Single-payer option in Vt.? Experts t...

Single-payer option in Vt.? Experts to discuss possibility

There are 50 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Dec 7, 2010, titled Single-payer option in Vt.? Experts to discuss possibility. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Vermont could become a national model for advancing health care reform, said Richard Davis, a local health care advocate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
try reading

Westland, MI

#42 Jan 4, 2011
Concerned wrote:
And so it begins:
“ObamaCare causes union to drop 6,000 children's health insurance coverage”
http://www.laborunionreport.com/portal/2010/1...
SEIU dropping coverage on its "low wage earners"
The Union chose this route on their own , it has nothing to do with the Obama health insurance. Obviously you are unaware that the Union always looks for a way out and excuse to stop things that they can't afford and blame others for its demise. It's all about politics with them. They hurt the children not Obama.
Try learning the truth on your own and not as a political view.
Concerned

Bennington, VT

#43 Jan 4, 2011
Thanks to Obamacare, my insurance just went up another $10.00-for a total raise of $30 within the year. My so-pays have also risen. This is just the begnining-wait till the full impact of Doctors opting out hits. Bend over America here it comes!
Concerned

Bennington, VT

#44 Jan 4, 2011
try reading wrote:
<quoted text>
The Union chose this route on their own , it has nothing to do with the Obama health insurance. Obviously you are unaware that the Union always looks for a way out and excuse to stop things that they can't afford and blame others for its demise. It's all about politics with them. They hurt the children not Obama.
Try learning the truth on your own and not as a political view.
OK-how about you "try reading" the WHOLE Obamacare bill (all 2074 pages), instead of listening to sound bites? I have spent the past several months reading it. You are correct the Unions and Business will always be looking for a way out-and believe me we will see more bailing out as the bill takes hold.
Golly

Dover, NH

#45 Jan 5, 2011
try reading wrote:
Here you will find the truth about question on the medical insurance plan.
http://politifact.com/
I looked at your site but didn't find the "truth" you say is there. What is the "truth" according to you?

Since: Jan 09

Bennington, VT

#46 Jan 31, 2011
amolison wrote:
I wonder where you are getting that "fact" from - see Medicare statement below. I've been on Medicare for 7 years, my husband for 10 - and I've NEVER BEEN DENIED - and nor has anyone I know. It is a very good system. So - consider checking your statements before you post.
<quoted text>
Try this "FACT" reported "On National debt clock" medicare libality of 78 Trillion. Where is this money to come from? Sure souinds like a Ponzi scheme to me. People drawing now are just spending dollars from future generation's

Bennington, VT

#47 Jan 31, 2011
estanson wrote:
<quoted text>
dont forget...
Obamacare is supposed to be paid for in large part by savings from reducing the rampant fraud and mismanangement of medicare...
I believe its a well established fact that medicare is bloated!
I find it interesting that having had Medicare form the 60's it is only "THE OBAMA" can find fraud & mismanangement. Why he might get it back to being SO WELL RUN BY GOVERMENT it will be free & cover everything 100%. As was promised when started
Concerned

Bennington, VT

#48 Jan 31, 2011
Merry Crispness wrote: "So you're OK with a country where over 40 million people, most of them working, have no health coverage? I'd say that makes you an anti-patriot."

The VP's Task Force on the Middle Class, report of 2010 to the White House and the US Census Bureau both cite the figure of 40 Million working class people needing help, which agrees with your figure. Well why not institute a system to help those 40 Million get affordable health insurance INSTEAD of mandating/forcing the whole US, population (the other 273,232,000M) to PURCHASE health care. Putting in place a system that provides for those in need would certainly be more economical than what has been set in motion.

Helping those in need is patriotic, mandating/forcing all to purchase a product is Anti-patriotic-that is dictating no matter which way you slice it.

Bennington, VT

#49 Feb 3, 2011
Concerned wrote:
Merry Crispness wrote: "So you're OK with a country where over 40 million people, most of them working, have no health coverage? I'd say that makes you an anti-patriot."
The VP's Task Force on the Middle Class, report of 2010 to the White House and the US Census Bureau both cite the figure of 40 Million working class people needing help, which agrees with your figure. Well why not institute a system to help those 40 Million get affordable health insurance INSTEAD of mandating/forcing the whole US, population (the other 273,232,000M) to PURCHASE health care. Putting in place a system that provides for those in need would certainly be more economical than what has been set in motion.
Helping those in need is patriotic, mandating/forcing all to purchase a product is Anti-patriotic-that is dictating no matter which way you slice it.
As one study said if put a limit on liability could give health care to all Americans at a cheaper total cost than now. But as one Democrat Senator said we can't as trial lawyer are our major donors. Thus it is more important to get campain dollars than health care for 40,000,000 Americans. Now before anyone gets upset I know they {Lawyers} give to both party's and all candidates it's just a Democrat was dumb enough to say what eveyone knows but will not admit to
This Vermonter

Rochester, VT

#50 Feb 3, 2011
Burlington, Vermont - February 3, 2011

The quality of health care your child receives could depend on where you live, and that's good news for our region.

A new report shows that kids in New England and the Upper Midwest get better health care than children in the South and Southwest. According to the Commonwealth Fund, the top states for healthy kids include Vermont, Iowa, and Massachusetts. Some of the worst states are Florida, Texas and Nevada.

The report found children in the top states are more likely to be insured and get regular checkups.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp ...
Moses

Essex Junction, VT

#51 Feb 4, 2011
This Vermonter wrote:
Burlington, Vermont - February 3, 2011
The quality of health care your child receives could depend on where you live, and that's good news for our region.
A new report shows that kids in New England and the Upper Midwest get better health care than children in the South and Southwest. According to the Commonwealth Fund, the top states for healthy kids include Vermont, Iowa, and Massachusetts. Some of the worst states are Florida, Texas and Nevada.
The report found children in the top states are more likely to be insured and get regular checkups.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp ...
Agreed. It isn't just health care it is also education and everything else. Our economic and education demographics are what dictate the difference. If we had as many lower socioeconomic citizens as Florida we would be just like them. If you go to Florida and check in areas with middle class people like we have here the results on healthcare and education are the same as here. Same percentage of insured as here. Same percentage of high school graduates and same percentage of college graduates. Same average life span.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Senator Sanders-------HELP Me Out ! (Jul '16) Jul 11 American 11
On Demand Apr '17 billo51 1
Read All Books Authored or Co-Authored By Trump (Dec '16) Mar '17 Long Island Liberal 4
Most scenic route-Topsham to Haverhill Feb '17 Sixbennetts 1
News Congressman wants FDA to take action against 'f... (Dec '16) Feb '17 Community Disorga... 25
Mikela Underwood missing (Jan '17) Jan '17 Anonymous 2
Google: TRUMP And The Politics And Business Pra... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Truth is Truth 2

Montpelier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montpelier Mortgages