Copper Wire Discoveries
Bubba

Somerset, KY

#1 Mar 23, 2010
This makes a body proud...!!!

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York Scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: "California archaeologists, finding of 200 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, a local newspaper in Kentucky reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 feet in his pasture near Monticello, Kentucky, Bubba, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Kentucky had already gone wireless".
ohmy

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Mar 23, 2010
Bubba wrote:
After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York Scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.
Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: "California archaeologists, finding of 200 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."
One week later, a local newspaper in Kentucky reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 feet in his pasture near Monticello, Kentucky, Bubba, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Kentucky had already gone wireless".
We are so smart and way ahead of everybody else..... Thanks Bubba,
you made my day!!!!!!!!!!
rocket scientist

Grimsley, TN

#3 Mar 23, 2010
i think i went to archaeogly classes with bubba
lol

Lawrenceville, GA

#4 Mar 23, 2010
Bubba wrote:
I think this may be that smartest/funniest thing I have read on here.
Jayne

Calgary, Canada

#5 Mar 23, 2010
It is so refreshing to read something so funny,instead of some clown bad mouthing someone else. Thanks Bubba, very well done !

“C-C-L”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#6 Mar 25, 2010
Bubba wrote:
Got anymore good ones Bub? that even made me smile, which is not very often.
Hugh Damrite

London, KY

#7 Mar 31, 2010
The reason Bubba didn't find any copper wiring, was because the thieves had already dug it up..

“C-C-L”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#8 Mar 31, 2010
Hugh Damrite wrote:
The reason Bubba didn't find any copper wiring, was because the thieves had already dug it up..
Your probably right about that
wel well

Leavenworth, IN

#9 Mar 31, 2010
you no it would not be there the way they steal copper around here lucky we aint wireless now,,,,,lol
Hugh Damrite

London, KY

#10 Apr 1, 2010
wel well wrote:
you no it would not be there the way they steal copper around here lucky we aint wireless now,,,,,lol
Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were little? Next time, try and understand the content of the subject matter BEFORE you spout off and appear dumb as a bag of hammers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min decent women w p g 171,872
Dog breeder 2 hr Marcy Dillman 1
William Hogan 19 hr PoorPoorBaby 6
Food stamps and work 19 hr PoorPoorBaby 24
Wreck 19 hr PrayingForFamily 4
The Green eyed girl at Huddle House 20 hr HaveAtIt 6
Naked woman running down Columbia Avenue Thu sodisappointed 3

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages