Atheist billboards in Asheville, elsewhere get support and slammed

There are 204 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jun 26, 2010, titled Atheist billboards in Asheville, elsewhere get support and slammed. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A billboard here and in five other North Carolina cities is drawing more attention for two missing words than it is for the three words blazoned over a U.S. flag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Troll

Hendersonville, NC

#219 Jul 8, 2010
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me ... and I got it!

So I'm at the wailing wall, standing there like a moron, with my harpoon."

A Mormon told me that they don't drink coffee. I said, "A cup of coffee every day gives you wonderful benefits." He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well, it keeps you from being Mormon ..."

I'm not Catholic, but I gave up picking my belly button for lint.

When I was a kid my dad would say, "Emo, do you believe in the Lord?" I'd say, "Yes!" He'd say, "Then stand up and shout Hallelujah!" So I would ... and I'd fall out of the roller coaster

The "Guy on the Bridge" joke can be heard on E=MO Squared (1985) which coincidentally is re-released on CD this month.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2005/sep/29/c...
Jake

United States

#220 Jul 8, 2010
Troll wrote:
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me ... and I got it!
So I'm at the wailing wall, standing there like a moron, with my harpoon."
A Mormon told me that they don't drink coffee. I said, "A cup of coffee every day gives you wonderful benefits." He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well, it keeps you from being Mormon ..."
I'm not Catholic, but I gave up picking my belly button for lint.
When I was a kid my dad would say, "Emo, do you believe in the Lord?" I'd say, "Yes!" He'd say, "Then stand up and shout Hallelujah!" So I would ... and I'd fall out of the roller coaster
The "Guy on the Bridge" joke can be heard on E=MO Squared (1985) which coincidentally is re-released on CD this month.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2005/sep/29/c...
You have some serious issues dude
Troll

Hendersonville, NC

#221 Jul 8, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text> You have some serious issues dude
I think the issue are all on your plate, dude. That's what I mean about some of you so called "religious" people. I speak with a voice of reason and it's me that has issues? Duh Typical believer's pious ego, "don't you dare tell me my god is not real, bwaaaa"! What can I do, he's not real, it's a simple fact not very difficult to understand. Geez, even kids drop Santa at some point.
Dem

Plymouth, MN

#222 Jul 8, 2010
William P Miller wrote:
PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY! A M E N !!!
This is the Bible Belt, not the "yankee transplant let's make the South like the craphole we came from" belt.
Take a knee and thank our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiving us our sins. A M E N !!!
"One Nation, UNDER GOD..."
this yankee says "do we need to kick your ass again" because we will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix's Apefriggin Amerikoon forum 3 hr Cliven 77
New management@ Woodlawn motel 7 hr disagree 4
Timmy Noblitt 7 hr bamm 4
No one cares what florida people want 7 hr Sup 2
Georgia runs out of food stamps. 7 hr Thomas Cullen 13
Robert Carpenter posting Nazi Anthem. 8 hr Thomas Cullen 10
A question for racists? 11 hr Preacher 17
More from around the web

Montreat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE