Biomass foes pick attorney

Biomass foes pick attorney

There are 151 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Nov 12, 2010, titled Biomass foes pick attorney. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

A group opposed to a biomass facility in Pownal has chosen a lawyer to guide it through the permitting process.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
GrnMtnBoy

Arlington, VT

#146 Nov 15, 2010
Numbers wrote:
How fast do the trees gro back hacky?
I'm going to start ignoring you. Educate yourself. I don't have time to do it.
Numbers

Bennington, VT

#147 Nov 15, 2010
Educate GrnMtnBoy! Tell me one single thing that I don't already know then and only then will I truely believe that you are smarter than me! Till then you have a lot to PROVE and DISPROVE!
Kevin Hoyt

Auburndale, MA

#149 Nov 16, 2010
Numbers wrote:
Educate GrnMtnBoy! Tell me one single thing that I don't already know then and only then will I truely believe that you are smarter than me! Till then you have a lot to PROVE and DISPROVE!
Did you know that the word Lawyer in latin means "to twist", seems fitting; as does the need for Massachusetts residents to hire one.
Kyle

Bennington, VT

#150 Nov 16, 2010
Lawyer in latin means to twist? Sure about that? You got a link to that?
TruthTellert

Bennington, VT

#151 Nov 16, 2010
Kevin Hoyt wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that the word Lawyer in latin means "to twist", seems fitting; as does the need for Massachusetts residents to hire one.
Kevin,

I feel like we're outnumbered. I'm starting to feel like the majority knows a lot more then we know. I keep talking about pollution controls, but pollution controls are at the hands of the engineers. And, when they decide to cut corners and pollute, they just will, regardless of the pollution controls.

Beaverwood did this before, and there is nothing in stone that says they won't do it again. What's a couple of fines?

Read this? How can I keep promoting this company when they did this in the past?

READ

Thomas Emero and William Bousquet had been involved with previous incarnations of Beaver Wood Alternate Energy Inc. and GenPower Services LLC racking up $130,000 for air violations for its biomass plant in Chester, Maine, she said. Records received thorugh public information requests in Maine, she continued, found the biomass plant in Ashland, Maine, between 1998 and 2000 had 44 violations for exceeding the limits of carbon monoxide emissions, 126 violations for air opacity, 79 incidents of carbon-emission violations and two nitrous oxides violations
Numbers

Bennington, VT

#152 Nov 16, 2010
GrnMtnBoy has a great idea!

GrnMtnBoy do you think we should put a nuke plant in Pownal instead? Ya got me thinking now!

2,000 jobs would be better than what Beaver Eater is offering correct?

600 MW of clean energy would be better than what Beaver Eater is offering correct?

The debate is over. Why build Biomass plants when a nuke plant is so much better right GrnMtnBoy?

Thank you for offering up that great insight of yours! You just shot the Biomass Plant in the foot, the other foot, both hands, the head "kill zone" and square in the heart "kill zone"!

TruthTellert, Kevin Hoyt, sockpuppets we all in agreement?
NandDExpert

Bennington, VT

#153 Nov 16, 2010
To whom it may concern. Let it be known that a private party (Numbers) has retained my professional services. I am an expert in identifying and eliminating nonsense and driveling as it applies to internet protocol communication through anonymous forums. I will apply this service 24/7/365 including weekends and holidays. I look forward to working intimately with each and everyone of you.

If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact TruthTellert, GrnMtnBoy or Kevin Hoyt by phone, email or postal dispatch.

Other than that please sit back and enjoy the ride!
Kevin Hoyt

Auburndale, MA

#154 Nov 29, 2010
TruthTellert wrote:
<quoted text>
Kevin,
I feel like we're outnumbered. I'm starting to feel like the majority knows a lot more then we know. I keep talking about pollution controls, but pollution controls are at the hands of the engineers. And, when they decide to cut corners and pollute, they just will, regardless of the pollution controls.
Beaverwood did this before, and there is nothing in stone that says they won't do it again. What's a couple of fines?
Read this? How can I keep promoting this company when they did this in the past?
READ
Thomas Emero and William Bousquet had been involved with previous incarnations of Beaver Wood Alternate Energy Inc. and GenPower Services LLC racking up $130,000 for air violations for its biomass plant in Chester, Maine, she said. Records received thorugh public information requests in Maine, she continued, found the biomass plant in Ashland, Maine, between 1998 and 2000 had 44 violations for exceeding the limits of carbon monoxide emissions, 126 violations for air opacity, 79 incidents of carbon-emission violations and two nitrous oxides violations
Of all the people complaining, truth teller seems to have his stuff together and I feel he is concerned about the people of Pownal, but just think about those fines... have you ever known a company that was fined by OSHA? The fine does not hail comparison to the violation and only 130K MUST have been pretty minor. Also, these people are comparing old failures to new technology. It's hard to trust big business, just like it's hard to trust the EPA, but we have to have faith in someone and I believe the strict standards and the people of Vermont will watch this new plant close (if approved) and WE will not let them get away with any funny business or anything that will hurt or deminish our quality of life here in the Green Mountain State.
GDog

Miami, FL

#155 Nov 29, 2010
Kevin, what's your new job title going to be at the plant? Public Relations Manager?
Kevin Hoyt

Auburndale, MA

#156 Nov 29, 2010
GDog wrote:
Kevin, what's your new job title going to be at the plant? Public Relations Manager?
I can only hope and apply with the other Vermonters looking for jobs. Even the low pay jobs pay great... and I believe include benefits.
JKing

Bennington, VT

#157 Feb 25, 2011
{{{{{{{TO THE RESIDENTS OF POWNAL}}}}}}}

Become involved!

Get the facts!

Understand what biomass ACTUALLY is and does!

If you don't already know learn who your local, state and federal elected officials are!

If you don't already know learn who your local candidates are for this cycle are!

Contact them by phone, email, mail and or face to face and communicate your feelings, concerns and questions then demand answers to the hard questions!

Even if it's your first time and you don't like doing things like this please come to the Town Meeting on Monday February 28, 2011 7:30 pm at the Elementary School gymnasium!

Even if it's your first time and you don't like doing things like this please vote on Tuesday March 1, 2011 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Pownal Center fire station.

Educating yourself about the issues and voting are the only ways you can truely understand and be heard!

Don't sit there and let these users smile to your faces and laugh behind your backs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Montpelier, VT May '15 coerrectone 5
News One of McAllister's alleged victims was an inte... May '15 McCann skool dropout 10
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Montpelier, VT (Nov '11) May '15 Harrison Snapp 10
News Bill Cosby: Consider his social message, not th... May '15 hmmm 1
News Hundreds join May Day demonstration at statehouse May '15 Elmer_J_Fudd 1
News Windsor officials worry about call to close prison Apr '15 jhimD 1
Lock and Load Apr '15 Community Disorga... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montpelier Mortgages