To me, Billy Graham is the Man of the...

To me, Billy Graham is the Man of the 20th Century

There are 16 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Nov 5, 2008, titled To me, Billy Graham is the Man of the 20th Century. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : Billy Graham turns 90 on Friday. He is a remarkable man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

granny j

AOL

#1 Nov 6, 2008
I agree with Mr.Terrell, Billy Graham is a man of God who treats everyone the same. God bless him on his 90th birthday.
Carolina

Dillon, SC

#2 Nov 6, 2008
Best wishes to Billy Graham on his birthday. He is a fine man.
antiChristmas

Greer, SC

#3 Nov 6, 2008
a lifetime of fraud and tax evasion. ever seen the holdings of the BG ministries? cha-ching! not too different from what saddam did with all his money. except of the killing in god's name part. christians would never use god as an excuse to kill, would they?
LoveBilly

Hickory, NC

#4 Nov 6, 2008
I agree. The one man we could look up to. Sadly it feels like he is the last Saint on earth. And when he is gone we will be left with no real Spiritual leader.

Happy Birthday to a man who changed the world one person at a time.
granny j

AOL

#5 Nov 6, 2008
antiChristmas wrote:
a lifetime of fraud and tax evasion. ever seen the holdings of the BG ministries? cha-ching! not too different from what saddam did with all his money. except of the killing in god's name part. christians would never use god as an excuse to kill, would they?
You are so stupid, if you were half the man Billy Graham is then you would be a better person. It is people like you who makes idiots appear to have good sense.
Pinky

Maxton, NC

#6 Nov 6, 2008
granny j wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid, if you were half the man Billy Graham is then you would be a better person. It is people like you who makes idiots appear to have good sense.
You tell "em Granny! There will never be another like him.
Citizen

Mars Hill, NC

#7 Nov 6, 2008
antiChristmas wrote:
a lifetime of fraud and tax evasion. ever seen the holdings of the BG ministries? cha-ching! not too different from what saddam did with all his money. except of the killing in god's name part. christians would never use god as an excuse to kill, would they?
Anti, do you go to the hellholes of the world and bring food and water, build schools, build churches, dig wells? Samaritan's Purse does. See http://www.samaritanspurse.org/ . I am more familiar with Samaritan's Purse than w/ the Billy Graham Evang. Assoc., but I know both organizations have the same goals, and are run by the Graham family. I suspect that your real problem with Billy Graham is the MESSAGE he preaches. Look, if you don't agree with the goals of these organizations, don't give to them. I am thankful for the Grahams and their work. No one is perfect,(Billy Graham says that about himself, you know) and I do not worship any man, but the Grahams appear to live out the call of Christ in this world, and I and many other respect them immensely for it.
Citizen

Mars Hill, NC

#8 Nov 6, 2008
granny j wrote:
I agree with Mr.Terrell, Billy Graham is a man of God who treats everyone the same. God bless him on his 90th birthday.
Amen - Excellent article Mr. Terrell!
Native Lady

Glennville, GA

#9 Nov 6, 2008
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen - Excellent article Mr. Terrell!
Mr. Anti/Christmas
My message to you is that I am praying that God
will search your heart. You will be needing the
Lord some day, believe me we sometimes get put on
our knees.
Happy Birthday Billy the World loves you for your messages and what you stand for.
Amen

Asheville, NC

#10 Nov 6, 2008
Thanks Mr. Terrell for this great article! He is a great man! Happy Birthday!
hmm

Black Mountain, NC

#11 Nov 6, 2008
Great, well-written column! Although "Man of the 20th Century" is a bit presumptuous. Churchill, FDR, Hitler, Einstein, Stalin, Mao Zedong, John Paul II, MLK; these were people who defined the 20th Century. Billy Graham just gave an umph to the American Evangelism movement.
hmm

Black Mountain, NC

#12 Nov 6, 2008
Happy Birthday, Billy!
JFYI

Pelzer, SC

#13 Nov 6, 2008
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti, do you go to the hellholes of the world and bring food and water, build schools, build churches, dig wells? Samaritan's Purse does. See http://www.samaritanspurse.org/ . I am more familiar with Samaritan's Purse than w/ the Billy Graham Evang. Assoc., but I know both organizations have the same goals, and are run by the Graham family. I suspect that your real problem with Billy Graham is the MESSAGE he preaches. Look, if you don't agree with the goals of these organizations, don't give to them. I am thankful for the Grahams and their work. No one is perfect,(Billy Graham says that about himself, you know) and I do not worship any man, but the Grahams appear to live out the call of Christ in this world, and I and many other respect them immensely for it.
Very well said Citizen. I agree 1000%. Billy Graham
is most definitely a man of God, who has earned the
respect of every man, woman, and child, who has a heart. God has used Reverend Graham to touch people's heart in ways that has never been done. Billy & Ruth Graham both held God in a very special place in their heart and soul.
The world will be a far poorer place on the day that
God calls Billy Graham home to Heaven to spend eternity in God's kingdom, but Rev. Graham will hear
the very voice of God tell him: "Enter in thy good and faithful servant." I am sure that the rewards
awaiting him in Heaven is nothing compared though, to
the joy that he will feel when he sees his beloved
Ruth once again. Now that is a love story for sure. I would encourage everyone to read Ruth and Billy Graham's individual autobiographies. Both of these books will bless your heart beyond words.
God Bless Us All!!
JFYI

Pelzer, SC

#14 Nov 6, 2008
hmm wrote:
Great, well-written column! Although "Man of the 20th Century" is a bit presumptuous. Churchill, FDR, Hitler, Einstein, Stalin, Mao Zedong, John Paul II, MLK; these were people who defined the 20th Century. Billy Graham just gave an umph to the American Evangelism movement.
The God that Billy Graham told the world about, IS much greater than ALL of the above listed individuals, put together and multiplied by pi.
Each of the above men may have made certain decisions
that resulted in great changes across the 20th century, but Billy Graham preached the gospel unto
all the world, and changed millions of lives, that
will continue to change even more lives as the years
pass....as the people whose lives God changed after
they responded to the simple message from Rev. Graham, is passed on to the future generations.
"God so loved the world....that He gave His
only begotten Son...that whosoever believeth in Him,
should not perish, but would have life everlasting." (John 3:16)
hmm

Black Mountain, NC

#15 Nov 7, 2008
JFYI wrote:
<quoted text>
The God that Billy Graham told the world about, IS much greater than ALL of the above listed individuals, put together and multiplied by pi.
Each of the above men may have made certain decisions
that resulted in great changes across the 20th century, but Billy Graham preached the gospel unto
all the world, and changed millions of lives, that
will continue to change even more lives as the years
pass....as the people whose lives God changed after
they responded to the simple message from Rev. Graham, is passed on to the future generations.
"God so loved the world....that He gave His
only begotten Son...that whosoever believeth in Him,
should not perish, but would have life everlasting." (John 3:16)
John Paul II was the Pope of the entire Catholic Church for a quarter century. He was far more influential in spreading God's word. That's just fact; it doesn't matter which sect of Christianity you belong to.
Citizen

Mars Hill, NC

#16 Nov 7, 2008
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
John Paul II was the Pope of the entire Catholic Church for a quarter century. He was far more influential in spreading God's word. That's just fact; it doesn't matter which sect of Christianity you belong to.
No need for a contest. As a protestant, I am more familiar with the ministry of Billy Graham than of Pope John Paul II, but God calls us to different places in this world. And, as far as I can tell, both men did what God called them to do our of a heart of love for Christ. As I said before, no one but Christ is worthy of our worship, but men like these are certainly worthy of our respect and admiration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Voters Screwed Themselves & The Rest of Us 1 hr Alexs Momma 259
Michelle Bartlet 2 hr Nogood 3
Is god real im lost 5 hr toejam 109
Meth dealer in Stumptown 5 hr right here 6
Does anyone know where to find Crystal Wilson f... 5 hr Steven from swananoa 5
Michael Ross?? 5 hr Marion girl 99 1
Lacey hylemon/smith (Sep '15) 5 hr Tonya 7

Montreat Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montreat Mortgages