Billy Graham's Cove: 'to hear God better'

There are 18 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from May 17, 2008, titled Billy Graham's Cove: 'to hear God better'. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

His brother, Melvin Graham, a real estate developer, happened to spot a beautiful tract along the newly built Interstate 40 just east of Asheville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Ronald Frobnitz

United States

#1 May 18, 2008
More free advertising for the Graham money machine. Who gets the most free ink in AC-T, the Grahams or Carl Mumpower?

“8 year nightmare is over”

Since: Apr 07

Lincolnton, NC

#2 May 18, 2008
To hear your imaginary friend better?

The voices in your head are not the voice of god, but your own mental illness.

Since: Dec 07

Asheville

#3 May 18, 2008
Ronald Frobnitz wrote:
More free advertising for the Graham money machine. Who gets the most free ink in AC-T, the Grahams or Carl Mumpower?
The Grahams. Always.
Ghost Dog

United States

#4 May 18, 2008
Isolate in an environment that puts conducive pressure on a person, then indoctrinate, then ask for a donation!"Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so"??? A book written by jewish men to control the populous, convert ignorant people to believe in their "space god or goddess", right, something to believe tells the truth, a propaganda/indoctrination book that has been revised and altered from it's/"god's" original words! How much money has the Graham family made off religion, how many are employed by the organization?

“8 year nightmare is over”

Since: Apr 07

Lincolnton, NC

#5 May 18, 2008
and if you don't buy into the propaganda your are doomed to burn in hell for ever and ever, because he loves you.

People must really be desperate to buy into this crock.
Old Rose

Chandler, TX

#6 May 18, 2008
Ghost Dog wrote:
Isolate in an environment that puts conducive pressure on a person, then indoctrinate, then ask for a donation!"Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so"??? A book written by jewish men to control the populous, convert ignorant people to believe in their "space god or goddess", right, something to believe tells the truth, a propaganda/indoctrination book that has been revised and altered from it's/"god's" original words! How much money has the Graham family made off religion, how many are employed by the organization?
I believe you have been isolated too lon, Dog. Go back, and stay away from real, normal people. You don't know how to act in proper society.
BuncCyBapt

Greenville, SC

#7 May 18, 2008
Will Graham looks just like Billy? Baloney. But there is one family resemblance: altruism beaming from one eye and calculation from the other.

See for yourself:
http://www.floridabaptistwitness.com/2914.p9-...

"They're in it for the money."-- overheard at the airport just the other day, spoken by an insider about the Graham progeny.

And here's a vast wealth of information on Graham hypocrisy.(Did you notice the pun?):
http://cnt10d.tripod.com/graham.htm

See especially the Debra McCorkle article. She was living in Asheville at the time.

And take some Imodium before you read this:
http://www.eaec.org/newsletters/2006/NL2006No...
Yep

Asheville, NC

#8 May 18, 2008
Ronald Frobnitz wrote:
I wondered what the first tacky, insulting comment would be here...thanks 'frobnitz'...you not from around here are ye?

“BEAT A PAIR OF JACK'S & A FOX ”

Since: Feb 07

ASHEVILLE

#9 May 18, 2008
Ronald Frobnitz wrote:
What difference does it matter?
David C

Casar, NC

#10 May 18, 2008

Amazing how so-called "tolerant" liberals
are INtolerant of religion

Standard liberal hypocrisy
Dunn In

Greenville, SC

#11 May 18, 2008
David C wrote:
Amazing how so-called "tolerant" liberals
are INtolerant of religion
Standard liberal hypocrisy
Hypocrisy in pointing out religious hypocrites?

Such as that Billy Graham and Franklin Graham both collect over $.5 million per annum as salary plus hidden benefits? And live in great luxury?

Get thee through the eye of the needle, thou hypocrite.
Jackson Girl

United States

#12 May 18, 2008
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered what the first tacky, insulting comment would be here...thanks 'frobnitz'...you not from around here are ye?
Perhaps you could help us understand what differenee it makes where anyone is from. I evaluate everyone I come in contact with based on their character. I do my best to treat locals and newcomers alike so long as I feel like they are treating me right.

Location hidden

#13 May 18, 2008
BuncCyBapt wrote:
Will Graham looks just like Billy? Baloney. But there is one family resemblance: altruism beaming from one eye and calculation from the other.
See for yourself:
http://www.floridabaptistwitness.com/2914.p9-...
"They're in it for the money."-- overheard at the airport just the other day, spoken by an insider about the Graham progeny.
And here's a vast wealth of information on Graham hypocrisy.(Did you notice the pun?):
http://cnt10d.tripod.com/graham.htm
See especially the Debra McCorkle article. She was living in Asheville at the time.
And take some Imodium before you read this:
http://www.eaec.org/newsletters/2006/NL2006No...
Do you defend what you make at the courthouse, I assume off the backs of taxpayers. Have you done a full days work in years, I doubt it. Thier money is donated, yours is stolen from the people through a crooked system. Find another area to spew your hate on. This subject is not it!!!!!
BuncCyBapt

Greenville, SC

#14 May 18, 2008
fastsam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you defend what you make at the courthouse, I assume off the backs of taxpayers. Have you done a full days work in years, I doubt it. Thier money is donated, yours is stolen from the people through a crooked system. Find another area to spew your hate on. This subject is not it!!!!!
Attaboy, Fastsammie, get down and wallow in the gutter there, fella. Well, most xians do sooner or later, so you got plenty of company to wallow in the filth with.

And what work do you presume to say I have done which is NOT work, or didn't you know that either telling a purposeful untruth intended to defame or defaming by claiming something to be true when you don't know whether it is true or not IS A LIE? Jeez are you ever a pathetic specimen of xianity.

Now you git back underneath your rock because I have not worked in the courthouse in years, and when I did I was circumspect enough to do an honest day's work for an honest dollar, and knew which crooked judge and which crooked lawyer to stay away from and not to take on the causes of charlatans and scoundrels.
Carlos

Miami, FL

#15 May 18, 2008
DI, perhaps you need to get your facts straight before you opine.
Do you know where Billy Graham lives? My grandfather and great uncle built his home many years ago, a
simple cabin near Montreat. When no less a figure than Muhammed Ali visited, he reckoned that Rev
Graham was living what he preached.
Are there excesses amongst those who claim allegiance to Christ? Sadly, yes.
The question for everyone in here is, "Who do you say Jesus is?" Ultimately, He is the one with Whom we have to do. Beware of setting up "straw men,women".
Dunn In wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy in pointing out religious hypocrites?
Such as that Billy Graham and Franklin Graham both collect over $.5 million per annum as salary plus hidden benefits? And live in great luxury?
Get thee through the eye of the needle, thou hypocrite.
Denis Diderot

Greenville, SC

#16 May 19, 2008
Carlos wrote:
DI, perhaps you need to get your facts straight before you opine.
Do you know where Billy Graham lives? My grandfather and great uncle built his home many years ago, a
simple cabin near Montreat.
Simple log cabin, huh?

Did they add a lot of wings to it? I've seen it. It's big and has an indoor swimming pool. You could see it from the peak of Mt. Rattlesnake at Ridgecrest. It always looked like a spread to me. I've also seen photos of it. It's not a simple log cabin. There are terraces and patios and wonderful rustic appointments all round this mansion.

And is this untrue? Here is a paragraph from a review of a book about WFG, Jr.:

Elsewhere as it is in THE PREACHER AND THE PRESIDENTS, Graham's nonprofit enterprises have profited nicely from the high profile that presidential palavering has, in no small part, afforded him. While his annual personal income from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association only totalled a bit over $500,000 in recent years, he enjoyed a well-appointed "log cabin" estate in Montreat, N.C., with high tech communications gear and an indoor swimming pool, a vacation home in the posh country club community of Pauma Valley, California, and controlled tax-exempt properties worth-->>> hundreds of millions of dollars in North Carolina alone.<<<--- Nor do these figures include income from books, recordings and television appearances, and may not include the receipts of the individual LLCs created for each of his crusades. To top it off, he bragged that he "never paid for a suit or a hotel room," though he seems to have preferred lodging in various mansions, both public and private, to the common discomforts of life in commercial rooms. THE PREACHER AND THE PRESIDENTS offers comforting fiction disguised as history. It is, without doubt, a book written for believers.[close quote]

Somebody get us an aerial photo of that spread and the million-dollar home Graham owns in California.

Such frauds the Christians are. It's conceded that Graham is not as cheesy with greed as the TV preachers on Sen. Grassley's list of charlatans, but he ought to be on it:
http://www.plunderbund.com/2007/11/07/senator...
BuncCyBapt

Greenville, SC

#17 May 19, 2008
While the fat teevy preachers dance around the Golden Calf... well, all except the Grahams huddled around their kerosene lantern in the humble Montreat log cabin, let me tell you something about the Old Testament god, Jehovah. This is a study in contradiction so glaring and so baffling, it must be pointed out and preached on. So I'll be your preacher today and preach you a little sermon.

Get out your bibles and turn to Numbers ch. 31, and put a bookmark there, then turn in your bible to Deuteronomy ch. 7 and read about Jehovah commanding the children of Israel to slaughter ALL the men, women, and children of seven nations, including the Amorites, Jebusites, and Hittites. You will remember that King David stole his wife Bathsheba by murdering Uriah the Hittite, her husband; but on this occasion your fickle god, Jehovah, ordered his children to slay all people of the seven nations, including Hittites, without mercy, leaving not one thing alive, and cut down all their trees, ravage their crops, and forbear having sexual relations with any of them because He said they would rot the blood of his Chosen Ones and turn them away from Him. "Destroy their altars," He said, "and break their sacred stones into shards and burn their graven images, and scorch their earth." Not even plundered gold and silver, the most precious of all property, would Jehovah allow the Israelis, lest these treasures corrupt them.

Read the whole chapter to get a complete sense of the merciless Israelis swinging bloody swords at little kids, stabbing and slashing little children to death. Behold the abhorrence and detestation of the Israelis for these innocent babes, women, and children as, laughing and cursing, they carried out the seven-tribe slaughter commanded by Jehovah. Can you hear the pathetic cries of these little ones for their mothers as they are exterminated by ruthless Israeli swordsmen hacking them to death, one after the other?

And yet previously your jealous volatile Jehovah spared 32,000 little girls "that had not known man by lying with him" for the lust of Israeli priests. And a goodly number of them for himself, for His perverted pleasure. Turn now to your saved place in the Book of Numbers and read the whole chapter, plus the previous and following chapters. In a previous chapter your god wanted the following burnt sacrifice:

"But ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD for a sweet savour; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year; they shall be unto you without blemish:"

Notice that man is said in Genesis to be created in your god's image, but do men get off on human and animal sacrifce? And are men serial pedophiles like your god?
So take notice that when the 32,000 Midianite virgins were captured, your god craved, yes, craved a goodly number of the unblemished virgins tied to an altar and burnt alive for his pleasure and fragrance. Is this unstable monster your god, who let his children keep the silver and gold of the Midianites but forbid them from owning the precious metals of the seven nations slaughtered in the Book of Deuteronomy? Is this not a cruel blood-thirsty Moloch? What kind of people are you to worship such and cruel and devilish god?

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Leicester

#19 May 19, 2008
I believe in God. You dont need to live anywhere to "hear God better". He is supposedly in your heart.

The Graham's are human beings. They sin. They err. They divorce. Some of them drink. They are sinners. WE ALL are. So what?

Today, with all the blatant hypocrisy going on with so many so called evangelists, they probably do the right thing by trying to maintain a low profile. I know I would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Megan Pinkerton 8 min lil sis 31
Prostitutes 1 hr Erik 2
Jonathan Patterson aka jc 1 hr alexi 1
meth girls 2 hr toofun 2
Chris Parks a Cheating husband? 2 hr help 7
Keep up the Good Work 2 hr WOW 10
List of Undercover police Vehicles, lets help e... (Mar '12) 3 hr folk 38
More from around the web

Montreat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE