is the President trampling the Constitution?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
We're going to make it happen, starting with Noveember, a President who's pledged a Constitutional Amendment, and a congress willing to pass it with a two-thirds supermajority in both houses. We've got our work cut out for us.
We're not going to stop until we put an end to nondemocratic judicial activist attacks on husband/wife marriage.
What does the office of the President have to do with a Constitutional Amendment? The President cannot initiate one, nor even vote on one.

So we can add simple arithmetic to the list of your failures, I see. You don't have a 2/3 majority in either chamber.
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Elder Perry wrote:
<quoted text>Our values will soon be your values, by hook or by crook.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/12/hfr-...
I've got to hand it to the Mormons of DC for providing the back drop to one of the funniest bits of graffiti I've ever witnessed.

Traveling west around the outer loop of the beltway as you are approaching a bridge (rail road) you can see the Mormon Tabernacle, a massive building quite reminiscent of the Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz. On that particular bridge, in large irregular white letters were the words "SURRENDER DOROTHY" neatly juxtaposed to the church in the background. Hilarious! Evidently someone with no sense of humor had it removed - Mormons, eh? It kept reappearing for a while though. Unfortunately it hasn't been redone in a couple decades. But you can still see the dark spots on the bridge where they painted green over the white letters.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
What does the office of the President have to do with a Constitutional Amendment? The President cannot initiate one, nor even vote on one. So we can add simple arithmetic to the list of your failures, I see. You don't have a 2/3 majority in either chamber.
The President has the Bully Pulpit, he can present the case of action.

We don't have a 2/3 supermajority today, but tomorrow is another day.

We'll win because we're good.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The President has the Bully Pulpit, he can present the case of action.
We don't have a 2/3 supermajority today, but tomorrow is another day.
We'll win because we're good.
Yeah.... just like Pres. Bush suggested a Marriage Amendment. Did it happen? No, it didn't.

You won't win because not everyone is this country is as stupid as you are.

Yes, tomorrow IS another day Miss Scarlett. And I'm looking forward to watching you anti-American, uneducated, fundie bigots getting your asses handed to you by the Court.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Really? In what way is the President trampling the Constitution?
The patriot act

States rights

oslamacare

Food safety act

Starting two wars without the approval of congress.

Drones.

Banning the reimportation of collectable made in the USA guns.

Stopping the oil drilling in the gulf even after a court ordered him to drop the ban

I can post them all day long........LOL

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.... just like Pres. Bush suggested a Marriage Amendment. Did it happen? No, it didn't.
You won't win because not everyone is this country is as stupid as you are.
Yes, tomorrow IS another day Miss Scarlett. And I'm looking forward to watching you anti-American, uneducated, fundie bigots getting your asses handed to you by the Court.
The vast majority are willing to vote you back to the closet today..........

Give it a few more months with a few more of the rose how post going viral..........LOL

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
What is taking place is that in just a brew short years we went from one state banning SSM to 31 states with another couple of elections upcoming.....
The gay community also said that a majority of states would never ban SSM but yet it did happen....
The rally against SSM is large and growing and the people are as convinced that they are doing what is right as you are convinced that what you are doing is right,,,,,,,
The big difference u=is that we have about 90% of the population on our side and you have 10%
Even very liberal southern black churches are saying they will not vote for oslama over this.....
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/05/13/same...
Actually......most of the states that put in place mini DOMA's did so at roughly the same time......North Carolina is the first to do so in like 10 years.......and won't be the last, but we went from 1 state that granted the right to marry for Same-Sex couples in 2004 to 6 stated by 2011 plus DC......in this year alone, we could pick up 2 maybe 3 more states!!!

We have more than 10% of the population on our side.....remember, we do have straight family, friends and supporters in general......but like all issues, things take time!!

Oh and STOP confusing me with Rose NoHo........thanks!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The patriot act
States rights
oslamacare
Food safety act
Drones.
Stopping the oil drilling in the gulf even after a court ordered him to drop the ban
The original Patriot Act was SIGNED BY BUSH......so, it was Bush who trampled the Constitution.....and committed all of those acts you listed!!!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The patriot act
States rights
oslamacare
Food safety act
Drones.
OMFG! If you reproduced, your kids should be considered for the witless protection program.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually......most of the states that put in place mini DOMA's did so at roughly the same time......North Carolina is the first to do so in like 10 years.......and won't be the last, but we went from 1 state that granted the right to marry for Same-Sex couples in 2004 to 6 stated by 2011 plus DC......in this year alone, we could pick up 2 maybe 3 more states!!!
We have more than 10% of the population on our side.....remember, we do have straight family, friends and supporters in general......but like all issues, things take time!!
Oh and STOP confusing me with Rose NoHo........thanks!!!
Wow you gained 6....LOL

We gained 30..........LOL

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Patriot Act was SIGNED BY BUSH......so, it was Bush who trampled the Constitution.....and committed all of those acts you listed!!!
Correct......And I made as much or more noise about that when he was in office..........
But oslama put it on steroids.........

To include things like indefinite detention for American citizens even if a court of law found you not guilty.......

And I agree oslama is Bush with a paint job but just because Bush did something does not make it ok for oslama to do it......

And what is so funny to me that when I was protesting on the streets about the Bush patriot act we had a even mix of conservatives and liberals.....

But now that oslama took the patriot acts and made it worse the liberals now love it........ROTFLMAO

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
OMFG! If you reproduced, your kids should be considered for the witless protection program.
Thanks for the childish schoolyard rant that proves you can't debate the facts........

Now I would be willing to bet that when Bush introduced the USA to the patriot act you had your panties in a uproar and now that oslama is doing the same thing but worse you love it.......LOL

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mrs Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, you sure defend the concealment of NAMBLA.
NAMBLA and the IGLA were one in the same from 1973 to 1994. Due to Clinton's repeal of a $119 million grant, the IGLA did a paper disavow of NAMBLA.
However, the NAMBLA officers and members who were also members of the IGLA remained.
So, why do you support NAMBLA
APA, ACLU, and IGLA all defended NAMBLA 5 times over the age of consent and all are trying to allow gays to have sex with 12 year olds.
Correct.......

The vast majority of the gay community supported nambla.......

Kevin jennings was recorded praising the leader of nambla for all of the hard work they did for gay rights.....

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mrs Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>What a lying piece of donkey dong.
There are 33 states with constitutional bans of perverted gay marriages, we just added North Carolina. 66%
But, we have 43 states with state bans on perverted gay marriages and that makes 86% which is more than 3/4.
Besides, it is a 2/3 requirement that is needed to ratify the United Constitution, but you keep lying to gays and leading them to suicides when they are disappointed.
Once again you are correct and the gays don't know what to do except sling mud........LOL

But all that does it help our case...

Many here like the rose ho has openly supported nambla and I take her post and send them far and wide.....
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Mrs Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, you sure defend the concealment of NAMBLA.
NAMBLA and the IGLA were one in the same from 1973 to 1994. Due to Clinton's repeal of a $119 million grant, the IGLA did a paper disavow of NAMBLA.
However, the NAMBLA officers and members who were also members of the IGLA remained.
So, why do you support NAMBLA
APA, ACLU, and IGLA all defended NAMBLA 5 times over the age of consent and all are trying to allow gays to have sex with 12 year olds.
Oh Jesus..... look who's back with the same old shit.... OLD being the operative word.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 125,661 - 125,680 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montrose Discussions

Search the Montrose Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 12 hr yah 237
Schaefer sentenced 24 years to life in Melody O... (Jul '10) 12 hr EddieRottinginHell 129
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr Sparky A2 7,833
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 18 hr Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
•••
•••

Montrose News Video

•••
Montrose Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Montrose Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••