Straka climbs to the top at Habitat

Straka climbs to the top at Habitat

There are 21 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Jan 24, 2010, titled Straka climbs to the top at Habitat. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Darcy Straka, Habitat for Humanity s new executive director, stands in front of a home at 930 Church St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ummmm

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Jan 24, 2010
Habitat for Humanity = what a joke. I am sorry but i do not believe in this "charity." In actuality this is not a "charity" it is just another way to take someone elses money and give it to people who solely depend on others to live.

Someone explain to me how I can work and extablish credit and purchase my own home .... and they can not?
thomas paine

Enola, PA

#2 Jan 24, 2010
Well Said!!!!!
PeanutFarmer

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 24, 2010
well they do have to be able to purchase.. HOWEVER the price is very low because of all the donations.. Much money and effort to help a few IMO
dictionary

Manheim, PA

#4 Jan 25, 2010
this organization is for a very thin slice of people who make enough but not enough to get a home mortgage through a bank. the home loans are no interest, which makes the monthly payments affordable. these people must pay off all credit report debts, attend homeowner classes, budget counceling and work a set number of volunteer hours actually working on the house.
They are gettting a good deal, but there are many requirements to get help through the program. and they do not get a "free" home. It makes homeownership possible for people who can not get approved through conventional methods.
Disgusted

Alexandria, VA

#5 Jan 25, 2010
Ummmm wrote:
Habitat for Humanity = what a joke. I am sorry but i do not believe in this "charity." In actuality this is not a "charity" it is just another way to take someone elses money and give it to people who solely depend on others to live.
Someone explain to me how I can work and extablish credit and purchase my own home .... and they can not?
Do you walk on water? You always post comments like your better than the rest of the world! Get over yourself and do something constructive instead of hiding behind your computer screen and bitching!
dictionary

Manheim, PA

#6 Jan 25, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you walk on water? You always post comments like your better than the rest of the world! Get over yourself and do something constructive instead of hiding behind your computer screen and bitching!
I agree, people jump to conclusions before they know the facts.
I invite anyone to volunteer for a day, even an hour. meet the families that are in the program, i think you will change your mind. They know they are getting a "hand-up, not a hand-out" and they work their butts off to earn it.
Disgusted

Alexandria, VA

#7 Jan 25, 2010
dictionary wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, people jump to conclusions before they know the facts.
I invite anyone to volunteer for a day, even an hour. meet the families that are in the program, i think you will change your mind. They know they are getting a "hand-up, not a hand-out" and they work their butts off to earn it.
Unfortunately it is much easier to to complain and humiliate than it is to be productive and make the world better! I'm glad to know there are people who look at thinks differently than some!
thomas paine

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2010
The first person on this post had it right, like he said, he worked and built up a good credit rating, i imagine he did not depend on a tax payer funded hand out. When are all you do gooder's gonna get your head's out of your a$$'s and join the real world?
Bubba

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2010
thomas paine wrote:
The first person on this post had it right, like he said, he worked and built up a good credit rating, i imagine he did not depend on a tax payer funded hand out. When are all you do gooder's gonna get your head's out of your a$$'s and join the real world?
Well, at least no one can accuse you of doing good or being part of the real world, but labeling this as a "tax payer funded hand out" does kind of show where your head is.

But then again, since you think your s**t don't stink you probably don't recognize at your own.
Disgusted

Alexandria, VA

#10 Jan 26, 2010
thomas paine wrote:
Before you start with your usual negative, bitchy, whinny stupid A$$ commnents, why not research thettruth behind the organization and the good it does. You have no clue what you are talking about. But that's typical of every post you make!!!!!!!! Thomas Paine is probably rolling in his damn grave over your use of his name!
dictionary

Manheim, PA

#11 Jan 26, 2010
if anyone would read what i wrote. these families do have good credit ratings. they are required to pay off ALL debts on their credit report BEFORE they buy the house, and if Habitat doesnt think they can do this in a year or less, then they dont get selected.
to get a bank funded mortgage you must also have a darn good job and make a nice chunk of money every month, you are also penalized for not working at the same employer forever, even if you left it to take a beter paying job. seems the ones we should be complaining about are the banks, who we have to "bail out" but when the average joe wants a home, car, cash loan, well forget it!
thomas paine

United States

#12 Jan 26, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you start with your usual negative, bitchy, whinny stupid A$$ commnents, why not research thettruth behind the organization and the good it does. You have no clue what you are talking about. But that's typical of every post you make!!!!!!!! Thomas Paine is probably rolling in his damn grave over your use of his name!
I know a whole lot more about this issue than you ever will. You see I'm out there researching and getting in public official's face's for their wrong doing and screwing the hard working tax payer's. And by the way, the real Thomas Paine would be very proud of me. If these people are so good and hard working, than why can't they stand on their on two feet, just like myself and a lot of other people have done?
Disgusted

Alexandria, VA

#13 Jan 26, 2010
thomas paine wrote:
<quoted text>I know a whole lot more about this issue than you ever will. You see I'm out there researching and getting in public official's face's for their wrong doing and screwing the hard working tax payer's. And by the way, the real Thomas Paine would be very proud of me. If these people are so good and hard working, than why can't they stand on their on two feet, just like myself and a lot of other people have done?
If you know so much Habitat for Humanity please tell me and all the other people reading this "WHAT" tax dollars go to this please?
thomas paine

Bainbridge, PA

#14 Jan 26, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know so much Habitat for Humanity please tell me and all the other people reading this "WHAT" tax dollars go to this please?
I believe there known as grant's.
What the - -

United States

#15 Jan 26, 2010
You're saying that those grants are really my tax money?
I always thought that was just free money!
I guess the next thing you'll try to do is convince me that there's no Santa Claus.
thomas paine

Bainbridge, PA

#16 Jan 26, 2010
What the -- wrote:
You're saying that those grants are really my tax money?
I always thought that was just free money!
I guess the next thing you'll try to do is convince me that there's no Santa Claus.
Sadly, most of the general population, even some people in supposeably high places , actually think it is free money. Their known as politicians.
Digger

Haddonfield, NJ

#17 Jan 29, 2010
Thomas Paine, you've been a smart ass, condascending, arrogant, insulting, hurtful know-it-all for far too long. You need to be taken to the wood shed, and I've got a feeling it's gonna happen pretty soon.
Serving Proudly

Alexandria, VA

#18 Jan 29, 2010
Digger wrote:
Thomas Paine, you've been a smart ass, condascending, arrogant, insulting, hurtful know-it-all for far too long. You need to be taken to the wood shed, and I've got a feeling it's gonna happen pretty soon.
If you're waiting for something productive or intelligent from him, please stop! It won"t happen! He needs that trip please!
thomas paine

United States

#19 Jan 29, 2010
Digger wrote:
It really pisses you people off that I'm a lot smarter and a lot better informed than you are.
Bubba

Hershey, PA

#20 Jan 29, 2010
Digger wrote:
Careful there Digger...as my daddy always told me;
"Never get in a pissin' contest with a skunk."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montoursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
J.K. Rishel Furniture Company (Aug '07) Sun angelina 53
Williamsport First Lady Gets PFA Against Mayor Aug 12 Feminism Burns Di... 1
jeep Jun '16 just saying 1
corruption by pa state police at f troop in mon... (Feb '10) Jun '16 Nonya 28
vincent e martz is egor Jun '16 martz friends 2
ECM Realty (Jan '15) May '16 Tyshon Brown 2
News A golden discovery: Philadelphia Butter Cake : ... (Mar '07) May '16 Mara 69

Montoursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montoursville Mortgages