Congressman wants FDA to take action ...

Congressman wants FDA to take action against 'fake milk'

There are 25 comments on the Westport News story from Dec 23, 2016, titled Congressman wants FDA to take action against 'fake milk'. In it, Westport News reports that:

In this Feb. 11, 2009, file photo, a shopper looks over the milk aisle at the Hunger Mountain Co-op in Montpelier, Vt. U.S. Reps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Westport News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 23, 2016
Milk from an udder, should only be labeled MILK.....
Eleanor

Wheeling, IL

#2 Dec 23, 2016
Oh, geeze. Don't they have MORE important issues to take up??

And just because coconut milk didn't come from a cow, they now need to rename it??

How many cows are going to be harmed if someone puts almond milk on their cereal??

Got Milk? LOL
anonymous

New York, NY

#3 Dec 23, 2016
Mmmm, melamine fortified fake milk. Another fine product from China.
Eleanor

Wheeling, IL

#4 Dec 23, 2016
anonymous wrote:
Mmmm, melamine fortified fake milk. Another fine product from China.
That's why it is helpful to read the labels.
Jan

Reading, PA

#5 Dec 23, 2016
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>

That's why it is helpful to read the labels.
True but who would think you had to read a milk label? Milk should be milk right? Anything goes today.I make sure mu milk is hormone free, cuz it hurts the cows.
Eleanor

Wheeling, IL

#6 Dec 23, 2016
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>

True but who would think you had to read a milk label? Milk should be milk right? Anything goes today.I make sure mu milk is hormone free, cuz it hurts the cows.
Thus the reason for reading the labels ... hormone free, no antibiotics, grass fed, free range, GMO free..

Even Milk isn't really milk with all the other man-made interference in the raising/manufacturing processes.... just sayin'....

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#7 Dec 23, 2016
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I agree, but it seems so unprogressive of you.
Just Wondering

Beverly, MA

#8 Dec 23, 2016
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Coconut milk has been around for a long time.

Will we have to give it a new name?

Location hidden

#9 Dec 23, 2016
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>

Coconut milk has been around for a long time.

Will we have to give it a new name?
It's not milk, just called that...I think it's about more soy and almond "milks".....

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#10 Dec 23, 2016
Does this mean I'll have to change my location?
Palin s Turkey Thresher

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Dec 23, 2016
I don't care whether they _only_ label all our GMO or hormone laced or bacteria infested goat or cow milk "milk" or not - the stuff is not the best way to get protein or calcium for adult humans - but those almond and coconut and soy substitutes are just too watery to be considered "milk."

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#12 Dec 23, 2016
Dear old grand-dad was getting lazy. He'd just sit around the house doing nothing all day long.
So I put Milk of Magnesia on his breakfast cereal.
You should see him get up and go!
Cordwainer Trout

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Dec 23, 2016
Palin s Turkey Thresher wrote:
I don't care whether they _only_ label all our GMO or hormone laced or bacteria infested goat or cow milk "milk" or not - the stuff is not the best way to get protein or calcium for adult humans - but those almond and coconut and soy substitutes are just too watery to be considered "milk."
More fear-mongering from the uninformed and ignorant. This is the typical uneducated nonsense we get from Leftists. You know nothing about the dairy industry, its transparency, its registration process for farmers, where the milk originates, nor how it is tested. The self regulation of the dairy industry doesn't require the FDA and its regulations, which redundantly checks the purity and safety of the industry's products.
Palin s Turkey Thresher

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Dec 23, 2016
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
More fear-mongering from the uninformed and ignorant. This is the typical uneducated nonsense we get from Leftists. You know nothing about the dairy industry, its transparency, its registration process for farmers, where the milk originates, nor how it is tested. The self regulation of the dairy industry doesn't require the FDA and its regulations, which redundantly checks the purity and safety of the industry's products.
White [sic] supremacist [sic], you don't know anything.

Microorganisms of Concern in Milk | MilkFacts.info

Even apart from any frankenfood aspects of milk, which affect every other sort of mass production of food, milk, even the purest, is not particularly healthy for adult humans. You are to stupid to be educated on these basics, however.
Cordwainer Trout

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Dec 23, 2016
Palin s Turkey Thresher wrote:
White [sic] supremacist [sic], you don't know anything.
Microorganisms of Concern in Milk | MilkFacts.info
Even apart from any frankenfood aspects of milk, which affect every other sort of mass production of food, milk, even the purest, is not particularly healthy for adult humans. You are to stupid to be educated on these basics, however.
Typical nonsense response from an angry child mind. You now go to microorganisms from the idiot scaremongering of GMO feed and hormones. There's just no making sense to you self-validating, arrogant know-nothings. Dairies don't allow the equipment of become tainted; such is very unusual. The cleaning of dairy equipment from farm to finished product is strict and effective. Try working for once in your life and you might find this out.
Jan

Reading, PA

#17 Dec 24, 2016
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>

Thus the reason for reading the labels ... hormone free, no antibiotics, grass fed, free range, GMO free..

Even Milk isn't really milk with all the other man-made interference in the raising/manufacturing processes.... just sayin'....
What is real today? Nothing processed or canned that's for sure. Milk should be real, that's even the name Real Milk.
Jan

Reading, PA

#18 Dec 24, 2016
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not milk, just called that...I think it's about more soy and almond "milks".....
I tried that Soy milk, I think it tastes horrible, they can keep it. I'm not much of a milk drinker anyway, only with cookies.
Jan

Reading, PA

#19 Dec 24, 2016
SirPrize wrote:
Does this mean I'll have to change my location?
How do you do that? I'm tired of my same location all the time. Would be nice to fantasize I'm somewhere else. Maybe I can say I'm from Italy.

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#20 Dec 24, 2016
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>

How do you do that? I'm tired of my same location all the time. Would be nice to fantasize I'm somewhere else. Maybe I can say I'm from Italy.
I'm not sure how it works, but it starts with a pair of ruby slippers.
I'll ask the Strawman. He recently graduated and now "knows everything."
Hah!
Last time he changed locations, we ended up in Oklahoma!
We're OK now.

Location hidden

#21 Dec 24, 2016
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>

I tried that Soy milk, I think it tastes horrible, they can keep it. I'm not much of a milk drinker anyway, only with cookies.
I love whole milk.....not skim or 2%....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Natasha Durand Jul 3 Thought u should ... 1
American Diplomats In Cuban Embassy Jun '18 RNs 2
News Trump lawyer forced to reveal another client: S... Jun '18 Annie Oakly 81
Senator Sanders: Healthcare Reform May '18 RNs 3
Racist black lives matter flag Apr '18 Comrade deBlowzio 5
News Vermont Gov. Scott wants to attract people to t... (Jan '18) Jan '18 America is in tro... 2
Modern Day Brown Shirtsó-Its Real (Jan '18) Jan '18 Electronic Gang S... 2

Montpelier Jobs

Personal Finance

Montpelier Mortgages