Swannanoa incorporation takes in too much territory

Jul 17, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

The boundary of the new Town of Swannanoa as proposed is 18.09 square miles, which is too large, and includes too many undeveloped parcels of farm and forest land.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
frank whitehorse

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 13, 2009
 
Unbelievable that they'd try such a land grab! Even in forced annexation, a very unpopular action, the rules prohibit the taking of a territory that is more than 60% completely unoccupied and sparsely undeveloped in the other 40%. This is a corruption of what was intended when incorporation ethics were devised. Such nerve. Let's hope the informed citizens of Swannanoa are to wise to fall for the hype and will turn out to vote "no" on Nov.3
annica2

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 26, 2009
 
as a resident of swannanoa, i'm with you frank. i will definitely be showing up for a "no" vote on nov. 3rd. not only is this a disgusting land grab that infringes on the rights of asheville and swannanoa residents. it's also a fascist tactic for these corporations to bring this to the house right before they planned the referendum. and the residents won't even get to vote on who will represent them in their city council. they are automatically appointed by the state. so, this is needs to be voted down no matter where you stand on the issue of incorporation itself. this is fascism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montreat Discussions

Search the Montreat Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 16 min TSF 49,295
Hey, look, William Joyce. You are next. 20 min One who knows 9
anybody know josh Honeycutt 27 min ohmy 5
Jeffery Davy Pagan 52 min Screwed Over 1
Amanda Edwards (Sep '12) 1 hr Steven 11
Girls in Marion with the prettiest eyes. (Mar '12) 1 hr ray 65
any h or bth around part 2 3 hr cantgetright1 1
•••

Freeze Warning for Buncombe County was issued at April 16 at 2:42PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Montreat Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Montreat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••