Gov. Shumlin endorses controversial w...

Gov. Shumlin endorses controversial wind project in Lowell

There are 2 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Feb 11, 2011, titled Gov. Shumlin endorses controversial wind project in Lowell. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Gov. Peter Shumlin endorsed a large-scale wind power project planned for northern Vermont's Lowell Mountain on Friday, saying the state had agreed on land swaps and bear corridors with the utility developing the project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Concerned

Bennington, VT

#1 Feb 12, 2011
Based on what I have seen in California's "Wind Farms" wildlife shys away from them becasue of the noise.

Also reeks havoc with Bird Populations: http://www.suite101.com/content/wind-turbines...

More n Wildlife concerns: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/us/11ttwind...

Since: Aug 10

Nassau, Bahamas

#2 Feb 12, 2011
Color me dense. The enviro-wackos fought windpower but Shumlin has now fast tracked it?

I'm kinda confused, are the Republicans now on the side of environmental conservation, or is it just that lobbyists who have connections in Montpelier get their way under a Democratic/Progressive administration?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Senator Sanders-------HELP Me Out ! (Jul '16) Aug 5 WV Hillbilly 12
On Demand Apr '17 billo51 1
Read All Books Authored or Co-Authored By Trump (Dec '16) Mar '17 Long Island Liberal 4
Most scenic route-Topsham to Haverhill (Feb '17) Feb '17 Sixbennetts 1
News Congressman wants FDA to take action against 'f... (Dec '16) Feb '17 Community Disorga... 25
Mikela Underwood missing (Jan '17) Jan '17 Anonymous 2
Google: TRUMP And The Politics And Business Pra... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Truth is Truth 2

Montpelier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montpelier Mortgages