Election profile: Blair and Woodard aim for state Senate seats - Th...

Full story: The Manchester Journal

Two Republican candidates, Gerald Woodard and Patricia Blair, will be vying for two available Bennington State Senate seats against Democratic incumbents Richard Sears and Robert Hartwell come this November.

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 135 of135
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Knight

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
Oct 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thanks for the invite. I thought this was a forum, why are you calling it a debate? I guess it will be a little of both and a lot more. It will probably be a little like when the towns people were hunting Dr. Frankenstein and the monster he created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This is one monster that can not be allowed to exist. People have rights and those rights should not be infringed upon.
registeredvoter

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Oct 6, 2010
 
Hey "Susan Wells" looks like your boy Gibbs did break the law after all. Sorry but I don't vote for criminals.

Are all Republican Candidates criminals or are they just dumb?

Republican Vermont State Senate Candidate Patricia Blair use to transport UCS clients in a vehicle that was not inspected by a registered state inspection station for safety equipment failures. She should have been fired for that one.
Susan Wells

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Oct 9, 2010
 
registeredvoter wrote:
Hey "Susan Wells" looks like your boy Gibbs did break the law after all. Sorry but I don't vote for criminals.
Are all Republican Candidates criminals or are they just dumb?
Republican Vermont State Senate Candidate Patricia Blair use to transport UCS clients in a vehicle that was not inspected by a registered state inspection station for safety equipment failures. She should have been fired for that one.
If he broke the law then he should get the ticket-so he got the ticket and now you have the opportunity to gloat-good for you! If Blair broke the law, then she should be fired-wonder why she wasn't?
By the way where were you all the other night? I was expecting a lynch mob and you didn't show. I thought you were going to come and put all the questions and accusations you have made to her "face to face", rip her to shreds. On the other hand kind of figured you would not with all the lights and cameras. Well you missed your opportunity and some good cider and donuts, which was a nice touch because it encouraged people to stick around and talk with candidates one on one? Sears is still my choice he is a gracious man. Hartwell I have to think about. I want to track down some information going around the area about him getting a reduction of $8000 on his school taxes on his $700,000 + home here in Dorset, due to the income sensitivity adjustment, under Act 60. This seems odd with all the wealth he appears to have. Would like to have it confirmed or denied. Before I vote.
registeredvoter

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Oct 9, 2010
 
Thats a good question, I wonder why she wasn't fired because it should have been obvious what she was doing?

Did I say I was going to be at the forum? You have an odd way about you.

Where did you hear this about Hartwell? I have heard nothing about it. It's not illegal to do this is it? Let me know if you find out anything factual.
Susan Wells

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Oct 10, 2010
 
registeredvoter wrote:
Thats a good question, I wonder why she wasn't fired because it should have been obvious what she was doing?
Did I say I was going to be at the forum? You have an odd way about you.
Where did you hear this about Hartwell? I have heard nothing about it. It's not illegal to do this is it? Let me know if you find out anything factual.
My comment about the AAUW Forum, was a general one. It seemed logical that all those that have been after Blair, on this Topix Forum and other Topix Forums, would jump at the opportunity to face her and pin her down. For example you would have had the opportunity to question her about her job with UCS driving people around in an uninspected vehicle.
There has been scuttlebutt (talk) about Hartwell getting an $8000+ tax reduction on his property taxes, on a $700,000 + home and property. The man is a wealthy man. The school tax reductions come under Act 60, income sensitivity adjustment, based on one's TAXABLE INCOME. So far I have not found any info am still looking into it. Since our Reps records are “supposed" to be public, I have made inquiries with those involved with the collection of taxes, so far they have not responded. If and when I get a response I will post it. If I don't get a response I will also let it be known. Now if you are wondering (I am sure you will ask) why I did not bring it up the other night, it is because at this point it is just “talk”. If it had indeed been fact, then I most defiantly would have asked about it.

When it comes to our representatives we need to know the truth/facts so that we can make educated decisions when voting. Rumors, gossip, idle chatter, accusations, media spin (they spin everything) should be confirmed or rebutted. It is up to us, the individual voter, to look beyond the surface and at all sources to find as best we can the truth.
registeredvoter

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
Oct 10, 2010
 
It wasn't my idea to question Patricia Blair about her job with UCS driving people around in an uninspected vehicle it was yours so why didn't you ask her since it's your idea? If thats what she was doing and it must have been since her vehicle was uninspected and she was doing that work at UCS the question is already answered before it is asked. No need to ask it again.

Again about the rumor you started on Topix Susan Wells. Rumor : 1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts: a rumor of war. 2. gossip; hearsay. Spreading rumors doesn't make you look like a good person. I'll give you a hint to make yourself look like a better person. Stop spreading the rumor then if and when you get a factual response you go ahead and post it. If you don't get a response you go girl and let it be known and let everyone know who you asked what you asked and who didn't reply. You should have asked him directly because where better to get info then right from the horses mouth? His answer could have been used against him and you could have pinned him down at a later date if you found facts to prove his answer to be false. You missed a big opp. We'll see where this goes. No where is my guess. May I add that if you find him to be innocent of all accusations that you also inform us all about that.

P.S. Why were you not on time for such an important event? You had more notice than anyone else on where and when this event would take place correct?
Susan Wells

Manchester Center, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Oct 10, 2010
 
registeredvoter wrote:
It wasn't my idea to question Patricia Blair about her job with UCS driving people around in an uninspected vehicle it was yours so why didn't you ask her since it's your idea? If thats what she was doing and it must have been since her vehicle was uninspected and she was doing that work at UCS the question is already answered before it is asked. No need to ask it again.
Again about the rumor you started on Topix Susan Wells. Rumor : 1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts: a rumor of war. 2. gossip; hearsay. Spreading rumors doesn't make you look like a good person. I'll give you a hint to make yourself look like a better person. Stop spreading the rumor then if and when you get a factual response you go ahead and post it. If you don't get a response you go girl and let it be known and let everyone know who you asked what you asked and who didn't reply. You should have asked him directly because where better to get info then right from the horses mouth? His answer could have been used against him and you could have pinned him down at a later date if you found facts to prove his answer to be false. You missed a big opp. We'll see where this goes. No where is my guess. May I add that if you find him to be innocent of all accusations that you also inform us all about that.
P.S. Why were you not on time for such an important event? You had more notice than anyone else on where and when this event would take place correct?
1) I mentioned rumor because this seemed to be a good place to find out if anyone else has heard it ( you noted you have not, OK) and/or maybe might have more information (you don’t, maybe someone else has). Trying to get at the truth has nothing to personality-I would expect any voter that heard something want to know more-seems only logical/common sense.

2) I saw no reason to confront Hartwell on it, because it was a public forum and it would not have been fair to mention it "on air". I do not work that way. If I had hard evidence it was true then, yes, I would have brought it up. But only then.

3) As of this posting, I have had no response from the tax collecting sources I sent inquiries to; thusly it is beginning to look as if it may NOT be true. If this is the case then Hartwell has my vote and I will be more thanhappy to let you all know.

4) I heard at an NEA event I had attended, a while back that, there was a forum scheduled for Oct 7 and to watch the papers. I passed info one to people in forum. What so bad about that??? Well nothing seem to be reported so I called the Vermont DNC and they told me when it was scheduled and where (anyone could have done the same) so I let people in forums know. Told those that doubted me call and check it out themselves.

5) Since you are keeping track, the nurse that helps with my partner was late getting to the house, so I was late to forum. Happy now?
registeredvoter

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
Oct 10, 2010
 
Which NEA and are you a member?

So by admission you Susan Wells have spread at least two rumors one of which turned out to be true and the other has yet to found true or false?

I'm sure you knew that the internet was a great place to spread rumors so you did exactly that.

If you were really trying to get the truth, the last place you would look is the internet and I'm sure you already knew that.

So what did you find out? Anyone hear or know anything about it? Gather any facts to prove or disprove?

Rumors true or false can be hurtful and or defame a person. The hurt or defamation would obviously be intentional since no one would be forcing the person which in this case would be you Susan Wells.

Rumors can also be used as a Political Strategy. Not sure right now if I believe it to be the case in this situation but I'm moving in that direction.

I can't wait to hear the outcome of this.

Since you were late and couldn't hear well I suggest again that you get a DVD or VHS copy from CATTV. They are $10 and $15 plus $3 shipping if required.

http://www.catamountaccess.com/order_a_progra...
Steven

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Oct 13, 2010
 
Blair quit? All her signs are down.
Daughter

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Oct 23, 2010
 
GOP hacks! What a bunch of $h1t heads!
TicTocTicToc

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Oct 26, 2010
 
Please don't forget to vote!

Tuesday November 2nd!

7884
Bauer

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Nov 2, 2010
 
No need to say a word more. It's usually unsportsman like to shoot a sitting duck but you only have one shell/vote left and the duck/Blair is about to fly.

8459
Bauer

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Nov 2, 2010
 
No need to say a word more. It's usually unsportsman like to shoot a sitting duck but you only have one shell/vote left and the duck/Blair is about to fly.

4687
isolovepolitics

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Nov 12, 2010
 
I see (Rutland Herald - Nov 06 01:09am.) that another part of the Patricia Blair / Kelly Cook deal has been completed with Kelly withdrawing her sentence appeal as in request to have her prison sentence reduced. Is this it or is Patricia Blair going to pull another rabbit out of her hat as usual? Kelly and her family will likely live in fear for the rest of their lives of Patricia Blair and her clan as they have since this all started. I'm really looking forward to the 2011-2012 Legislative session already!
Monkey Wood

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
May 25, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Insurance fraud, welfare fraud, failed campaign, no job, lives in the basement of a motel and now domestic violence? No fear of her ever getting laws passed or being a senator now or ever...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 135 of135
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montpelier Discussions

Search the Montpelier Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OMG....they allow you people to vote? Jul 15 Former New Englander 2
Ship illegal cockroaches to vermont Jul 15 Former New Englander 2
Bothersome bear damages cars in Island Pond Jul 1 zoom46 1
IBM leadership notifies Shumlin of layoffs Jun '14 Snooker 6
Barre School Board: Teachers must lead pledge Apr '14 Atheists are patriots too 2
New GMO Label Law- VTs 32 Pieces of Sh-t Apr '14 Monsanto is Evil 1
Animal cruelty charges at Santa's Land Mar '14 Flat Lander 3
•••
•••
•••
Montpelier Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Montpelier Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Montpelier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Montpelier News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montpelier
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••