Murder in Loch Sheldrake

Murder in Loch Sheldrake

There are 29 comments on the Mid-Hudson News story from Oct 11, 2009, titled Murder in Loch Sheldrake. In it, Mid-Hudson News reports that:

Police have arrested a Monticello man and charged him with the murder of an associate in drug activity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mid-Hudson News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gina oneil

Santa Barbara, CA

#1 Oct 12, 2009
My thoughts on this topic is another black man comitting another crime my heart aches 4 this woman and her family.she might have had a drug problem but did not deserve to die.
Gina oneil

Santa Barbara, CA

#2 Oct 12, 2009
If he killed ashley maybe he killed carl williams too.the guy was from monticello .lets keep this killer in jail and pray 4 ashley and her family.rip ashley
Only in Sullivan County

United States

#4 Oct 18, 2009
just another un-educated punk and a girl with not the greatest family life. happens every day.
Non-bias

United States

#5 Oct 18, 2009
Gina, what does race have to do with it? I personally dislike him very much but don't think being openly racist is the answer. No matter if you are black or white the comment was bias. RIP Ashley.
jmw

Pleasant Valley, NY

#6 Oct 20, 2009
gina, he did not kill carl williams.... carl williams was my next door neighbors cousin and it was not drug related! my husband is black gina, so maybe he did it! or better yet my kids are mixed...maybe they had something to do with it! you really shouldn't judge other people, cause you are not any better than they are by makming racist remarks like that! may god rest all there souls and please help gina's!
Gina love

Santa Barbara, CA

#7 Oct 20, 2009
Non-bias wrote:
Gina, what does race have to do with it? I personally dislike him very much but don't think being openly racist is the answer. No matter if you are black or white the comment was bias. RIP Ashley.
white men r criminals 2 and i agree.that was wrong 4 me to say that and im sorry 4 that comment
Gina love

Santa Barbara, CA

#8 Oct 20, 2009
jmw wrote:
gina, he did not kill carl williams.... carl williams was my next door neighbors cousin and it was not drug related! my husband is black gina, so maybe he did it! or better yet my kids are mixed...maybe they had something to do with it! you really shouldn't judge other people, cause you are not any better than they are by makming racist remarks like that! may god rest all there souls and please help gina's!
i am sorry 4 that comment i was angry and have no right to judge im sorry
Gina love

Santa Barbara, CA

#9 Oct 20, 2009
I am sorry 4 the black comment i made.i have no right to judge anyone.please forgive me
Gina love

Santa Barbara, CA

#10 Oct 20, 2009
jmw wrote:
i didnt know carl and didnt say it was drug related.from what i heard carl was a family man and alot of people looked up to him.im sorry 4 my stupid comment
jmw

Pleasant Valley, NY

#11 Oct 21, 2009
apologies should always be accepted...but only if the person really means it. if they say it and don't mean it, then they are living one big lie! gina if you say you are sorry then may god forgive you and anyone who has read that slick remark you made. in these hard times we need to come together and not descriminate or hate people for who or what they are, but instead, help them if we do not like the sitauation they are in. put ytour negative energy towards something more positive that you can be proud of. you'll feel ten times better putting your energy into something positive than doing something negative. i've done it myself gina, and you should try it too.... you have nothing to lose accept that negativity that you spread around bringing others down. like i said...your apology is accepted, but do something with this negative situation to turn it into a positive one. and i'm curious to see how it turns out, so please post a response when you do so, so that eveyone can see that you are making an effort to change your not so nice ways. i'd be one of the first to congratulate you if you do so.
Gina love

Santa Barbara, CA

#13 Oct 21, 2009
I am really sorry for the racist comment i made.it was wrong and i feel guilty and im disgusted with myself for saying it.i hope you all forgive me.im not saying im sorry just to say it im telling yov all im sorry because i mean it
Gina love

Santa Barbara, CA

#14 Oct 21, 2009
I will not judge a person by their color im sorry if i offended carls family or friends i heard he was a cool guy.i wish i knew him may he rip i promise to do my part to make the world a better place thanx jmw 4 waking me up
charlie

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Oct 21, 2009
we all are human and make mistakes forgive and live gina i forgive you
OYM

Stamford, CT

#16 Nov 15, 2009
I heard this all before. Who among you never made an anti-Semetic or anti-Latino or anti-whomever remark? Are you all that righteous? We will never get anywhere positive in improving race relations if we don't openly discussion the social problems our community suffers from
jmw

Pleasant Valley, NY

#17 Nov 15, 2009
i completely agree! everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be forgiven, but also needs to not forget their mistake but better themselves from it. the world would be a better place if we all put out differences aside to help others in need instead of just sitting back and waiting for someone else to do the dirty work. become a role model for those kids and adults that we tend to judge. and lead them in the right direction to better themselves and the world that they will be a big part of in the future.
OYM wrote:
I heard this all before. Who among you never made an anti-Semetic or anti-Latino or anti-whomever remark? Are you all that righteous? We will never get anywhere positive in improving race relations if we don't openly discussion the social problems our community suffers from
OYM

Stamford, CT

#18 Nov 18, 2009
A teenaged girl was recently killed in the Bronx by reputed gang members. She was believed to be an innocent bystander. A group of polital activists reportedly held a rally "protesting" the girl's murder and they supposedly attempted communicating to the community that they should not murder each other.

Questions to ponder: Why and what are they protesting? It's sort of like protesting the weather. Or the Yankees winning the World Series. Or whatever. It implies that someone (or something) other themselves are in control and are responsible for the murder. Responsibility is the answer. Why would you have to "teach" people not to murder and how would you do it? Why do you suppose people have to be taught not to steal, kill, use/sell drugs, etc.? Perhaps these values are not as universal as many people would like to think. Poverty and crime is not as strongly linked as many people are brainwashed to believe. That claim is often nothing more than a cover/excuse for people. "It's not their fault-they're poor/they come from broken homes/they're discriminated against"/etc., etc. How do you change values of people who truly don't value life? Pretending everyone is basically the same gets us no where.

Ultimately a human being was murdered. Let's not lose sight of that. Some cultures value life above all. Which is the bigger crime? The murder itself or referring to the accused murderer as a "black" man? How convenient to play the "race card". Would the people who expressd anger at the initial poster be willing to eliminate affirmitive action programs which would allow everyone be judged on their own merits instead of the color of their skin? I doubt it. If you keep on pretending thgat there are no problems in the black community we will get no where.Or is it taht many of the posters really don't believe there is a problem to begin with?

, and would and how do you teach people I also agree with you. L
jmw wrote:
i completely agree! everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be forgiven, but also needs to not forget their mistake but better themselves from it. the world would be a better place if we all put out differences aside to help others in need instead of just sitting back and waiting for someone else to do the dirty work. become a role model for those kids and adults that we tend to judge. and lead them in the right direction to better themselves and the world that they will be a big part of in the future.
<quoted text>
jenny elliot

Santa Barbara, CA

#19 Nov 19, 2009
Gina was right another black person from africa commiting crimer.its always black people commiting crimes.i think all blacks should go back 2 africa.you cant change how we feel
JMW

Pleasant Valley, NY

#20 Nov 19, 2009
OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE IN NEED OF ATTENTION, AND THAT IS WHY YOU WROTE WHAT YOU WROTE. YOUR COMMENT IS PLAIN IGNORANCE AND SHOULD JUST BE SIMPLY IGNORED BY EVERYONE ELSE AFTER READING MY RESPONSE TO IT! WHAT NATIONALITY ARE YOU? ARE YOU WHITE? WHAT ARE YOUR ORIGINS? SO SHOULD WE JUDGE YOU BASED ON YOUR BACKGROUND? EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION, BUT JUST KNOW YOU'LL GET NOWHERE IN LIFE WITH A NARROW MIND SUCH AS YOURS :( AND I'D ALSO LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT IF YOU TRACED YOUR ROOTS BACK AS FARS AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN, YOU WOULLD SEE THAT YOU NOR ANYONE ELSE IS TRULY PURE BRED...UNLESS YOU'RE A BREED OF DOG OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT! YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO EVERYONE IN TODAYS WORLD..GET WITH IT! CHANGE IS HAPPENING NOW AND YOU HAVE NO CONTROL...OBAMA IS PRESIDENT AND IF THAT PISSES YOU OFF....GOOD! IT SHOULD! THAT MEANS WE AS A COUNTRY ARE DOING SOMETHING GOOD IN ORDER TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE AND TRY TO RID THE WORLD OF HATERS LIKE YOU! I THINK YOU AINT HAPPY WITH YOUR LIFE, SO YOU HATE EVERYONE ELSE FOR IT! GROW UP! TIMES CHANGE!
jenny elliot wrote:
Gina was right another black person from africa commiting crimer.its always black people commiting crimes.i think all blacks should go back 2 africa.you cant change how we feel
JMW

Pleasant Valley, NY

#21 Nov 19, 2009
I'D ALSO LIKE TO GIVE YOU SOME HOMEWORK TO STUDY UP ON, SINCE YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT ONLY BLACKS ARE CAPABLE OF COMMITTING CRIME: WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE I MENTION? PHILIP JENKINS, QUINCY ALLEN, TIMOTHY MCVEY, TED BUNDY, I CAN GO ON AND ON. ALSO HERE'S A LINK TO CHECK OUT: http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial1.html
jenny elliot wrote:
OYM

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Nov 20, 2009
I think this kind of thread will not help race relations. Denial is a big problem. What good does it do if the community ignores FBI reports that documents blacks are seven times as likely than whites to commit murder? If we become defensive and deny such facts we will never be able to explore the real underlying reasons why that is so. And because we develop dialogue , stereotypes flourish because people develop their own ideas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sammy Reyes in the early 90's Mar 9 Holly Golightly 3
toronto reservoiu Mar 9 elle 2
News Liberty man arrested in Fallsburg break-in, cop... Feb 27 miley schultz 1
welfare troll (Sep '15) Feb 23 Hahaha 3
DayTop Village-SwanLake (Dec '10) Feb '17 Keith 70
Woodridge Mews Problems (Apr '16) Feb '17 Nicole 2
News 1,500 new homes proposed for Kiryas Joel Update... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages