Sarah Palin dines with Rev. Billy Gra...

Sarah Palin dines with Rev. Billy Graham in NC

There are 134 comments on the Rocky Mount Telegram story from Nov 22, 2009, titled Sarah Palin dines with Rev. Billy Graham in NC. In it, Rocky Mount Telegram reports that:

Sarah Palin was having dinner Sunday with the Rev. Billy Graham a day before a planned book tour stop in eastern North Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rocky Mount Telegram.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
sharon

Townsend, GA

#1 Nov 23, 2009
well.......it's always good to have a little prayer.
Then dinner.(Then off to sell your book?)......
Finaly some people recieved food.
But those who were starving before..........
You know....food was brought to the state line,(but not let in by sarah)....by volunteers..........now this article.
At least some folks recieved something.
I hope that Rev. Graham and his son Franklin's Samaritan's Purse will be able to help more......
But I appreciate the help they gave to the starving villagers.
As far as sarah..........

Since: Jan 09

United States

#2 Nov 23, 2009
sharon wrote:
well.......it's always good to have a little prayer.
Then dinner.(Then off to sell your book?)......
Finaly some people recieved food.
But those who were starving before..........
You know....food was brought to the state line,(but not let in by sarah)....by volunteers..........now this article.
At least some folks recieved something.
I hope that Rev. Graham and his son Franklin's Samaritan's Purse will be able to help more......
But I appreciate the help they gave to the starving villagers.
As far as sarah..........
WTF?

Since: Nov 09

Brookings, SD

#3 Nov 24, 2009
Did the Graham personal Chef cook the meal? Bet there were some choice/prime cuts of meat on the table! Wonder if they served wine or just whiskey?

“Conservative for America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 24, 2009
Alberto Gonzo wrote:
Did the Graham personal Chef cook the meal? Bet there were some choice/prime cuts of meat on the table! Wonder if they served wine or just whiskey?
Yes it is nice when people who worked hard and earned their money keeping it and enjoy the fruits of their labors rather than having it redistributed to those, like you, sitting on your back side waiting for the government check. I suppose you have a problem with that. We all no you have envy eating away at your heart and are jealous of those who you see as better than you. Must make it hard to leave your house, seeing as everyone IS.

Brookings, SD

#5 Nov 24, 2009
yona wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is nice when people who worked hard and earned their money keeping it and enjoy the fruits of their labors rather than having it redistributed to those, like you, sitting on your back side waiting for the government check. I suppose you have a problem with that. We all no you have envy eating away at your heart and are jealous of those who you see as better than you. Must make it hard to leave your house, seeing as everyone IS.
Heh, heh, heh, what was that lie you said about "not attacking people", you are such a mental case. What work did Billy do to earn his $350,000 a year salary? Talk? What did Sarah do? She couldn't even handle being a mayor of a small town, they had to hire their first town manager because she was always out playing or partying. As Governor, she couldn't stay in an office, had to go home and check on the church nannies looking after her children. That "job" was so tough she quit. Why did you quit and become a scufflaw?

Brookings, SD

#6 Nov 24, 2009
yona wrote:
<quoted text>
As to my checks, I earned and paid into each of them. You on the other hand, live off your wife's labor. Thing is, I don't need the checks, they are less than my dividend and interest payments, plus, I have a job to go back to, if I wanted. My friend is leaving for Dubai for a year on 3 Dec and they need another Tech but I don't like the neighborhood, Turkey cured me of that region. You are such a loser!
Troll WITH clues

Ames, IA

#8 Nov 24, 2009
Alberto Gonzo wrote:
Their dining habits seem to bother you...time was when many families had a cook...its really none of your business, is it?

“Conservative for America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Nov 24, 2009
Alberto Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>Heh, heh, heh, what was that lie you said about "not attacking people", you are such a mental case. What work did Billy do to earn his $350,000 a year salary? Talk? What did Sarah do? She couldn't even handle being a mayor of a small town, they had to hire their first town manager because she was always out playing or partying. As Governor, she couldn't stay in an office, had to go home and check on the church nannies looking after her children. That "job" was so tough she quit. Why did you quit and become a scufflaw?
You attacked them, I pointed out your envy and animosity. What did Billy Graham do? He founded and chairs one of the largest religious ministries in the world. He used to travel the world preaching to those who wished to hear him and has worked tirelessly for charitable causes that have housed, fed, provided health care, moral support, financial support, and education to people around the world. Tell me, what have you done to earn your paycheck? I think that if the board of Rev. Graham's ministry chooses to recognize his contributions by paying him a six figure salary, clearly it is petty and pathetic of you to begrudge him what he has earned.

Sara Palin, that is easy, she was elected. You can't argue that unless you want to open the door to indepth discussion of ALL the liberal Democrats and their short comings who have been elected and are getting paid. After that she put out an autobiography and has travelled the world getting paid by people who CHOOSE to come and hear her speak. Do you have a problem with their personal freedom to choose? Again I have to ask what have you done that even nearly aproximates the scale of national and global impact either one of these two individuals you so envy?
Whatever

United States

#10 Nov 24, 2009
Alberto Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>Heh, heh, heh, what was that lie you said about "not attacking people", you are such a mental case. What work did Billy do to earn his $350,000 a year salary? Talk? What did Sarah do? She couldn't even handle being a mayor of a small town, they had to hire their first town manager because she was always out playing or partying. As Governor, she couldn't stay in an office, had to go home and check on the church nannies looking after her children. That "job" was so tough she quit. Why did you quit and become a scufflaw?
Damn Yona just give it up, you got OWNED , I mean really OWNED7349
Whatever

United States

#11 Nov 24, 2009
synechdoche wrote:
Sarah IS our next Prez and MAYBE our Prez b4 Obummy's 4 yrs are up.
They grow them really stupid up there in the North don't they ?
Whatever

United States

#12 Nov 24, 2009
I wonder of good 'Ol Billy fed her his chicken leg
Whatever

United States

#13 Nov 24, 2009
Troll WITH clues wrote:
<quoted text>
Their dining habits seem to bother you...time was when many families had a cook...its really none of your business, is it?
So sayth the family values nazi
Elaine

Ames, IA

#14 Nov 24, 2009
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text> They grow them really stupid up there in the North don't they ?
sly, like foxes is more accurate

Brookings, SD

#15 Nov 24, 2009
Troll WITH clues wrote:
<quoted text>
Being that he has been a public icon of evangelicals for over 50 years, all the while begging for money from mostly poor people, supposedly to help other people who are in worse shape than the poor he conned, Yep! Don't like conmen that prey on ignorant poor peopl!

Brookings, SD

#16 Nov 24, 2009
yona wrote:
<quoted text>
You attacked them, I pointed out your envy and animosity. What did Billy Graham do? He founded and chairs one of the largest religious ministries in the world. He used to travel the world preaching to those who wished to hear him and has worked tirelessly for charitable causes that have housed, fed, provided health care, moral support, financial support, and education to people around the world. Tell me, what have you done to earn your paycheck? I think that if the board of Rev. Graham's ministry chooses to recognize his contributions by paying him a six figure salary, clearly it is petty and pathetic of you to begrudge him what he has earned.
Sara Palin, that is easy, she was elected. You can't argue that unless you want to open the door to indepth discussion of ALL the liberal Democrats and their short comings who have been elected and are getting paid. After that she put out an autobiography and has travelled the world getting paid by people who CHOOSE to come and hear her speak. Do you have a problem with their personal freedom to choose? Again I have to ask what have you done that even nearly aproximates the scale of national and global impact either one of these two individuals you so envy?
You are definitely the most bloviating, ignorant, clueless person on earth! They are public leeches, her, sucking off the public teet for the last 10 years, Graham, sucking on the teet of religious beliefs of poor people to build his organization that not only pays him but most of his family about the same amount. Add up the cost of supporting the Graham family, houses, planes, boats, motorcycles, shooting range, servents, etc and I would be the cost is over $10 Million per year in donated money from people who could barely afford to give it. Palin, today came out prostelitizing about the "apocolypse", the gathering of the jews and such BS, one of Graham's favorite projects, they are shooting for 2012, guess he thinks thats about the time they'll be putting him in a box and Franklin and his sister will be celebrating their inheritance. Wait, they won't get one since "the End" is a coming, so sayeth Palin and Billy! I, you poor soul, served my country in the military for 22 years and anothr 8 working overseas for the government. What have you ever done in your measely life? A stint in the navy, under water with the boys and a short time at other jobs, now nothing, just leeching off the wifey!

Brookings, SD

#17 Nov 24, 2009
yona wrote:
<quoted text>
"Autobiography"? Heh, heh, heh, she can't even spell the word, much less write a book. The book was mostly put together from newspaper articles and interviews of staff and family by the evangelical nitwit that wrote the 5 Chapter comic book for Sarah! You are truly gullible, along with being self-indulged and bloviating! Did they call you "baby huey" in school?
Buncy

Asheville, NC

#18 Nov 24, 2009
synechdoche wrote:
Sarah IS our next Prez and MAYBE our Prez b4 Obummy's 4 yrs are up.
How could the latter of your two idiotic events occur, you drooling moron?

Brookings, SD

#19 Nov 24, 2009
yona wrote:
<quoted text>
"people I see as better than me"? Heh, heh, heh, in what way? Sarah is a loser as a parent, goovernor and religious nut but she is a repuglican idol, wouldn't want to be her. Billy, what has he done but scam people out of money for over 60+ years using religion as the bait? Now he is turning over his carnival to his drug using, drunken playboy son, nothing there to "envy" either! Well, the money would be nice, maybe Franklin's Harleys and cars!
Buncy

Asheville, NC

#20 Nov 24, 2009
Alberto Gonzo wrote:
Hey, wait a minute now. Sarah can kill a moose and dress it.(Well, no one ever saw her dress it.) She can slog through the mud in her galoshes and fire librarians for not removing LGBT-friendly books and highway patrolmen for dissing her sister, and she can speak in tongues and schmooze televangelistas. Does that not qualify her to be potus?

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/wa...
Yep

Ames, IA

#21 Nov 24, 2009
Alberto Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>Being that he has been a public icon of evangelicals for over 50 years, all the while begging for money from mostly poor people, supposedly to help other people who are in worse shape than the poor he conned, Yep! Don't like conmen that prey on ignorant poor peopl!
So, what do you make of the celebrity guest list at the 1st Obummer state dinner tonight? Did you see/hear that???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gloria Hensley 6 min Bz girl 4
Church pianist 3 hr scruffy 3
Stacy Vess, hittin' on a woman again 6 hr cycle 6
Teenage mom 6 hr Auntie 19
Jordan James (Dec '14) 13 hr Cool guy 6
Ace TJ (Jan '14) 16 hr saucey Pan 6
Anyone know Linda Russell Mon Gotcha 1

Montreat Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance