cheapest divorce
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
want to know

Toccoa, GA

#1 Aug 27, 2008
who is the cheapest attourney for getting a divorce?
Cat

Blairsville, GA

#2 Aug 27, 2008
I don't think I would WANT the cheapest attorney! One party always wins and the other loses. I'd bet on the one with the better attorney coming out on top! Sometimes it pays to spend a little extra.
want to know

Toccoa, GA

#3 Aug 27, 2008
when you haven't heard from them in months, don't know where they are, and don't care cheap is the only way to go. They have already lost anyway. Just want to get it done.
divorced

London, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2008
want to know wrote:
when you haven't heard from them in months, don't know where they are, and don't care cheap is the only way to go. They have already lost anyway. Just want to get it done.
u def. don't want michael rains i had him and he does not know anything about divorces all he was after was the money of course that's most of them but i really would not reccomend him good luck
johny waud

Mount Vernon, IN

#5 Aug 27, 2008
johny waud says the cheapest way to have a divorce is dont accumilate any belongings while your together be a dead beat
A Suggestion

London, KY

#6 Aug 27, 2008
Melissa Gillium in Somerset...she is not cheap, but she does know her stuff...she knows the system because her father use to be a judge. She will stand up for her clients as well and is very outspoken.
gettingin

Somerset, KY

#7 Aug 27, 2008
Gordon Germain, as well not cheap but really not that expensive. Free consoltations!!
Divorced

Hazard, KY

#8 Aug 27, 2008
Gordon Germain is the cheapest I found. My divorce was uncontested and the cost was $641. Anywhere else I checked at was in the seven and eight hundreds.
truthful

Somerset, KY

#9 Aug 27, 2008
charlie pharis got my divorce for 550$!!! that was everything !!!!! it dont realy take a good lawyer to get u a divorce if u dont have much or if its not contested !!!! i dont know how good he was at divorces but now im a happy single man !!!! have already met a wonderful woman !!!!
want to know

East Bernstadt, KY

#10 Aug 28, 2008
truthful wrote:
charlie pharis got my divorce for 550$!!! that was everything !!!!! it dont realy take a good lawyer to get u a divorce if u dont have much or if its not contested !!!! i dont know how good he was at divorces but now im a happy single man !!!! have already met a wonderful woman !!!!
Thank you truthful and thank you divorced. My situation is about the same as yours. I am greatful for a serious answer. Were your divorces recent? Did it take long? I'm sorry you two had to go through it but I am glad you are happy now and wish you the best.
just me

Toccoa, GA

#11 Aug 28, 2008
I agree with the ones that say Gordon Germain. He did mine and he really knew what he was doing, and got it done quick.
Someone Who Cares

Toccoa, GA

#12 Aug 28, 2008
Depending on your income. You can go to App. Volunteer Lawyers of Ky. You have to Seperated 6 months. Then wait until a lawyer can take your case for free. Can take up to 6 months to a year. They are located in Frankfort.
judy

Hazard, KY

#13 Aug 28, 2008
A Suggestion wrote:
Melissa Gillium in Somerset...she is not cheap, but she does know her stuff...she knows the system because her father use to be a judge. She will stand up for her clients as well and is very outspoken.
I think she is GREAT!!!!!! Worth every penny..
Bat Girl

Covington, KY

#14 Aug 28, 2008
What do you think about a man that leaves his wife for another women then tries to take the house that his children lives in.Taking your heart and riping out isn't enough he wants his children to suffer to.

Since: Aug 08

Hazard, KY

#15 Aug 28, 2008
Well...actually, it's Melinda not Melissa but everything else is right-on. She'll probably be Family Court Judge in Somerset once Walt Maguire hangs it up.
BLACK PRINCESS

London, KY

#16 Aug 28, 2008
if you know how to type the cheapest is done yourself. You said that you haven't seen him in months you can file at the court house and have the papers sent to his last known address and put an ad in the local paper for one month if he doesn't respond and ur divorce will be granted. if you know where he is and it is uncontested it will be real quick the only catch is if you have children.
truthful

London, KY

#17 Aug 28, 2008
that might work if u have been seperated for over six months !!! but there are still filing fee's court fee's and so on !!!! it is best to get a lawyer !!! some of then will even let u make payments as long as u have it paid off b 4 the divorce is final !!! i tried talking to the free lawyers but it could of taken up to 2 years !!!! i would just call all of them and ask !!!! they will give you a price foir free !!!
want to know

East Bernstadt, KY

#18 Aug 28, 2008
I heard do it yourself takes forever? Where do you get the forms? We have not children.
want to know

East Bernstadt, KY

#19 Aug 28, 2008
We have no children.
truthful

London, KY

#20 Aug 28, 2008
call the clerks office and i'm sure they can tell u !!!!by the way good luck !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min Mickey402 143,088
Do you think this town will ever improve? 5 hr wasted money 18
Things You Love Game!! (Aug '10) 23 hr lilly 4,651
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 27 Abe 722
Lost Brindle Pitbull Reward if Found Aug 26 Bring my baby home 1
The Walk to Emmaus (Apr '09) Aug 24 Been there done that 668
Really nice TV (Jul '11) Aug 24 Sorry for you 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages