Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Vermont in 2010?

Posted in the Montpelier Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Get off my lawn!”

Since: Jun 11

People's Republic of VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

mike mulligan wrote:
I missed you Elmer...
What were you throwing?

“Get off my lawn!”

Since: Jun 11

People's Republic of VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair taxation across the board Elmer....
Where are all the children this fine evening???? Lake DunMore??
I suspect all the ladyboys are there:

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/sports/ci_185...

“Michelle, DAM FLAG”

Since: May 10

Putney, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

Speaking of the 2012 elections last Sunday to CNN’s Candy Crowley, Nancy Pelosi claimed:

“When the … unemployment rate is high, it’s hard for the incumbent to win. I remind you though, we’re not the incumbent. The Republicans are the incumbent. Their budget is the gift that keeps on giving, sadly”– Pelosi CNN Interview with Candy Crowley as reported by CBS – 6/27/2011

The woman’s disconnect with reality and her own culpability knows no bounds.

Republican’s now control only one house of Congress, and that only since January. Democrats in the Senate and Executive are in control of the other TWO THIRDS of government that pass budgets.

Before January, Republican House members didn’t have enough votes to spit on the ground in Washington DC without Pelosi’s permission.

Since Republicans took over the House their budget hasn’t even been allowed to be discussed in the Senate, let alone passed and implemented.

Selective Memory

Pelosi conveniently forgets that under her leadership as Speaker of the House of Representatives, 1/3/2007 to 1/4/2011, the national debt grew by $5.3 trillion!! ALL spending legislation, by law, originates in the House.

Under her leadership Democrats had a commanding majority in the House. Republicans have had no real say so in any budgets since January 2007.

In her acceptance speech after becoming Speaker of the House in January of 2007 Pelosi emphatically made this point:

“And the American people told us they expected us to work together for fiscal responsibility… After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: pay as you go, no new deficit spending.”– Text of Nancy Pelosi Acceptance Speech Upon Being Elected Speaker of the House – San Francisco Chronicle, 1/4/2007

The Bottom Line

$5.3 trillion in new debt and 9.4% unemployment under her leadership and her budgets, which have the largest deficits in the history of the world, kinda sorta proves she has more to do with the current unemployment and debt mess than just about any single individual since 2007.

Who again, Ms P, did you say are the incumbents?
nek121328

Allston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

Great points!

Since: Jan 09

Colchester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations McNutt, you have finally received your Doctorate
in stupid....
Nobody is denying the fact that the GOP made significant gains in the number of seats they picked up in the mid-term.... The question is why, and I think we all know that answer and it has nothing to do with party affiliation, but rather Americans want for immediate change.... They would have voted for a bunch of trained chimps if they thought their wishes would be had....
What I find fcking hilarious is how your "New Boyz" are doing in making a total mockery out of our present economic crisis...
Same song, different dance, reward capitalism, fck the working man.... Send them a job well done card McNutt, if you can afford it!!!!!!!!!! I honestly hope they keep baffling the people with bullshit for about another year and you'll see a Dem controlled house and senate again.... We are in an era called "NEXT" Dr McNutt, so I suggest you stock up on crying towels....
Lets take a look at what the GOP has blocked so far this year:
Voted against a Bill which would have eliminated tax breaks to corporations who send jobs overseas..
Voted against the Small Business Jobs Act which would have given smaller banks access to billions of dollars to loan small businesses to expand or start up...
Voted against a Bill which would have mandated the amount of profit a health insurance company can make and also making it illegal for insurance companies to discriminate against those with pre existing conditions..
Voted against a bill offering tax incentives to businesses hiring new employees or unemployed worker and a 1 year payroll tax offset
for that hire...
Voted against the Lily Ledbetter bill which requires equal pay to women doing the same job as men....
This one fcking kills me, voted against their "OWN BILL" on immigration reform once they learned Obama was in favor of the legislation.....
I must ask you again, Dr Asshole, DO YOU UNDERSTAND PRODUCTIVITY vs AUTOMATION????? You say corporations are not spending any of their record profits, BULLSHIT..... The facts are that corporations are spending at record levels, up 30%, to automate... Productivity is higher now since the beginning of this mess and is being done with 7 million fewer workers...
Then there is the problem of hiring the right person... How much do you think it cost a corporation to train ONE worker Dr McNutt???? Trust me boy, I've hired a few like this and the cost are enormous when you take into account paying one of your employees to train the NFG and the loss of productivity during this period...
You want jobs Dr McNutt??? It's not gonna happen until republicans start acknowledging small business and stop rewarding larger corporate greed, plain and simple....
Look at what you posted. GOP gains? Was it not becsause Obama was so busy with Olympics & Basketball picks he was to busy to use large Democrat majoritys to do anything? AGAIN? Why have companys and Inividuals lost so much faith they are sitting on record savings & paying debt. Tell me the Logic of Rebublicans bad for jobs BUT with Bush unemployment high 7% good for jobs Democtats unemployment high 10%. Why did all the increase in productivity only take place after Obama was elected
Twatty

Glenwood Landing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

Yes I certanly agree.
yum yum

Hinesburg, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

perfect use of overcooked pork
Simonne

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

It's time for Leahy to go as he's costing taxpayers a fortune. He's a real partisan who is as far left as you can be. Politicians, like him, either on the left or right won't compromise. Taxpayers can't win. If the same party controls everything, we get Obamacare. If we have different parties in control, which I prefer, we get nothing. At least they don't keep spending money that way. How about a balanced budget?
Billy

Fitzwilliam, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Judged:

Simonne wrote:
It's time for Leahy to go as he's costing taxpayers a fortune. He's a real partisan who is as far left as you can be. Politicians, like him, either on the left or right won't compromise. Taxpayers can't win. If the same party controls everything, we get Obamacare. If we have different parties in control, which I prefer, we get nothing. At least they don't keep spending money that way. How about a balanced budget?
Patrick Leahy is easily the most useless human being who ever lived. No one in Montpelier cares about JOB CREATION, which is the first and last thing that should be on any Vermont politician's mind.
lol

Hinesburg, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

me
stranger things

Bradford, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

stranger things

Bradford, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Most members of Congress get the bulk of their campaign contributions from two main sources: the industries that make up the economic base of their home district and the Washington-based interest groups that pay more attention to the member's committee assignments in Congress. In addition, most Democrats receive substantial sums from labor unions.

From this table, you can get a flavor of which are the top industries giving to the candidates running for Congress in your district. Do the industries match your local economy, or are they more Washington-based? If the latter, the candidate may have divided loyalties on issues where the interests of their cash constituents conflict with those of the voters who elected them.

Bernie Sanders (I)

Industry

Total

Retired

$306,774

Democratic/Liberal

$105,574

Lawyers/Law Firms

$64,350

Health Professionals

$44,721

Industrial Unions

$42,800

Public Sector Unions

$38,000

Building Trade Unions

$32,000

Leadership PACs

$31,000

Misc Finance

$29,250

Education

$29,100

Non-Profit Institutions

$20,525

Real Estate

$18,900

Misc Business

$16,750

TV/Movies/Music

$15,200

Printing & Publishing

$15,100

Transportation Unions

$14,110

Business Services

$12,950

Computers/Internet

$12,161

Misc Unions

$11,100

Securities & Investment

$10,800

http://www.opensecrets.org/races/indus.php...
nanu

Hinesburg, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

jimmy, of course
Alex

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Judged:

How about we support the ones that take the oath to support the Constitution and actually MEAN IT and read the document to see exactly what is truly authorized for the federal govt. to do and WHAT IS NOT?

That idea too 'radical'?-pppfffffftt!

Once upon a time in America we had what were called 'Statesmen', until the 17th Amendment did away with them, some insist we should undo that amendment--
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=...
jibbey

Hinesburg, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

jabbet
Ree Publican

Stowe, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

dems de troof
markey

Ludlow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

I is a good dumbocrat and i urgez all my union broders an sisters to vote for oBUMa acause he has spent more money dan all da prezidents from George Washington to Bill Clinton to make da big change that this bum told people he would make and nothin but s_hit has happened. He supports UAW and other stupid unions who give lip service to morons and take their dues money until the mill blows town den we win...ha ha he he I sure is an important mill rat.
nek121328

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Now I can understand this rant. How many union jobs have disappeared from the North Country and the real reason why?$$$$
sansmelley sucks

Ludlow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

nek121328 wrote:
Now I can understand this rant. How many union jobs have disappeared from the North Country and the real reason why?$$$$
I don't know but i kin tell ya why my mill blew town. They ain't going to let a jerk like me run da show cause i can't even run a paper route.
nek121328

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Them bicycles always go in circles!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montpelier Discussions

Search the Montpelier Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Animal cruelty charges at Santa's Land Mar 26 Flat Lander 3
Tipping Point Mar '14 Elmer_J_Fudd 1
IBM leadership notifies Shumlin of layoffs Mar '14 markey 5
Police: taxi driver assaults, robs passenger Mar '14 Greenstreet 2
Corrections Officer accused of sending nude pic... Mar '14 Greenstreet 2
Vermont News in Brief Mar '14 Greenstreet 2
Vt. lawmakers consider fee for shopping bags Mar '14 Richard 2
•••
•••