First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JFW

Lenoir, NC

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Can you unemployment if you quit your job? I have worked at the same place for 10 years and I go to school at night.The classes I need to finish are day classes so I would have to quit my job. I need the income to do the little things in life, like eat. Would it be best for me to get fired,(call in with excuses)Can you sign up after getting fired for attendance?

“The orginal”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 18, 2013
No, you have to be let go through no fault of your own, IE laid off due to lack of work or something like that.

Getting fired because you don't show up is your fault, even if you have excuses, so that wouldn't work.

Talk to your employer and see if he/she has other options or another shift that you can work while you finish school.

One thing that might work, see if your employer will lay you off and not challenge your unemployment claim. The only problem with that is, your employer would take a hit on their UE insurance. Bigger corporations are more willing to do this, but getting a small business to agree is harder.

BeSmart

Mars Hill, NC

#3 Mar 18, 2013
If you have a job you better keep it. Unemployment Comp. is about to stop for all the deadbeats. For the others it is in the process of making it into a 6-weeks max.program. After that you will have to go into a public works program, mopping the courthouse, police dept, city hall, sheriff's dept., schools and other public buildings and picking up trash along the highways. Unless you like moping and washing trash trucks you better keep what you have.
Tax Payer

Marion, NC

#4 Mar 18, 2013
BeSmart wrote:
If you have a job you better keep it. Unemployment Comp. is about to stop for all the deadbeats. For the others it is in the process of making it into a 6-weeks max.program. After that you will have to go into a public works program, mopping the courthouse, police dept, city hall, sheriff's dept., schools and other public buildings and picking up trash along the highways. Unless you like moping and washing trash trucks you better keep what you have.
It's about time.
You think you know me

Simpsonville, SC

#5 Mar 18, 2013
If you have a round mouth and vote for Obame
I don't see why not 51% of the country is why should you be any different?
Think Again

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 18, 2013
I would not quit my job with out doing some research first bout unemployment benefits, duh.

“The orginal”

Location hidden

#7 Mar 18, 2013
BeSmart wrote:
it is in the process of making it into a 6-weeks max.program. After that you will have to go into a public works program, mopping the courthouse, police dept, city hall, sheriff's dept., schools and other public buildings and picking up trash along the highways.
Will never happen....it should, but it will never happen.
JFW

United States

#8 Mar 18, 2013
Think Again wrote:
I would not quit my job with out doing some research first bout unemployment benefits, duh.
I am quitting my job no matter the outcome of the unemployment. I just thought I would ask people on here to see if anybody actually knew .... I obviously should have foreseen a few smarty pants...
Think Again

Atlanta, GA

#9 Mar 18, 2013
Don't quit.
JFW

United States

#10 Mar 18, 2013
I HAVE to quit my job to finish school. There is NO question about that, no other shift I can work and AGAIN, I only needed unemployment for one semester not looking to make a career out of it.Sorry I asked a simple question
Dont listen to Lulzers

Asheville, NC

#11 Mar 18, 2013
Lulzers is an idiot don't listen to him or anyone else on this website if you want advice. Go talk to somebody who knows. Elmer go play or go take a bath please. Like I said before less Internet more bathing your maccobsomecrazy! Peace ;)
JFW

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2013
Dont listen to Lulzers wrote:
Lulzers is an idiot don't listen to him or anyone else on this website if you want advice. Go talk to somebody who knows. Elmer go play or go take a bath please. Like I said before less Internet more bathing your maccobsomecrazy! Peace ;)
Well said!!!

“The orginal”

Location hidden

#13 Mar 19, 2013
tell me one inaccuracy in my comment. I'll hang up and listen, dickface.
Buckwheat

Burnsville, NC

#14 Mar 19, 2013
Go on welfare if you are black, Nigbama will put you on his voter rolls and mail you a check every month.
Dont listen to Lulzers

Asheville, NC

#15 Mar 19, 2013
Oh go to McDowell Tech Lulzers. Get in your car that looks like a Coors Light can and go. Hope you showered today.
Ask for the semester off

United States

#16 Mar 19, 2013
If you plan on quitting anyway, ask your employer if they would consider holding your job for you. At least you would know that you could return after the semester.

“The orginal”

Location hidden

#17 Mar 19, 2013
Still waiting on you to show me an inaccuracy.
Dont listen to Lulzers

Asheville, NC

#18 Mar 19, 2013
You should move out of your parents home aren't you embarrassed?
Allen

Robbins, NC

#19 Mar 21, 2013
JFW wrote:
Can you unemployment if you quit your job? I have worked at the same place for 10 years and I go to school at night.The classes I need to finish are day classes so I would have to quit my job. I need the income to do the little things in life, like eat. Would it be best for me to get fired,(call in with excuses)Can you sign up after getting fired for attendance?
www.ncesc.com
Lola

Charlotte, NC

#20 Mar 21, 2013
He can be but he is right this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert James/Robert Fore 1 hr Clueless 10
;) my black fantasy 5 hr Harold 3
bobby patton (May '12) 6 hr Tasha Patton herself 16
Jj laughridge not very handy man. 6 hr Dissatisfied 1
theft shoppers at dg 8 hr sickofit 1
Tice Randolph (Nov '12) Sun braless 29
News New plan would add rail to airport, Lake Norman... Sun Mark mark 1

Montreat Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance