Vermont deer harvest drops by 23% in ...

Vermont deer harvest drops by 23% in November

There are 29 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Dec 5, 2010, titled Vermont deer harvest drops by 23% in November. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Preliminary figures show Vermont's buck harvest during the November firearms season declined by 23 percent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
estanson

Bellows Falls, VT

#23 Dec 8, 2010
EJF wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric,
Once again, I agree with you.
Frightening, isn't it?
EJF
maybe you have been drinking to much wine?
New England Hunter

Branford, CT

#24 Dec 8, 2010
As a Vermont native and avid hunter I can't help but get irritated at many of the posts here - "hunt posted land", "hunt at night", "teach our young hunters to hunt illegally" - what the hell is going on here! Is the deer kill down or are the deer taken illegally and not reported? This is upsetting, I hunt all over New England and the woods of Vermont is home and my favorite place to spend my time during deer season. I was one of the lucky ones this year and filled my tag with a nice buck - legally! I put my time in, gave up a lot of sleep, and froze my azz off - the way hunting is supposed to be! Get rid of the illegals and we will see the deer kill where it should be. Grow up, play by the rules, and enjoy this great sport in VT!
Ex-Vermont Hunter

Rutland, VT

#25 Dec 28, 2011
Thats right. Post your land! Your no better then anyone else. You should have to pay higher taxes for posting it. You do not own the Deer or the land! The land cannot be owned by anyone man. God put it there for all of us to enjoy! Maybe you should move back to New Jersey! Go Home!
ricketts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the spirit. Take a kid hunting and show him/her it is okay to break the law and trespass on private property. I also like it when hunters with high-powered rifles take their kids into areas with houses in every direction just a few hundred yards away. That's the way to show the kids how to hunt responsibly. I am a hunter, but I post my land strictly for safety reasons because of this problem of hunters using poor judgment on where they hunt.
Go ahead Make my day

Orford, NH

#27 Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Vermont Hunter wrote:
Thats right. Post your land! Your no better then anyone else. You should have to pay higher taxes for posting it. You do not own the Deer or the land! The land cannot be owned by anyone man. God put it there for all of us to enjoy! Maybe you should move back to New Jersey! Go Home!
<quoted text>
"Your" not the brightest bulb in the rack are you?

Are you upset that there are no deer running around your trailer?

Have you ever heard of property rights, as in the constitution?

Check out the fourth amendment, it's just two (that would be one plus one for you) after the 2nd. The 2nd is the one that allows you to hunt -- that is up until I catch you hunting on my posted property. Then you won't be able to hunt ever again.
U Moron

Saint Albans, VT

#28 Dec 28, 2011
Come on my land and see what a 357 feels like rat boy!

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#29 Dec 28, 2011
Keep fueling the anti's fire and we won't be able to hunt at all.
markey

Chicopee, MA

#30 Dec 28, 2011
DUH !.....huh? a......DUH !

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#32 Dec 29, 2011
Elmers Offshore Services wrote:
<quoted text>
Non Buddy, Merry New Year to you also.
It will be a good New Year.
mom buddy

Queensbury, NY

#34 Jan 1, 2012
Non Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a good New Year.
it will be a good year,but not for losers with out jobs ray

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Cosby: Consider his social message, not th... Thu Allie Baba 4
News A scandal deferred (Apr '06) Aug 30 Catholic24 21
Debate: Marijuana - Montpelier, VT May '15 coerrectone 5
News One of McAllister's alleged victims was an inte... May '15 McCann skool dropout 10
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Montpelier, VT (Nov '11) May '15 Harrison Snapp 10
News Hundreds join May Day demonstration at statehouse May '15 Elmer_J_Fudd 1
News Windsor officials worry about call to close prison Apr '15 jhimD 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montpelier Mortgages