Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1606 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

Rhea Beaudry

Elk River, MN

#82 Jan 23, 2011
Part One (sorry they got reversed)
God has promised that there will be a holy remnant remaining unto Him which is ready and watching for His coming.
I will leave in your midst a meek and humble people and they shall trust in the name of the Lord. The remnant shall do no unrighteousness and speak no lies, nor shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth; for they shall feed their flocks and lie down, and no one shall make them afraid. Zephaniah 3:13
I will gather those who sorrow over the appointed assembly, who are among you, to whom its reproach is a burden. Zeph 3:18
REAL DEAL

Willmar, MN

#83 Jan 23, 2011
I have known Andrew for over 2 years now, and have spent time with him both on and off duty. He never even brought any of this up or told me about this whole mess until these charges came out. I know he loves his little girl and he always brags about how smart and funny she is. If I was Andrew I would not be so nice to a man who did this to me and my grandma, keep your head up bro, you know we are all here for you anytime and whatever you need! DELTA
Birthday Friend

Englewood, CO

#84 Jan 24, 2011
Andrew--I love you and am still praying for you and this whole terrible situation. Sorry your dad has had this complete break with reality and is stuck in his delusions. I am praying jail will open his eyes so he can repent. I hope your brother and sisters can get out from the cult--i had jsut become facebook friends witht them, too--then they disappeared. so sad. On a happier note--still hope to celebrate our birthdays together some year with our kids!

Those of you who going to Bill Matthews church--grow up and get out. You are cowardly and trying to substitute a formula and someone else's charisma for a real, challenging and rewarding personal walk with God of your own. If we still needed a high priest to talk with God on our behalf, Jesus wouldn't have come.
Birthday Friend

Englewood, CO

#85 Jan 24, 2011
p.s. and when He (Jesus) came, he didn't rob people or sleep with their wives.
once employed by a cult

Garden City, MI

#86 Jan 24, 2011
I still think that if a pastor hires a deceitful lawyer to make his new 20 something year old wife and her family legal in an illegal way... then that should speak allot of them. a simple I-9 check will show that there place of orgin has changed along with there names as soon as they started the legalization process.
Andrew

United States

#87 Jan 25, 2011
The court date has been changed, surprisingly enough he changed it to a day he knew I would be out of town for mandatory army training, I will still be at the other court dates as long as they do not fall on any of my training days. I can't help but giggle at some of the responses from Bill's followers, bottom line is I am not the one who selfishly divided my family by making some very unintegrious decisions, including marrying an ex daughter in law that I have known and counseled for years, and he even called her his daughter for years, introduced her to his friends as his daughter in law, that must be awkward.
Jan 7, they celebrated there one year anniversary, 1 week before my birthday. And his church took an offering for them. Well on my birthday I received a wonderful gift, I opened the paper and saw Bill had finally been charged, don't get me wrong I don't want revenge, I am not even bitter, I do however know to much to sit and be content in my own life when he is walking around destroying families and households, and doing it all as a leader of "god's church" and the community.
Really

Rock Island, IL

#88 Jan 25, 2011
This guy has purchased himself a first class ticket to hell. Good luck, buddy.
Tommy Gust

United States

#89 Jan 26, 2011
When's the new court date? I don't want to miss it!
Wes

Willmar, MN

#90 Jan 26, 2011
Andy i want you to know I love you and if there is any thing i can do for you , I will do my best to do it. I am praying for and your family that God can some how restore and revive them . I will say that i try to stand on the side of rightousness and what is happening and been happening for 18 yrs at SRC is shamefull and an abomination to God.I also ask God to forgive me for following a man and not him for as long as i did.This story is still part of an unbelievable part of my life .Those who know me know that i hold the title of pastor in high esteem ,all thow i will never be in Bill's flock again i hope that God will restore him so i can at least use that title in his name .
Wow even saying that brings back bad memories , because i know i was fleeced.
Rhea Beaudry

Elk River, MN

#91 Jan 26, 2011
We all have been robbed in one way or another. I do not make light of it in any way. BUT GOD will bring justice, and when it comes, it will be total, no matter what means He uses to bring it. My prayers continue for the healing of all who have been hurt in this scenario.
Candy Berquist

United States

#92 Jan 26, 2011
Can ANYONE doubt whether we are in the Last Days??? HOW MUCH MORE does evil have to flourish and the love of many grow cold before we are sure??? I pray that we all who have been affected be given the ability to process our feelings before God, allow Him to search our hearts, ask Him and gain ability to trust Him to lead us step by step to His healing and wholeness. I pray that we all choose to stand up for truth; that we can BE ANGRY YET SIN NOT; that if we cannot ourselves forgive-then to ask CHRIST IN US to forgive through us and show us how to be able to forgive, starting with forgiving ourselves for being deceived. Thank you, Rhea, for standing in the gap for those still so deeply wounded that they cannot yet arise. I pray also that we who have fallen can be counted with those spoken of in Daniel 11:35 "Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time." I say let the refining fires come... and let it start with me! I pray that we open our ears to hear what the Spirit says to the churches in Revelation 2 and 3 and that we all arise and choose to become the OVERCOMERS who will receive the promises spoken to each church who overcomes. I am so thankful for my Elk River Assembly and Solid Rock Church families that have loved me and my children through our hard years-I choose to remember the good things, the good people, the love we had for each other! God I pray for all of us-that none would perish! May I submit that I believe that Mary Matthews knows full well what has happened, and she now knows what was taught in error; that she is pounding the Throne of Grace with her intercessions for each of her children and family, church family, AND HER HUSBAND! I cannot understand fully nor can I fathom what God has allowed, but I am proud of, love, and support your stand for truth Andy, Mindy, and Emily. I will pray for your family until the END. May I encourage us not to throw out the gifts of the Holy Spirit because of man's errant use of them? Lastly, may I submit Revelation 19:11-16, "I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice He judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns. He has a name written on Him that no one knows but He Himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of His mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron septer. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."
Information

Mankato, MN

#93 Jan 26, 2011
New court date is Feb. 2nd at 8:30 a.m. Be sure to check the day before to see if the date or time has been changed again.
LOST

Garden City, MI

#94 Jan 26, 2011
So then, where do I go from here? I don't know how others are doing, but I can hardly go to church anymore? How do I trust "people of God" after this depth of deceitfulness? How do I rightly divide the word? How do I pray and even why do I pray? Is God even who we were taught he is or is this just another trick? Another deflection from the "diry boys club"??? Why pray when God just allows unspeakable situations to keep happening over and over and over.....Whats the point???
Tommy Gust

United States

#95 Jan 26, 2011
If your heart desires God and truth, pray and stay in the word. I assure you that there is a few really good churches out here. If you know me, then you know how to get a hold of me. I'll help any way I can to get you in a good church.
Rev Edward G Palmer

Willmar, MN

#96 Jan 26, 2011
Pray for the children and grandchildren and all of the families that have been deceived by William Neal Matthews, a servant of Satan clothed in righteousness.
Additional information concerning Solid Rock Church and William Neal Matthews ministry is available online at http://www.james417.org including exactly how he stole the Church from the Assembly of God first and his own congregation secondly.
Indeed, this crime is the least of the ones he is guilty of. YET, until those who know the truth stop covering up for him, he will, no doubt continue to abuse the people of his congregation. Therefore, everyone who knows the crimes he has committed and who refuse to step forward, identify themselves, and tell the truth -- are in fact, themselves also responsible for this evil that is being wreaked upon people in God's name.
Don't hide behind anonymous names. IF Andy can identify himself, you also can. Jesus said "Woe to those who cause one of these little ones to sin." I would add "Woe to all who refuse to tell the truth and who hide behind the internet anonymously in their postings.
God sees it all and HE will have the final word on all of this. I also doubt if William Neal Matthews will serve any jail time UNLESS those in the know stop covering up for his other crimes. Most likely, he will be fined and his congregation will be asked to pay what will be described as a satanic attack by those who hate the church.
To the remaining members of Solid Rock Church, Jesus would remind you that you will know them by their fruits. BUT -- if you are too programmed to even open your eyes, ears and brains to what is going on around you -- you will remain destined to living in this cult. WAKE UP. And awake to righteousness.
God's blessings to all who seek HIS truth.
Edward
Rhea Beaudry

Elk River, MN

#97 Jan 26, 2011
"Lost"... that is the hardest part of this whole deal, that people are so disillusioned with "church" that they (we) have distanced ourselves from it. The fact that we are "dis-illusioned" points out that we had illusions in the first place. "Church" is not a building, a leader, or a small group of people who think exactly the same. "Church" is the Body of Christ--no walls, no buildings, no self-appointed leaders (Christ Himself is the Head). Someone wrote earlier an accusation of trying to start a new "church". No....actually it would be truer to say that they have broken out from the confines of "church" and have begun to live as those who are beloved of the Father, and those who are merely allowing Him to love others through us. If you look long enough and are very blessed, you may find a fellowship of believers who is not all wrapped up in promoting agendas and programs. Meanwhile, just know that there are those of us "out there" who are forever done with church-as-we-knew-it, and seeking to be the true Church of Jesus Christ-- CHURCH R US!!!!!!!!! My heart truly breaks for the ones who, in their disillusionment, threw out their personal relationship with Christ with the dirty bathwater, and now want nothing to do with HIM.Don't blame the Lord for what man has done. Keep on loving Him and opening your heart to HIM. He WILL be found by you, He promised!
Rev Edward G Palmer

Willmar, MN

#98 Jan 26, 2011
LOST wrote:
So then, where do I go from here? I don't know how others are doing, but I can hardly go to church anymore? How do I trust "people of God" after this depth of deceitfulness? How do I rightly divide the word? How do I pray and even why do I pray? Is God even who we were taught he is or is this just another trick? Another deflection from the "diry boys club"??? Why pray when God just allows unspeakable situations to keep happening over and over and over.....Whats the point???
You and everyone else who has suffered will find resources at http://www.bookofedward.org that can help restore your walk with God HIMSELF. You will find peace, but not in the church. You will find it in HIM alone.

Blessings,

Edward

PS - A feedback form is also available at the site
Forever Ex-src

United States

#99 Jan 26, 2011
Rhea thank you for your recent post to 'Lost'. You are so right! It is our personal relationship with Christ that counts. People can always fail us,even those who loudly proclaim themselves to be "people of God". Christ will never fail us.
Chad

United States

#100 Jan 26, 2011
Despite all the bad stuff at SCR..Ive got alot of good memories as well..All the concerts I got to host..Seeing people get saved at the concerts...Some pretty funny road trip stories..One involving you Andrew..LOL Its just really sad to see how deceived people have gotten over 1 man and his ill teachings..We need to learn to follow God and not man..My prayers really go out to all of Bills kids..loosing a mother by death and division amoungst siblings...some of them caught in the web of deception..MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED..Andrew if there is any way I can contact u personally, Id love to chat a bit..

Since: Jan 11

United States

#101 Jan 26, 2011
By the way for those wondering im not in California..I have no idea why its showing that. I moved to SW MO/NW Arkansas in 2005..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oven/stove problems please help Dec 29 Mlhafermann 1
News Big Lake officer embroiled in department contro... (Sep '08) Oct '17 sheila christenson 33
Slave sex ring (Jul '17) Jul '17 mary 1
News House passes bill toughening penalties for prot... (Apr '17) Jul '17 Defeat Maxine Waters 11
Election Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) May '17 Phineus 861
News Sex offender arrested in Rockford (Jun '06) Mar '17 Sue 4
Looking for small cheap apt (Jan '17) Jan '17 Renee Brook 1

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages