My Turn: Property tax structure hurts...

My Turn: Property tax structure hurts downtowns

There are 74 comments on the Burlington Free Press story from Apr 15, 2011, titled My Turn: Property tax structure hurts downtowns. In it, Burlington Free Press reports that:

Vermont's traditional downtown retail centers need our af fection. To under mine these historic but struggling commercial and civic centers would be a sad loss of our heritage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burlington Free Press.

Since: Feb 11

McHenry, MD

#23 Apr 25, 2011
LSU wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, leave Marky out of this! How's the weather down Aruba way? I still haven't made it there yet.....we talked about again this weekend for our next adventure in the future.
The weather is boring as always, Sunny 84-86 degrees 365 days a
year here.... No need for a weather forecaster in Aruba... No hurricanes because they are to far south and we have been coming
here for over 20 years and I never remember even a thunder storm...
Occasional 5 minute morning rain but it dries as fast as it hits the ground.....
Johnny

New York, NY

#24 Apr 25, 2011
Alex is a fairy!
LSU

United States

#25 Apr 26, 2011
Johnny wrote:
Alex is a fairy!
Are you his lover?

McHenry, MD

#26 Apr 26, 2011
Johnny wrote:
Alex is a fairy!
Well if I'm a fairy, "POOF" your a pile of shit....

Never piss off a fairy little boy......
LSU

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Apr 26, 2011
You should have turned him into a lamb and let Marky have him for this Saturdays party!

Since: Jan 09

Middlebury, VT

#28 Apr 27, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ McNutt you are the KING of DUMB FCK!!!!
What part of the GOP defeated efforts last week to get rid
of those subsides didn't you fcking understand....
You got a bitch now, call a republican because they want it left
in place as is.....
This shit has been going on since March but I guess you didn't
understand a fcking part of it...
Read this ass hole......
http://dccc.org/blog/entry/house_republicans_...
Let me try to keep it VERY VERY VERY simple for you. It looks like in post 8 you are saying Bush subsides were bad. Then in post 13 you are saying Obama subsidies are good. For the record I feel all ALL SUBSIDE$S are BAD. Let me repeat ALL SUBSIDES are BAD. If you want to look at other areas take Subsides to Farmers not to grow food yet look at prices going up for food.
LSU

United States

#29 Apr 27, 2011
Subsides are good, I like chips and potato salad with mine!

McHenry, MD

#30 Apr 27, 2011
j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text>Let me try to keep it VERY VERY VERY simple for you. It looks like in post 8 you are saying Bush subsides were bad. Then in post 13 you are saying Obama subsidies are good. For the record I feel all ALL SUBSIDE$S are BAD. Let me repeat ALL SUBSIDES are BAD. If you want to look at other areas take Subsides to Farmers not to grow food yet look at prices going up for food.
Obama's subsidies to big oil????
Obama doesn't and hasn't given any subsidies to big oil... That my friend had been the job of the GOP for the last 50 years....
Subsidies to farmers????? What farmers McNutt, they're all huge corporations now with the likes of Cargill and Monsanto, about $70 billion worth in sales.... They are the ones getting the subsidies, NOT little farmer Jones in Vermont.... That little piece of taxpayer cash totaled $170 billion over a ten year period and was signed by the retarded Bush back in 2002.... Keep it up McNutt, you're digging a deeper hole for the GOP....

Middlebury, VT

#31 Apr 27, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's subsidies to big oil????
Obama doesn't and hasn't given any subsidies to big oil... That my friend had been the job of the GOP for the last 50 years....
Subsidies to farmers????? What farmers McNutt, they're all huge corporations now with the likes of Cargill and Monsanto, about $70 billion worth in sales.... They are the ones getting the subsidies, NOT little farmer Jones in Vermont.... That little piece of taxpayer cash totaled $170 billion over a ten year period and was signed by the retarded Bush back in 2002.... Keep it up McNutt, you're digging a deeper hole for the GOP....
You keep it up it shows how good these programs are>. If they were bad all "THE MESSIAH" aka Obama had to do was stand up in from of his MAJIC TELEPROMPTER and say "IN THE NAME OF THE OBAMA STOP GIVING TNEM" Now answer are they still they "ONE" still paid because he likes them or "TWO" he is so imcompent when Dem's had a supper majority he could not get it passed. "THREE" was he so busy with basketball picks he did not have time. Ps did you see him on the news shooting hoops last week.
LSU

United States

#32 Apr 27, 2011
j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text>You keep it up it shows how good these programs are>. If they were bad all "THE MESSIAH" aka Obama had to do was stand up in from of his MAJIC TELEPROMPTER and say "IN THE NAME OF THE OBAMA STOP GIVING TNEM" Now answer are they still they "ONE" still paid because he likes them or "TWO" he is so imcompent when Dem's had a supper majority he could not get it passed. "THREE" was he so busy with basketball picks he did not have time. Ps did you see him on the news shooting hoops last week.
Alex hasn't been able to keep it up for along time, just ask the Jewish Princess. Better shooting hoops than the drugs he likes!
Max Rockatansky

United States

#33 Apr 27, 2011
LSU wrote:
<quoted text>Are you his lover?
Stevie,

You know JW McS is Alex's illicit lover!
Max Rockatansky

United States

#34 Apr 27, 2011
LSU wrote:
<quoted text>Alex hasn't been able to keep it up for along time, just ask the Jewish Princess. Better shooting hoops than the drugs he likes!
Alex's hero nobama is the one that shoots hoops all day, not Alex.

Charone told one morning last week that Alex didn't have that problem. I'll have take her at her word, but she was exhausted at the time... I think Alex was in surgery for something and I had to console her. Quite a trouper she was.
LSU

United States

#35 Apr 27, 2011
Max Rockatansky wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex's hero nobama is the one that shoots hoops all day, not Alex.
Charone told one morning last week that Alex didn't have that problem. I'll have take her at her word, but she was exhausted at the time... I think Alex was in surgery for something and I had to console her. Quite a trouper she was.
Now it makes sense, the Sex Marathon in Intercourse PA. Alex must of gave it his all and came up short if you know what I mean! Alex stick to golf Big Guy and use your driver.......careful with your balls.
Johnny

New York, NY

#36 Apr 27, 2011
Alex is a junkie.

Essex Junction, VT

#37 Apr 28, 2011
Max Rockatansky wrote:
<quoted text>
Stevie,
You know JW McS is Alex's illicit lover!
I have never gotten personal. You owe me a apology.

McHenry, MD

#38 Apr 28, 2011
j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text>You keep it up it shows how good these programs are>. If they were bad all "THE MESSIAH" aka Obama had to do was stand up in from of his MAJIC TELEPROMPTER and say "IN THE NAME OF THE OBAMA STOP GIVING TNEM" Now answer are they still they "ONE" still paid because he likes them or "TWO" he is so imcompent when Dem's had a supper majority he could not get it passed. "THREE" was he so busy with basketball picks he did not have time. Ps did you see him on the news shooting hoops last week.
Before I answer this I will remind you that I am not loyal to either party and I don't vote strictly GOP or Dem....
Now since you always like to answer a question with a question I feel obligated to do the same... Name one president who was successful in removing all legislation which was created by the opposing party????

I have about 30 years left to live so I await your knowledgeable reply.....
LSU

United States

#39 Apr 28, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I answer this I will remind you that I am not loyal to either party and I don't vote strictly GOP or Dem....
Now since you always like to answer a question with a question I feel obligated to do the same... Name one president who was successful in removing all legislation which was created by the opposing party????
Alex, the way you party I really don't think you have 30 years left to live! Now I on the other hand will live to be at least 100 because they say sex keeps you young and moving.

Essex Junction, VT

#41 Apr 29, 2011
Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
NONE but some have least tried. What I keep saying is One if Obama did not even try does he like what Bush passed? TWO with a supper majority was he so incompetent he was not able? THREE was he so busy with basketball he could not find the time. Plus I might add a FOURTH was his majic teleprompter broke? I have over 30 years left so will you some day give a answer to why he did not even try??
Max Rockatansky

United States

#42 Apr 29, 2011
j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text>I have never gotten personal. You owe me a apology.
I apologize that you have no sense of humor.

Hugs & kisses...

McHenry, MD

#43 May 1, 2011
j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text>NONE but some have least tried. What I keep saying is One if Obama did not even try does he like what Bush passed? TWO with a supper majority was he so incompetent he was not able? THREE was he so busy with basketball he could not find the time. Plus I might add a FOURTH was his majic teleprompter broke? I have over 30 years left so will you some day give a answer to why he did not even try??
Now just how much do you think these clowns are going to accomplish
with a Democratic-led Senate and Republican-led House????
Answer: Absofuckinglutely Nothing..........

McNutt, your lack of knowledge on political issues is beyond belief... Take a vacation and we'll call you if we need you....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Small-town police coverage seeks upgrade Oct 26 Brooklyn Bernie 10
Montpelier vt needs a Bypass Road Oct '17 Celebrate Diversity 3
Senator Sanders This Is For Real----No Spoof Sep '17 Comrade deBlowzio 2
Quality of U. S. Healthcare in the World Sep '17 Shoenbaum WATCHDOG 1
News Bo Muller-Moore stands in his home studio in Mo... (Nov '11) Sep '17 Mona 8
News Branded for Bernie: Dozens Get Inked With Free ... (Feb '16) Aug '17 Ferrerman 14
Dear Senator Sanders-------HELP Me Out ! (Jul '16) Aug '17 WV Hillbilly 12

Montpelier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montpelier Mortgages