Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
worseparentaward

Ellenboro, NC

#1 Jan 18, 2013
I saw on my Facebook page a lady asking for suggestions to stop her 13 yr old boys from fighting. Many people had good suggestions. Some even suggesting to let them fight it out. That's fine considering it is two boys, but this one individual proudly brags how she put a girl and boy in the front yard to fight it out. She pointed out the neighbors stopped to watch and how the girl ( who I know is 16) drug her brother around the yard by his hair. She said the boy cried and hid for a hour. I am sure he appreciates her posting that on fb for all his friends to make fun of him. That's not even my issue though. Lady, did you expect the boy to hit a girl? Are you teaching him that it is ok to hit a girl? I applaud him for not hitting his sister. Your parenting skills SUCK! NEVER is it ok for a male to hit a female!!!! You should be ashamed of yourself.
sad

Fayetteville, NC

#2 Jan 18, 2013
I saw that too she said it was about respect. Well I am glad the brother respected his sister enough not to hit her. You are right she sucks.
well

Marion, NC

#3 Jan 18, 2013
I have a sister and if this would have happened I can't say I would have hit her but I would have stop her from hitting me. Who is this woman that has done this.
worseparentaward

Ellenboro, NC

#4 Jan 18, 2013
well wrote:
I have a sister and if this would have happened I can't say I would have hit her but I would have stop her from hitting me. Who is this woman that has done this.
Point being... She should have never allowed/promoted this to happen. You just don't do this with opposite sex. Her name is Sylvia.
William Joyce

Weaverville, NC

#5 Jan 18, 2013
It is no worse than theteapartycongressmen infringing on the rights of women. I bet she is one of them 78% christianrepubracist.
well

Marion, NC

#6 Jan 18, 2013
worseparentaward wrote:
<quoted text>Point being... She should have never allowed/promoted this to happen. You just don't do this with opposite sex. Her name is Sylvia.
I understand what you are saying I was just saying I would have tried and stop her. It's not right to hit woman but a man should protect himself. It is his right to protect the greatest gift "life".
Shana

Ellenboro, NC

#7 Jan 19, 2013
worseparentaward wrote:
I saw on my Facebook page a lady asking for suggestions to stop her 13 yr old boys from fighting. Many people had good suggestions. Some even suggesting to let them fight it out. That's fine considering it is two boys, but this one individual proudly brags how she put a girl and boy in the front yard to fight it out. She pointed out the neighbors stopped to watch and how the girl ( who I know is 16) drug her brother around the yard by his hair. She said the boy cried and hid for a hour. I am sure he appreciates her posting that on fb for all his friends to make fun of him. That's not even my issue though. Lady, did you expect the boy to hit a girl? Are you teaching him that it is ok to hit a girl? I applaud him for not hitting his sister. Your parenting skills SUCK! NEVER is it ok for a male to hit a female!!!! You should be ashamed of yourself.
This is absurd! Someone needs to take her to the front yard.
name

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Shana wrote:
<quoted text>This is absurd! Someone needs to take her to the front yard.
Give me her name. I will report her. She won't have those kids much longer. People like her are the reason our prisons are full of children who know no other way but violence.
nicole

Batesburg, SC

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Shana wrote:
<quoted text>This is absurd! Someone needs to take her to the front yard.
I agree!
nicole

Batesburg, SC

#10 Jan 21, 2013
name wrote:
<quoted text>Give me her name. I will report her. She won't have those kids much longer. People like her are the reason our prisons are full of children who know no other way but violence.
You are completely right. You don't teach children to solve problems with violence.
nicole

Batesburg, SC

#11 Jan 21, 2013
It is such a sad world when people use violence as a way to discipline their children. It clearly makes no sense to punish someone for being violent with violence.
nicole

Batesburg, SC

#12 Jan 21, 2013
worseparentaward wrote:
<quoted text>Point being... She should have never allowed/promoted this to happen. You just don't do this with opposite sex. Her name is Sylvia.
You don't do this with anyone. Families should be raised to respect each other not assault each other. Who cares if your sibling upsets you, beating them is not is not excusable. This Sylvia woman does not deserve parenting rights if she doesn't have parenting skills.
Selena

Ellenboro, NC

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Me and my brother use to fight when we were little ( not teens though). We both got a hickory for fighting and no way in Hattie's would my mom have put us outside and promoted him to hit me.
no way

Shelby, NC

#14 Jan 23, 2013
In no way is it ok to teach a male to hit a female. No matter what the circumstances. You teach him to walk away otherwise he will end up with charges that could hinder him for life with jobs, education etc. This person was wrong!
never

Ellenboro, NC

#15 Jan 25, 2013
You never raise your hand to a woman. NEVER!
never

Morganton, NC

#16 Jan 25, 2013
Unless the b*tch deserves it.
nope

Brevard, NC

#17 Jan 26, 2013
never wrote:
Unless the b*tch deserves it.
No Never!
namegoeshere

Lancaster, SC

#18 Jan 27, 2013
worseparentaward wrote:
I saw that about two weeks ago I believe. That woman does not have any sense. She has many many people fooled. Lots of skeletons in her closet.
ole fashion

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jan 30, 2013
I hope someone gives her a dose of her own medicine. There is no wonder kids are turning out the way they are now days. What happened to good ole fashion punishment?
I kind of understand

Fayetteville, NC

#20 Feb 1, 2013
My children are pinching and poking and pushing and arguing and grabbing and hurting each other constantly. I understand the desire for them to go out in the yard and get it over with. I also consider that a better solution than my "oh so kindly" asking them to stop, because that doesn't work.

Now, I will say that I wouldn't put it on facebook though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sylvia Brown Hollifield 35 min huh 3
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr Red Square 58,933
who shot lional Ferguson 2 hr Ignorance isa Dis... 53
Roma Restaurant 8 hr Yes sir 24
nebo meth ho 9 hr Haha 6
Duke Energy's paperless billing is rediculous 11 hr James Taylor 1
I Love Black Women (May '11) 11 hr Bill Robinson 239
•••
•••
•••

Montreat Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••