ed-p

San Jose, CA

#1 Oct 31, 2012
What the public like to see

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#2 Oct 31, 2012
I would say clubs, bars, liquor stores, and cabs.
monticello mom

Munfordville, KY

#3 Oct 31, 2012
We need a real movie theater something we can all enjoy not the out of date reruns downtown sorry,not to offend

“pervinco per logica”

#4 Oct 31, 2012
monticello mom wrote:
We need a real movie theater something we can all enjoy not the out of date reruns downtown sorry,not to offend
It's exceedingly hard to turn a profit with a small theater showing new movies, especially in this economy, due to increased equipment and licensing costs. It would be almost guaranteed to fail around here.
http://www.indiewire.com/article/were-about-t...
Wishful Thinker

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>It's exceedingly hard to turn a profit with a small theater showing new movies, especially in this economy, due to increased equipment and licensing costs. It would be almost guaranteed to fail around here.
http://www.indiewire.com/article/were-about-t...
I agree. This town needs to get back to its agricultural and industrial roots. We still have many factories, but this town does not take advantage of its resources. A factory that produces products made from local harvests would be a start. By using local resources to create jobs our economy would grow. However, this towns main issue is the local officials. They shut out new business opportunities in order to prevent any "new money" from coming into town. They fear growth and change. They do not want any outsiders coming in and possibly taking money out of their own pockets. Just look at all of the federal grant money that has magically disappeared. Our local officials are to blame for this town and its decline.
ed-p

San Jose, CA

#6 Oct 31, 2012
what bout bakery and coffe shope?

“pervinco per logica”

#7 Oct 31, 2012
Wal-mart would destroy the bakery and nobody has money for $7 coffees in Wayne County.
USA

United States

#9 Oct 31, 2012
I AGREE.....
nochump

London, KY

#10 Nov 1, 2012
A Distillery that serves Steaks
Facespace

United States

#11 Nov 1, 2012
Judging from the majority of Monticello... I'd say the thing that we need most is a Rehab Clinic...
Happy Citizen

Somerset, KY

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Our local officials are to be commended for obtaining over $15,000,000 in federal funding for such projects as a new wastewater treatment plant and a new water treatment plant. The construction has begun! These projects will provide excellent and adequate infrastructure for the community for the next 20-25 years. We are proud of the forward thinking and planning for the future on behalf of these officials. Without adequate infranstructure, the community cannot grow and prosper. Glad we got young, energetic, and bright officials working for us.
Anne

Glasgow, KY

#13 Nov 1, 2012
I think we need bingo place like Somerset and let the money go to support the schools instead of having all these fund raisers selling high stuff and not all kids get the rewards. It's fun and something to do.

“pervinco per logica”

#14 Nov 1, 2012
Happy Citizen wrote:
Our local officials are to be commended for obtaining over $15,000,000 in federal funding for such projects as a new wastewater treatment plant and a new water treatment plant. The construction has begun! These projects will provide excellent and adequate infrastructure for the community for the next 20-25 years. We are proud of the forward thinking and planning for the future on behalf of these officials. Without adequate infranstructure, the community cannot grow and prosper. Glad we got young, energetic, and bright officials working for us.
Are we really supposed to think this is "bright"? This couldn't look more like a shill. Do better.
Wishful Thinker

United States

#15 Nov 1, 2012
Happy Citizen wrote:
I do not believe for one minute that all of that money will be used for this "water treatment facility". The "official budget" will be doctored to appear so, but most of the money will be put into their wallets. Just look at all of the other federal money that Monticello has been granted that has disappeared. Our officials are the reason this town is dying. They only do just enough to appear to be working. We need real leadership. We need officials that put public demand before private interests. We need officials that won't deny business permits in order to prevent competition from coming into town. This town will never prosper with the current officials we have in office. It will take a federal or state investigation of our officials and our electoral system before anything will change.
Big boy

United States

#16 Nov 1, 2012
Wishful Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe for one minute that all of that money will be used for this "water treatment facility". The "official budget" will be doctored to appear so, but most of the money will be put into their wallets. Just look at all of the other federal money that Monticello has been granted that has disappeared. Our officials are the reason this town is dying. They only do just enough to appear to be working. We need real leadership. We need officials that put public demand before private interests. We need officials that won't deny business permits in order to prevent competition from coming into town. This town will never prosper with the current officials we have in office. It will take a federal or state investigation of our officials and our electoral system before anything will change.
Tell me one business our officials have denyed a permit for????? Come on big guy name something specific instead of running your trap! New business, dollar general, fastenal, soon to be Tractor Supply, plus numerous small businesses. A lot of our factories are hiring back. If people like you would get off the dope and off your lazy butt then that would help even more! If you have proof that a business has been denied or someone is pocketing money then lets hear the proof other wise you are just slandering and need to be prosecuted for being a lying idiot! I'm waiting put up or shut up.....

“pervinco per logica”

#17 Nov 1, 2012
Big boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me one business our officials have denyed a permit for????? Come on big guy name something specific instead of running your trap! New business, dollar general, fastenal, soon to be Tractor Supply, plus numerous small businesses. A lot of our factories are hiring back. If people like you would get off the dope and off your lazy butt then that would help even more! If you have proof that a business has been denied or someone is pocketing money then lets hear the proof other wise you are just slandering and need to be prosecuted for being a lying idiot! I'm waiting put up or shut up.....
Judging by the focus on only the permit issue, I will assume that it isn't true. It didn't make much sense, anyway.
I will also assume based on the paragraph addressing only one sentence of the previous paragraph that much of the remaining parts of their post are true. When confronted with a long list of bad things you've done mixed with a couple of false accusations, it is the "politician way" to whine super loud about the false accusations with the hopes that people will forget all of the rest.

“Eagle is in the HOUSE...!!!!”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 1, 2012
A pirate themed bar?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19 Nov 1, 2012
Anne wrote:
I think we need bingo place like Somerset and let the money go to support the schools instead of having all these fund raisers selling high stuff and not all kids get the rewards. It's fun and something to do.
Well between the lottery, bingo parlors and the sale of alcohol the schools might be able to buy toilet paper for the bathrooms. You never know what great things are in store.
permit part is true

United States

#20 Nov 2, 2012
A female veterinarian was denied a business permit by the local officials. She wanted to open up a practice here and they told her no. That part is true because she spoke with a couple of places about renting office space before she was told no by officials.
Anne

Springfield, KY

#21 Nov 2, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>Well between the lottery, bingo parlors and the sale of alcohol the schools might be able to buy toilet paper for the bathrooms. You never know what great things are in store.
. I don't know weather u throwing off on my comment or what but I know alot people go Somerset plays bingo and most the sponsors are there schools I just meant it would help parents that have all these supply lists and pay for sports equipment. The way I see it people want gamble there money that's there business but why not put it to use to help us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min DITCH MITCH 153,987
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 32 min Stop The War On Coal 5,455
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Bill 26,280
Family court judge race 6 hr Hammer 4
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 6 hr fact 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr pusherman_ 131,073
Rip Eva Harmon 10 hr Friend 5
•••
•••
•••

Monticello Jobs

•••
•••
•••