Teacher who spoke out on sex abuse lo...

Teacher who spoke out on sex abuse loses job

There are 2 comments on the BurlingtonFreePress.com story from Oct 24, 2008, titled Teacher who spoke out on sex abuse loses job. In it, BurlingtonFreePress.com reports that:

The Associated Press MONTPELIER -- A Rutland alternative school teacher who worked with juvenile sex offenders for 16 years was removed from his job in September, weeks after testifying to a legislative ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BurlingtonFreePress.com.

TeacherBUSTED

Sarasota, FL

#1 Oct 24, 2008

“Dan Allen Dot Com”

Since: Jul 07

Montpelier, Vermont

#2 Oct 25, 2008
TeacherBusted, the teacher is the one attacked in the case covered by the story starting this thread. The teacher was attacked by the Howard Center, the multi-million dollar non-profit that disagreed with the teacher's call for stricter handling of juvenile sex offenders, based on his 16 years working with them in one of the schools funded by the Howard Center.

I think we owe it to Mr. Laramie that we show no disrespect toward him in this case. He has done absolutely nothing wrong. The wrong part of this case is that Howard Center can have whacked this man's livelihood through administrative posturing, fully protected by the law. Meanwhile, the Howard Center now must be now examined, so the public can discover the truth about treatment of sex offenders.

The last thing Vermont needs is secrecy and information control regarding the debate on handling sex offenders.

We need to find out how the Howard Center's policies on handling sex offenders might be part of a culture that permitted the crimes against Brooke Bennett.

More at http://www.montpelierwebsites.com/blurb.php...

I don't want to take up too much space in here on this extremely sensitive topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A scandal deferred (Apr '06) 4 hr Catholic24 5
News Bill Cosby: Consider his social message, not th... Aug 16 Actually 3
Debate: Marijuana - Montpelier, VT May '15 coerrectone 5
News One of McAllister's alleged victims was an inte... May '15 McCann skool dropout 10
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Montpelier, VT (Nov '11) May '15 Harrison Snapp 10
News Hundreds join May Day demonstration at statehouse May '15 Elmer_J_Fudd 1
News Windsor officials worry about call to close prison Apr '15 jhimD 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montpelier Mortgages