The end of Monticello Schools

The end of Monticello Schools

Posted in the Monticello Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fact

Somerset, KY

#1 Dec 23, 2012
Whats so funny is how Wayne County finally ended Monticello school system. Where did your leaders graduate from Extinct Trojans?

Why was the school run straight into the ground with shady business deals with Wayne officials gaining from the sell?

The end of the sacrilegious Trojan is at hand. RIP dead Trojans , you are finished.
Lyin Stuart

Somerset, KY

#2 Dec 24, 2012
The trojans will live again, just wait and see. Our glorious leaders will raise up and save us.
whoa 1

Krypton, KY

#3 Dec 24, 2012
why cannot you people grow up and let this happen as it will. it is now time that Wayne and Monticello learn to get along and come out of this thing stronger than ever before. Wayne County as a whole will be fine once all this is over and things settle down. We cannot go to school as mortal enemies and think that will accomplish anything. If there is violence in the school system it should be dealt with swiftly. Zero tolerance should be rule and our school officials should stick to it. Time to move on.
The Judge

Somerset, KY

#4 Dec 26, 2012
Lyin Stuart wrote:
The trojans will live again, just wait and see. Our glorious leaders will raise up and save us.
This has been coming for a long time. The glorious leaders (the board of education) should have seen this coming. Could the chairman not at least read a financial statement. This thing has gone over the cliff. It would take a very large sum of money to save it, much more than the tax payers of Monticello would be willing to pay. I feel sorry for all the employees that will loose their jobs. Wayne county may not be required to take any of them.
Lyin Stuart

Somerset, KY

#5 Dec 26, 2012
No our leaders are getting ready to ask the tax payers of wayne co to take a increase to save our school. whats all the people goin to do without a job. we just were overstaffed by 20 teachs
dianna

London, KY

#6 Jan 9, 2013
lets hope we can save it i wen o monticello and m kids did o wih god help we can save i is no righ monicello has been here for years its not right for them not to help

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 9, 2013
dianna wrote:
lets hope we can save it i wen o monticello and m kids did o wih god help we can save i is no righ monicello has been here for years its not right for them not to help
Did you say you graduated from Monticello?
whoa 1

London, KY

#8 Jan 9, 2013
I think it is probably time for our school system to go into the 21st century whether we want to admit it or not? I am a grad of Monticello (years ago) and this subject came up then as it has over the past few years. Now it is time to put the plan into action and consolidate our schools. Yes, pain hurts but its time to move forward. I totally feel it is BS about who caused this, etc. as it does not matter now. It is bad that Monticello allowed themselves to get into this crappy situation but it did. Go Forward and forget the past.
taxpayer

London, KY

#9 Jan 29, 2013
it does matter! someone took that money,and until they stand up and admit it , and restore it back to the general funds, we shall not move on and forget it!
taxpayer

London, KY

#10 Jan 29, 2013
they should fill all positions with certified teachers and let the aides go.
bobbi

United States

#11 Jan 29, 2013
please leave us alone, like I said on another thread. this is hurtful to us Trojans and we are figuring our how to tax the county citizens to pay for our school. its just so hurtful to lose all our Trojan pride and great tradition. its just a shame to even think of having to merge with those nasty cardinals.
the Guardian

Hodgenville, KY

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Fact wrote:
Whats so funny is how Wayne County finally ended Monticello school system. Where did your leaders graduate from Extinct Trojans?
Why was the school run straight into the ground with shady business deals with Wayne officials gaining from the sell?
The end of the sacrilegious Trojan is at hand. RIP dead Trojans , you are finished.
Looks to me like the Wayne Supt. knew exactly what was going down and probably knew that it was illegal. Pretty smart fella to bring an end to Monticello School and make a profit at the same time from the deal. Someone ought to nominate the Wayne Supt. for Supt. of the Year.
jerrytheking

United States

#13 Jan 29, 2013
the price is right

London, KY

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Man!!!this must be a trend.....Read somewhere Cumberland Co. is trying to pull the same TRICK!!!!Maybe just to avert the attention from these Wayne Co.Thugs.
Please

Liberty, KY

#15 Jan 30, 2013
the Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks to me like the Wayne Supt. knew exactly what was going down and probably knew that it was illegal. Pretty smart fella to bring an end to Monticello School and make a profit at the same time from the deal. Someone ought to nominate the Wayne Supt. for Supt. of the Year.
I can't believe you are trying to blame Wayne Co. School Officials for what everybody knows the Monticello School Officials have done. Always blaming Wayne County for Monticello's downfall. I guess it is our fault that we overstaffed Monticello by 30 teachers too. This year alone is over $1,000,000.00. Do they teach math over there?
the Guardian

London, KY

#16 Jan 30, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you are trying to blame Wayne Co. School Officials for what everybody knows the Monticello School Officials have done. Always blaming Wayne County for Monticello's downfall. I guess it is our fault that we overstaffed Monticello by 30 teachers too. This year alone is over $1,000,000.00. Do they teach math over there?
No blame on Wayne County, just saying that the Supt. at Wayne County seems to be pretty shrewed. Smart enough to know whether to ask Monticello officials if they had State approval or not before making a deal with them on some land and smart enough to know what would happen if they spent all that money without the State's approval. But, yes it's the Monticello officials that set the path for their own demise at the expense of their students, parents, and taxpayers that supported their district.
Please

London, KY

#17 Jan 30, 2013
the Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>
No blame on Wayne County, just saying that the Supt. at Wayne County seems to be pretty shrewed. Smart enough to know whether to ask Monticello officials if they had State approval or not before making a deal with them on some land and smart enough to know what would happen if they spent all that money without the State's approval. But, yes it's the Monticello officials that set the path for their own demise at the expense of their students, parents, and taxpayers that supported their district.
The Monticello board probably wouldn't have taken to kindly to that. What makes you think he even knew about the fiasco before it happened?
the Guardian

London, KY

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>The Monticello board probably wouldn't have taken to kindly to that. What makes you think he even knew about the fiasco before it happened?
Guess just speculating like many on these threads. Believe someone on here said that the Wayne Supt. was an owner or part owner of the real estate business that handled the sale of some land for a soccer field in question. So just seems logical that a large dollar sale like the one described would generate some questions, especially if you are the Supt. of a rival district and stand to make a profit from the sale? Lots of questions to be answered or need to be answered by several officials it would seem.
Leonidas

London, KY

#19 Jan 31, 2013
THIS IS SPARTA!!!
Please

London, KY

#20 Jan 31, 2013
the Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess just speculating like many on these threads. Believe someone on here said that the Wayne Supt. was an owner or part owner of the real estate business that handled the sale of some land for a soccer field in question. So just seems logical that a large dollar sale like the one described would generate some questions, especially if you are the Supt. of a rival district and stand to make a profit from the sale? Lots of questions to be answered or need to be answered by several officials it would seem.
Who is he to question the Monticello Board of Education? The board members should know the laws they vote on as to whether they are legal or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr LMS 148,462
The Walk to Emmaus (Apr '09) 3 hr Been there done that 696
r daniels 6 hr Undertaker 4
Powers out 9 hr Dude with a ligjter 6
great news 16 hr finally 3
Is Bipolar a license to cheat, lie and be mean ... (Oct '09) 23 hr curious 300
Josh Evans Mon Bernie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages