who you gonna vote for?

Since: Sep 12

Albany, KY

#212 Sep 20, 2012
Wings that is not a smart outlook to have. You are acting like people don't try suicide after people do stuff like this, well they do. I've known people that did. It only took a few of them but they acted just like you are and they pused that boy over the edge. I don't know what your deal is but I'm ashamed of you. Worst behaviour I ever seen from one vet to another and you should know better.

Albany, KY

#224 Sep 20, 2012
3 minutes to answer? I was in the Navy, stationed NAS Oceana and the Enterprise. 9mm when I carried, sometimes M60 when on ASF. E-6 (AW), boot up in great lakes and A school down in Pensacola. You really think I'm fakin here? I aint got a fake bone in my body, lady. I'm proud of my service and I stay true to the principals.

Albany, KY

#239 Sep 21, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>Oh stuff it Rid-X, ain't nobody gonna end it over a bunch of nonsense. Relax already!
You think there's no consequences when people do stuff like this?Maybe you need to check the local news today woman. See what happens when people bully.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#258 Sep 29, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>Do you actually think Pibb and I want to be the same sort of laughing stock you have become on this forum. We have fought, scratched and argued with the best, yet they remain on good terms with us. Statements such as "I have dominated this forum" just doesn't cut it on here. No one likes you or the fact that you believe you are owed top dog status. You need to take a seat now and then and let someone else have the floor. A person might actually converse with you. You really only need yourself to talk to. Apparently you have a complex of sorts that makes you crave that feeling of superiority. If you were honestly that smart you would see yourself as others perceive you. AKA..A smart Alec, KIA bully. Your self praising attitude nullifies your intelligence. Why not just come on down from your high horse and join the real world? It's lonely at the top isn't it?
I think that it can be easily demonstrated that speaking modestly and abstaining from rudeness does absolutely nothing but open one up for more bashing.

“Expect the unexpected”

Since: Dec 09

Or maybe not

#259 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it can be easily demonstrated that speaking modestly and abstaining from rudeness does absolutely nothing but open one up for more bashing.
It has worked for me. I am not always rude and obnoxious. It is often just more fun.

“pervinco per logica”

#260 Sep 29, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>It has worked for me. I am not always rude and obnoxious. It is often just more fun.
You saw what happened, did you not? Being nice gets you stepped on. And how interesting that you attempt to abuse me for weeks for having "fun", just to agree that what I was doing was fun and admit to doing the same.

“Expect the unexpected”

Or maybe not

#261 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You saw what happened, did you not? Being nice gets you stepped on. And how interesting that you attempt to abuse me for weeks for having "fun", just to agree that what I was doing was fun and admit to doing the same.
When you dole it out, ya gotta be able to take it. I do this kinda thing for fun with my friends and certain members of my family. So telling me I would not do it to someone's face was an uninformed statement.

“pervinco per logica”

#262 Sep 29, 2012
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>When you dole it out, ya gotta be able to take it. I do this kinda thing for fun with my friends and certain members of my family. So telling me I would not do it to someone's face was an uninformed statement.
If that is the way you took the entire discussion, then that was not the goal. Of course you mess around with friends and family. Almost everyone does. The intent of the discussion was to determine if you would do it to people you don't actually know. I thought that would have been obvious, my apologies for not better describing.

“"No Sleep, 'til Brooklyn!"”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#263 Sep 29, 2012
You will never be stepped on, if you choose not to. I've been called everything from a wh*re to someone who needs reconstructive surgery on here. No biggie. It doesn't matter if you are an angel or a devil, people will always hate on you.

“Expect the unexpected”

Or maybe not

#264 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the way you took the entire discussion, then that was not the goal. Of course you mess around with friends and family. Almost everyone does. The intent of the discussion was to determine if you would do it to people you don't actually know. I thought that would have been obvious, my apologies for not better describing.
The answer is yes. If I came upon what I felt was blatant abuse in some manner or the other, I would step up. Regardless of the consequenses to myself. But I rarely instigate such circumstanses unless I am looking for a fight.

“Expect the unexpected”

Or maybe not

#265 Sep 29, 2012
Lisa Marie Merrell wrote:
You will never be stepped on, if you choose not to. I've been called everything from a wh*re to someone who needs reconstructive surgery on here. No biggie. It doesn't matter if you are an angel or a devil, people will always hate on you.
So true...

“pervinco per logica”

#266 Sep 29, 2012
Don't get me wrong, nobody hurt my feelings. But several were clearly bashing me for actually attempting to be nice and promote niceness. So, your last sentence summed it up nicely and is consistent with the position I had that others argued against.
Pibbstraa wrote:
<quoted text>The answer is yes. If I came upon what I felt was blatant abuse in some manner or the other, I would step up. Regardless of the consequenses to myself. But I rarely instigate such circumstanses unless I am looking for a fight.
Yes. So, not the same as on here. Understood. That's more along the lines of what I expected. Most decent people (in the real world) will stand up for those being abused and not start swinging over simple opinions, and hopefully you'll see how that is different from both what you have done online and what you've criticized me for doing online.

Remember that I have stated from the beginning that that's how I operated. I'm giving a different approach a shot and we'll see how long other people allow it to last.

“Expect the unexpected”

Or maybe not

#267 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, nobody hurt my feelings. But several were clearly bashing me for actually attempting to be nice and promote niceness. So, your last sentence summed it up nicely and is consistent with the position I had that others argued against.
<quoted text>
Yes. So, not the same as on here. Understood. That's more along the lines of what I expected. Most decent people (in the real world) will stand up for those being abused and not start swinging over simple opinions, and hopefully you'll see how that is different from both what you have done online and what you've criticized me for doing online.
Remember that I have stated from the beginning that that's how I operated. I'm giving a different approach a shot and we'll see how long other people allow it to last.
To me, this is the same. I was asked to help with a problem poster. If nothing else, you at least now are being civil. But it will take some time for some to take you at your word as you history of aggression has made few friends.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#268 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You say that yet you did more swinging at simple opinions than anyone else. That is fact. That swinging is what started the fire. Can you not see that? If not I will guide you back to the beginning.

Location hidden

#269 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get me wrong, nobody hurt my feelings. But several were clearly bashing me for actually attempting to be nice and promote niceness. So, your last sentence summed it up nicely and is consistent with the position I had that others argued against.

Pibbstraa wrote, "<quoted text>The answer is yes. If I came upon what I felt was blatant abuse in some manner or the other, I would step up. Regardless of the consequenses to myself. But I rarely instigate such circumstanses unless I am looking for a fight."

It takes a while to get over hurt feelings from this place, or from any place that is. My self confidence was actually bolstered by posting on here, because I learned from it.

How long have you been posting? You are sure no feelings were hurt? You sound a little bitter. No I'm not trying to start anything. Is it bitterness from this site and these posts?

Location hidden

#270 Sep 29, 2012
Ok, if that's too personal I'll back off.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#271 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you realize it was because we knew you were an impersonator? After a while on here you begin to spot certain things. Things that don't allow 1+1 to equal 2.

“pervinco per logica”

#272 Sep 29, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>You say that yet you did more swinging at simple opinions than anyone else. That is fact. That swinging is what started the fire. Can you not see that? If not I will guide you back to the beginning.
The "more" is more than debatable, but of course I did. And I said I did. And I said that this isn't the real world to me and I wasn't acting the same as I would there.
<quoted text>
It takes a while to get over hurt feelings from this place, or from any place that is. My self confidence was actually bolstered by posting on here, because I learned from it.
How long have you been posting? You are sure no feelings were hurt? You sound a little bitter. No I'm not trying to start anything. Is it bitterness from this site and these posts?
No, not too personal, just doing other stuff for a few.
Definitely no feelings were hurt. Bitterness comes from world experience and continually observing the willfully ignorant dragging us all down. And I've been just as bitter from the start.
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize it was because we knew you were an impersonator? After a while on here you begin to spot certain things. Things that don't allow 1+1 to equal 2.
No, I don't think so. I would have been called out instead of insulted for telling people to be nice, and you wouldn't have partied like it's 1999 once I posted on this account.

“Expect the unexpected”

Or maybe not

#273 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The "more" is more than debatable, but of course I did. And I said I did. And I said that this isn't the real world to me and I wasn't acting the same as I would there.
<quoted text>
Definitely no feelings were hurt. Bitterness comes from world experience and continually observing the willfully ignorant dragging us all down. And I've been just as bitter from the start.
<quoted text>
No, I don't think so. I would have been called out instead of insulted for telling people to be nice, and you wouldn't have partied like it's 1999 once I posted on this account.
Ok. You have both stated where you stood. I have told her to give you a chance to prove you can discuss without being so condescending.
Somebody needs to be the first to call a truce

Location hidden

#274 Sep 29, 2012
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>The "more" is more than debatable, but of course I did. And I said I did. And I said that this isn't the real world to me and I wasn't acting the same as I would there.

Lisa Marie Merrell wrote, "<quoted text>
How long have you been posting? You are sure no feelings were hurt? You sound a little bitter. No I'm not trying to start anything. Is it bitterness from this site and these posts? "

Wings of a Dove wrote, "<quoted text>Do you realize it was because we knew you were an impersonator? After a while on here you begin to spot certain things. Things that don't allow 1+1 to equal 2."

Ok, fair enough. I understand your position on things. I'm just thinking that you'll still find, that more people respond to understanding and compassion, than to cold logic. And no, I make no excuses for any insults thrown your way from others.

Even when you were toning it down, you still based a lot on logic, while most respond to emotion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monticello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr who cares 148,999
Mom claims to see dead son in a flaming marshma... 6 hr Saw it too 2
Some really fine things for sale 11 hr Daddy 3
Beldens Now Hiring! 11 hr dunndeal 3
Pizza Hut 17 hr pretty boy 2
Fred Thrasher Prints snowflakes (Feb '13) 21 hr john 20
needing a stove and refrigerator for free or cheap (Jul '14) Wed holleymary 24

Monticello Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monticello Mortgages